Ask Brutus!!!!!

shaun's picture
shaun started the topic in Friday, 5 Oct 2012 at 7:16am

Just thought I would throw this one up, maybe you could ask Brutus about how he feels about car parks, effluent and surfing reserves instead of exposing breaks while you argue about not exposing them.

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Friday, 5 Oct 2012 at 7:21am

Top idea Shaun! Well Brutus, are we going to get a ferris wheel at Bells/Winki? There is one going cheap at docklands.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 5 Oct 2012 at 8:31am

Let it go Shaun. It's getting a tad boring...

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Friday, 5 Oct 2012 at 10:44am

cmon stu...dont be too serious all the time.....cmon brutus cole...what is it that you want to achieve by bringing focus to your plight of exposure along the coastline of australia?

did you oppose the pharmaceutical factory going up juz out of your beloved pt campbell too?

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 5 Oct 2012 at 12:57pm

Stu, I was trying to change the subject, Brutus has interesting things to say about crappiest surfing reserve in the world today. I only disagreed with the way he was carrying on about Rowley and I've said what I said and I said it again, so yes case closed, this is another thread so your off topic, let it go Stu.

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Friday, 5 Oct 2012 at 1:00pm

Well said Shaun, Gee Stu give Shaun a break will ya.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 5 Oct 2012 at 6:21pm

cant believe your still flogging this! you really must have a fucken boring life. your like little immature school kids!fucken pathetic

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 5 Oct 2012 at 6:43pm

Flogging what? I wanted to get brutus into a conversation about the bells/winki reserve, as he is passionate about it and knows what is happening with it, I am interested because I surfed it regularly from the mid seventies till the mid nineties, so it is a completely different subject, so what is your problem with that? Me and brutus have pretty much the same opinion on the subject but he is way more informed.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Sunday, 7 Oct 2012 at 9:03pm

COLE, Maurice

I am a long term resident of the Surf Coast, a member of the Bells Beach Advisory Committee and president of the Bells Beach Preservation Society. I have an international reputation as an innovative surfer and shaper and have recently received a lifetime achievement award from the European surf industry. I have been an advisory member of the ASP for over 20 years and a founding member of the Surfrider foundation. I am a passionate believer in open, transparent, accountable administration via community collaboration. I understand the importance of surf tourism to the Surf Coast economy and the infrastructure requirements and environmental concerns of residents and recreational surfers. The needs of Surf Coast residents must remain the top priority for the Surf Coast Shire. Vote 1 for me to ensure that the culture and values of the surf community are given due respect by the Surf Coast Shire.

Candidate's Indication of Preferences:
2 FISHER, Eve
5 WAKE, Merrin
11 WEBSTER, Dean
4 STOCKTON, Graeme
10 McKITERICK, Brian
9 HODGE, Rose
3 BELL, David K.
6 DUNNE, Gary John
8 REMENYI, Joe
7 DUKE, Martin
1 COLE, Maurice

PS. and dont bring your cameras or show up when 2 mile is over 10foot please!! no tourism!!

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Sunday, 7 Oct 2012 at 9:06pm

Maurice...if your constituents know that you treat people and attack people aggressively the way you have on the swellnet forums do you really think they would vote for you?........you may get half a dozen votes perhaps brother....lets be gentle and wise as we grow older eh?

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 6:58am

Maurice is standing for council hey, also I see a bloke that works or used too work for RipCurl, Gary Dunne, I could be wrong.
Smucko you should be working for swellnet, you would think the journalists at swellnet whoever they are would have bought this little tidbit up by now

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 7:06am

Shaun, it may surprise you to learn that we don't spend our time monitoring local council election candidates to see if a 'surfer' has nominated themselves for the position.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 7:51am

I am surprised, I thought you guys would have had your ears too the ground monitoring what is going on the surfing world.

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 7:54am

I would have thought so too Shaun.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 7:55am

Haha, the little Morris lapdog coming in right behind Shaun.

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 7:58am

Grrr....woof woof

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 8:00am

Down boy,back here, Sit!

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 9:04am

easy thermal.....i'm getn all sorts of mail from dwn there and happy to hand it on in a forum like this just so all bases are covered.....but why oh why benny boy am i getting the overwhelming sensation that the grand poohbah of swellnet seem's to wanna back tom-ross-maurice. Dont you think these big boys can look after themselves?? i guess that lil thorn in the side shaun did throw a rock at ya and you had to try to put him in his place......hmmmmm smells like a conspiricy.....you got shares in palagonia??

ol brutus knows that he is no.11 on a lot of the ballot sheets down there....good luk son!

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 9:06am

craig....you not far behind yourself you little parasite!! hehe

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 9:14am

Jeff, I was responding to Shaun's claim that Swellnet's not being proactive enough in monitoring local council nominations.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 9:15am

And no, I don't have shares in Patagonia. In fact I don't own shares in any surf company apart from Swellnet.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 11:11am

ooooh u cold and callous businessman u!!!.....are them shares the same as my company?? the $1.50 ones and theres only 2 shares??haha....i did get the feeling you seemed like you backn this fella but you blowin these spots outta the water as fast as you can at the same time....you are certainly ruthless,sneaky but ruthless!.....pumpn down here xx

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 11:14am

local council nominations in the tourquay ward here are hot topic ben...cmon you are onto every other top story in the surfing world.....with a little free help.....stunet has bn busy at home i guess.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 12:29pm

When are these elections happening? Boy is he going to be in a nasty mood if he doesn't get voted in.

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 12:32pm

Yeah, real nasty mood. Grrr...ruff!!!

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 12:44pm

shaun...you seem like you seem to have some personal beef against me,the update with Bells is we tried to stop 40% of the carparks for surfers being replaced by a commercial bus hub at Winki...so we and I did something about it....very stressful,in fact I got a fucken tumor back out of it..which you probably find funny,standing up for something you believe in and letting your health suffer..

as for shucks,I have already called you a gutless spineless coward without a response as you hid behind someone elses post ..but that who you are for all to see......

I am in California at the moment fighting for my health and I have stood for council only to expose the level of corruption that we found at bells in the hopes that some surfers will will vote and that my preferences will break the monopoly of the council who called surfing a fringe element,vandals and basically liars when it came to Bells.....so yeah I stood up for surfers......something you seem to despise..

as I asked before shucker,what the fuck have you ever done for anybody or your community except you seem proud to be hated and despised by the majority,and shaun the same applies to you ..what don't you understand about times have changed we have all learned lessons....I literally put my life on the line for the local surfing community and saving Bells...and you peanuts just dribble on about a bygone era,or seem to think that as the shuck thinks...in his god complex,he's always right and the rest of the world is wrong......

maybe shaun and the shmuck could list the benevolent things they have done in life .......

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 12:49pm

try going onto savebellsbeach.com and see what we have all fought for......shaun your comment about it being the crappiest surfing reserve...tell me whats your favorite surfing reserve????

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 1:26pm

I have no beef with you personally brutus, it's just your attitude on the port timboon thing and I think there has been enough said and that is why I am trying to change the subject. I applaud what you are doing at bells/winki. As it is , it is crappy, all it is is a carpark at the moment, and bus stop. It is set up with the easter contest the main priority , followed by bus loads of tourists and at the bottom of the list surfers, I had my way the carpark would be on the other side of the road and the existing carpark will be removed and replanted and have walking trails to the surf through native bush. I don't like surfing reserves as the seem to always pave them with asphalt.

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 1:28pm

Grrrr...Beef.,,.,.,,.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 2:38pm

shaun...there are now only 4 minibuses that have taken up licenses....there was up to 50 - 60 buses using the car park....I agree it would be nice to rip up the car park and walk in...we actually discussed that ,but we are trying to create the worlds first surf sanctuary,protected by federal and state legislation...a helluva a lot of political lobbying a lot of time and effort......but to let Bells /winki become a tourist hub....we have worked our collective butts off.......Bells is so much better now than 20 years ago.......all non commercial stakeholders have banded together......we are at least trying...what other option is there.....surrender???

top-to-bottom-bells's picture
top-to-bottom-bells's picture
top-to-bottom-bells Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 4:52pm

Your efforts havent gone unnoticed MC. Very appreciated by myself and the local crew. All the best with your health.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 6:33pm

Brutus Cole..."A gutless spineless coward" hmmm do you really think it bothers me that that is what you think of me maurice layn there in your chair getn help?? for what? the angry disease? i dont think you are spineless or gutless Mr, i think you are scared....scared of dying perhaps?

i wouldnt think you would have the balls to say the above wayward remark if facing the very same people that you feel this way about Mr Cole, unless maybe if you were facing a terminal illness?

you have managed to get yourself worked up and say some terrible things on here along with some others i have noticed, some nasty comments about my family included....but guess what..you are picking on the wrong guy because i have a big heart and wide shoulders and i forgive you for it....so keep bangn your heads against the wall if you need to because thats what you appear to be doing.

I still dont see what you are worried about with this exposure thing....i understand your positions on it but for the life of me cannot see it being a life or even lifestyle threatning problem....and i obviously dont think i am naive or blind.

you never know...we may see you involved in an ASP event here in SA instead of france.......hey i seen you on the webcast the other day....flyin the flag bruz!!

tip-top1's picture
tip-top1's picture
tip-top1 Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 8:32pm

brutus has done more for surfing than you will ever do ya schmuckwit, so why dont ya stick to fishin

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 8:43pm

Good work brutus, on three fronts, your bells work, acknowledging past indiscretions, and trying to shut up shaun and shmucks with rational responses. I usually like shauns rants but he lost me on this one. And shmucks, well good luck shutting that up with rational thought, he clearly has some interesting traits as we all do, his being the inability to see and accept that others might think differently to oneself. I hope all goes well for u in usa.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 8:58pm

Jeff ,

I Agree that people should not be " unwelcomed " .... but when there is a case for it , then it would to appease the local surrounds ...

I know you have Travelled , i know your not a Bad Bloke . But the Truth is you have not grown up surfing in area where 2 hrs travel can contrast between a " So Cal " vibe to N Cal scene . Many different places in a few states East of Adelaide have many differing contrasts in " local culture " .

If you don't understand this , then you will not understand peoples reasoning in trying to keep some places " low key " ...
I do realise even communities as sparsely populated as WC SA have a varying extent of Division in peoples beliefs about key topics , but the magnitude/ diversity on the land before you even get near the water is of a Level beyond comprehension unless you grow up through . In this case many have moved to find that isolation and near minded inclusion . That is the reality of people's reasoning in keeping things under their Hat ...

Rightly or Wrongly all sides of this disagreement should be respected .

Good Luck , over in the US Brute . Give ' em hell .!

And everyone pls remember that although our time here is Fleeting, the words written will echo , until the day that Computers become Obselete .. ( not in any short time comin ) ....
These words written in these Threads [ even through screen Grabs/shots , for those thinking they can just delete afterwards ] can and will be used to summarise through for quotations , Good or Bad .
Memories Fade , but all forms of Literature Live on . Even subculture Forums .

Don't beleive me Google a few of the Topics' Titles or participants ......

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 9:16pm

u dont have to worry tho do ya south..{forum banter}?? as long as you hide behind your lil veil of 'southey'....crowds?? hmmm i spent a bit of time at snapper?? is that crowds??....it was ok when you have a 9sec period ay?....wave after fukn wave and you could tow kirra after dark in the lights and smell the food cookn while you were gettn shacked!!.....some foxes live well in the city..{rational thought sypkan?}....

hey if any of you dont like where you live or whats happening there, why dont you leave? or at least just accept it eh?.......are you livn somewhere pristine with no crowds and you think its gettn worse?? where?really?

tiptop..........pissweak post!...do you mean he has exposed coasts or helped the industry?? or what? i saw one of his towboards on a trip once...............

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 9:36pm

The difference is Jeff ,

Nothing I've said is controversial .... FULL STOP .!

My Name gives no weight to what i say ... Only its content ..... remember ! I'm just a Nobody with a voice ....
But sometimes nobodies with the right voice get things done ....

With energy technology your coast will be unrecognisable in 50 yrs time . With Fresh water and industry who knows !!!

As for Foxes , well this Tiprat has lived well . He knows where to feed , he knows where to F&$% , he knows where to rest and most Importantly he knows where NOT to Shit ....

4kinkrail's picture
4kinkrail's picture
4kinkrail Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 10:00pm

As a cancer "survivor" and I use that term loosely... jeff you are a parasite.. After what I just read above, you are going to burn... I cannot even begin to tell you what your words just meant to me.

How dare you, ever again utter another meaningless bit of drivel.. You are nothing.

There are words, and then there are words. Making light of dying, cancer and the situation Maurice is in, I would not wish on even you.

I can honestly say, and I do hope people associated with you are reading this, if I ever see a magazine, a photo, a product or even some form of representation with you on a product or service, I will look the other way. Never again will I ever contribute my money to a something that promotes your name or what you have done.

You disgust me, you crossed the line jeff well and truly. You absolutely sicken me. I am done with this, this website and anything to do with you, you poor, sorry excuse for a human being.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 10:25pm

crossed the line ink?? your line that you say no one can cross?? i ,like you are entitled to an opinion,if in your wisdom you see what i wrote to maurice as an attack on his very person then you are reading it wrong....

i aint making light of dying at all...have a healthy respect for life is what i'm saying....back off with telln people what and how to do it....theres only one thing we should be telling each other or encouraging and thats to be happy.......

I wont miss you on here with your comments like "you are a waste of air" seeya

rail2rail's picture
rail2rail's picture
rail2rail Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 10:29pm

@Shauna, I really think that you're onto something with your suggestion to vegetate one existing carpark at Bells and replace it with a another carpark on the other side of the road, which would mean asphalting that piece of vegetation...and turning the current carpark into a walk trail.

You're onto it champ.

Say g'day to your alter ego for us.

Ben/Stu - What the hell is going on with Swellnet? It has degenerated to absolute shit.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 10:29pm

Gee Stinky and pussy I have to take my hat off to you , you are true loonys or loony as you are most probably one in the same.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 10:30pm

goodonya south...u sound like a fox in the city. And you love it!....dont agree with your mindset that there are cases for oppression on any coast in this country....regardless of how precious YOU think they are...I'm sure the westcoast of SA will be different in 50 years!! we were surfing under the ugliest windmills skyline you have ever seen yesterday.
Not to mention the wave generator going in at elliston ATM

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 10:32pm

4ink...you are a gutless spineless piece of crap

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 10:32pm

Yes Shaun totally agree, one in the same, defiantly.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 10:33pm

4ink...i would have removed that post if i was serious but i'm juz jokn around....peace xx

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 10:43pm

Which one 2 rails there's so many it's hard to keep track.

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 10:45pm

Me you dickhead.Or is there another one you haven't told me about?

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 11:30pm

Jeff ,

I'm no latte sippin green .... And I'm not oppressing no-one . I quite literally love the feel of a said Coastline , with ( your words - " oppression and all ) ....
So if someone can come and go from this Oppressive wave region with a BIG chesire grin every time , then thats Freedom .

As for your windy/wave region . They are only the Tip of the IceBerg .
When all the Planet savers realise that Nuclear is the only rational answer then with your Solar /Wind / wave potential , & desalinated water afforded by plentiful power resources . Forget LA , think Las Vegas on the Coast .... I know thats what you Want .... ;-)

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Tuesday, 9 Oct 2012 at 8:28am

Your right Southey, Just add water to the west coast and you have the perfect environment(for people to move in and fuck up) Bring on nuclear, it's the go.
Jeff wont see it in his lifetime but his grand kids will and they will be able to read every word he said on this forum.

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Tuesday, 9 Oct 2012 at 8:30am

Yeah, Shaun your spot on Southy has made a very good point.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Tuesday, 9 Oct 2012 at 8:55am

good morning fellas!!...south u are trippn if you think thats what i want...what i want is to just handle the change...embrace it....this is the very point i'm arguing on here....do you like the change you are seeing?? like or handle are one of the same eh?..

shaun ok to try to look to the future and have forums to look back on but you can also look to the past as its written in stone there too...you guys know the beautiful view as you roll over the hill into streaky bay after the long drive from west or east...beautiful ay??

Well it wsnt always like that! the land surrounding the bay was completely covered in trees which my ancestors chained and burnt, this i have known and understood from a young age...the very forum page of our coast....you know that these pioneers just thouhgt they were doin the right thing, just like the guys dropping the 1st 200 ton moorings in the wrong depth at locks well the other day for the new wave generator. just a mistake!

my grandkids will walk in the 20 acre scrub of native veg that my kids and I planted before 2000 tho in one of the paddoks that my ancestors destroyed........you can walk in there now in the spring and see baby native birds learning to fly.

insight.........we all have some.