SWELLNET;THE DEATH OF THE SECRET SPOT +or -

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker started the topic in Tuesday, 25 Sep 2012 at 5:05pm

here then ben....i so want to hear your opinion on wether you think you are doing the right thing or are you gunna water it down... iremember you copping flak a longtime ago and i supported you....i still do....your website is and has been my home page ever since my kids taught me to left clik with the mouse....so cmon ...straight answers....anyone else feel free to stik your 2 bobs worth in coz this is australia....girt by sea!!!!

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Sunday, 7 Oct 2012 at 8:40pm

hmmm kellyslater?? haha nice handle for an underground local charger that doesnt want any exposure eh?? you must hate swellnet seeing shots of your state a cupl times amonth?....make sure u have a krak nxt time i roll into your town...dont kick yourself wishn you did and didnt!!!....better still drop in at streaky nxt time ya come thru.....i figure if you did come thru or even if you are nearby you wont even show your face....i wont hurt ya.

@turns....i agree with u turns.

pussy...the name suits you.....hows your marriage?? hard work eh? maybe you are older and still havn trouble?....good luck with it coz u are gunna need it.....as far as kalbarri goes...yeah theres a few ledgends and a few wankers there...just ask the ledgends!!....well i think i understand which group of guys u would be seen with there. you along with tripod are a pair of mean and angry humans!! you guys need to chill out....you cant tell me that your weekly frustrations are all used up on smuka....hope your ok...really.

kellyslater's picture
kellyslater's picture
kellyslater Sunday, 7 Oct 2012 at 9:20pm

You are doing more than anyone in Australia and probably the world to expose surf locations that no one had heard of previously, yet you are pointing the finger at everyone else. The majority surf enjoy and keep Their mouth shut, it only takes one to fk it up for everyone and on the Internet it stays there forever.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Sunday, 7 Oct 2012 at 9:45pm

you need to have a look from another angle slats....i dont believe you for one about doing the most in the world to expose surf....and who cares?? the paranoid people like yourself that think its gunna get crowded way out in the sticks.......take all the areas that have good surf on the planet.....NW...perth 10hrs only destination for outback surf in the winter.....course it'll be crowded and crowded it is with a pack of southern guys that are trapped in that pack.

ments....surf charter industry and now land based...packed

goldy...packed

margys ...packed

cactus...packed

these joints have been packed for a longtime and its not just to do with wave quality..there are so many other factors....the places i have photographed and filmers have filmed over the last 10 years are less packed than they ever were...how do you figure that? and what are you worried about happening there?

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Sunday, 7 Oct 2012 at 9:54pm

slats...i think you may be havn the crack at me because not so much of what i have done but more so what i havnt done???

its true.... i havnt stood up and told people to fuck off {with cameras} {or without} on the westcoast of SA....and to make it worse for some I guess is that I have told anybody that has been oppressing any visitors that i have caught doing so I have told to pull their heads in

. Now i feel that if i was batting for your team, we would have a vigilante type of group on the westcoast and there would be no exposure at all.

so if i roll into your town for a surf and you want to tell me to fuck off....then make sure you wanna take it as far as you need to to make your wishes come true....i gaurantee my attitudes wont change when i come your way and i know of a few others around this fine country that wont put up with your shit either....so give it some thought and good luck.

seamonkey's picture
seamonkey's picture
seamonkey Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 5:23pm

Excuse me Mr Schumcker... the Salvo's would like to know if you have any more Fantastic Noodles to donate.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 6:06pm

no mr sea monkey....just redbull and nike gear....no more food spono's....there's a surf contest comn to you soon.

pussyrioters's picture
pussyrioters's picture
pussyrioters Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 10:06pm

Hello JiffIV, I am a pussy by name and nature. Your are very observant.
Great that you managed to get back to me, I'm sorry I took my time responding I've been seriously busy island hoping, surfing, skydiving, name dropping, shooting up and filleting fish b

Let me apologize for my last outburst as it was out of line and after a few too many bush chooks (emu bitter so you know Smacko).
Unicorns aren't real and no need to bring them into this forum, any unicorns affected should log back in.
Now that's all cleared up and no rebuttal on the truth let's move on.
The legends of the Bazza point liked you for a short while (one hour) then flipper the tripper emerged and the Legends agree your mid life melt down is affecting you badly, sorry. Your were angry because you got caught being a tool and called out. Actually I'm not sorry.
Yeah marriage is hard work, I have heard and statistics show that domestic violence affects women negatively and hence they leave, so try to do things differently this time with your new victim.
Stay in SA.
Village idiot as a tag is a compliment for you.

Ahhhhh PEACE.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 8 Oct 2012 at 10:49pm

ho hum pussy....u workn overtime pulln up crap...some of it may have some truth in it tho...this is the parts i know of...if you think you gunna use any of that to tear me dwn to where u are my friend bring it on.... i seriuosly doubt that you would share any of what you are dribbling to any of the people in question as even a unit like yourself knows about the degrees of seperation....you are alone in that lil space where your unicorns are running in the top paddock.

lets see how long you can sling shit before you get a sore arm.......alternatively lets open up the banter like maurice has....least he has the balls to not squeal when his real ID was exposed.......u in?? pusssy nah?yeh?

pussyrioters's picture
pussyrioters's picture
pussyrioters Tuesday, 9 Oct 2012 at 7:19am

Hello JiffIV, I am a pussy by name and nature. Your are very observant.
Great that you managed to get back to me, I'm sorry I took my time responding I've been seriously busy island hoping, surfing, skydiving, name dropping, shooting up and filleting fish b

Let me apologize for my last outburst as it was out of line and after a few too many bush chooks (emu bitter so you know Smacko).
Unicorns aren't real and no need to bring them into this forum, any unicorns affected should log back in.
Now that's all cleared up and no rebuttal on the truth let's move on.
The legends of the Bazza point liked you for a short while (one hour) then flipper the tripper emerged and the Legends agree your mid life melt down is affecting you badly, sorry. Your were angry because you got caught being a tool and called out. Actually I'm not sorry.
Yeah marriage is hard work, I have heard and statistics show that domestic violence affects women negatively and hence they leave, so try to do things differently this time with your new victim.
Stay in SA.
Village idiot as a tag is a compliment for you.

Ahhhhh PEACE.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Tuesday, 9 Oct 2012 at 9:06am

you are a sad sak at times my planet wandering brother...cheer up...i rekn you will run outa steam because the negative energy required to pursue your line of communication WILL end in the hole of weeping and gnashing of teeth.

have a great day though and i mean that!... all of yas!

jonjon's picture
jonjon's picture
jonjon Tuesday, 9 Oct 2012 at 5:09pm

Go Schmucker!!!

Pussyrioters (and swellnet) may wanna check out the law on defamation after that last comment of his. Now that would be a way to reveal his true identity and lose a few bucks in the process...

z-man's picture
z-man's picture
z-man Tuesday, 9 Oct 2012 at 5:37pm

Good topic. I remember back in the day, there was an almost unanimous consensus to lie about where your secret spot is/was. I remember lying and talking too much with indifference on the most part, but it did have something to do with, to whom you/I - was/were talking to. Nowadays I'm surprised ANY secret spots exist. The 'secret' info. (swell dir./tide etc.) remains partially well guarded,
but quickly disappearing on google to anyone with a pair of eyes.
The messenger is to blame? Well? I guess we've all been guilty at one time or another, so I will have to lean towards doing your best to disguise the wave shots so as not to incur the wrath of - ex. K. Abberton or any of his 'close' friend and then show-up and try to blow-up!1!

(kinda like the 1 in between)

jasper99's picture
jasper99's picture
jasper99 Tuesday, 9 Oct 2012 at 10:21pm

Wow-I actually thought that this conversation had ended a while back but seems it's still going along nicely. It's a hot topic I guess,you know who owns what spot and why you can't surf here blah,blah,blah.
Nobody owns these spots and never will,its there for anyone who puts in the hard yards but I agree that respect the surroundings you are using for future generations. I'm not a fan of crowds like any normal human being,but I believe that if we have an attitude of ownership and heavy handed localism then you deny yourself the right to travel to other spots wherever that maybe.You cannot have that attitude on home turf then travel to other locations and expect to be welcomed with open arms,wouldn't that be hypocritical?
The spots that are being talked about are very remote and just think about it-which average Joe is going to want to travel that far to be scared out of their brains not only by the waves,but also the marine life? The upset locals should be the least of their worries....
The people who do go to those spots and act without any common sense,chances are they are morons in every facet of their lives and they will move on soon enough.It would be good if everyone could relax a little and enjoy it for what it is....
And I agree with Z-man...we are all partially to blame,the fact this forum exists is testament to that!

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Wednesday, 10 Oct 2012 at 8:45am

Jaspa....wow its sure good to see your wisdom on here...i'm sure theres a lot that see through the trees to the forest like yourself on these issues....maybe a forum on experiences of these "heavy grumpy locals"seen out and about overseas or different OZ locations like the "bluff"when they are not at home.!! Amazing the different behavioural patterns that take shape while away.....like, can you imagine brutus dancing around the bus carpark at bells yelling at schmuka and then bumping into schmucker at healys door on the track down to pipe?? hmmm totally different behaviours i'm sure.

Imagine pussyrioter paddling the island at streaky and jeff rocks up for a tow coz its out of pussys league on a building swell, no ones watchn so pussy grabs the rope...next winter he's sittn at tombys telln his mates about the biggest pits in south oz he had.

Imagine one of the grumpiest streaky locals at the caroline islands kissn ass?

imagine streakys 2nd grumpiest and 3rd n 4th grumpiest paddling past you time after time at the bluff?

would you have a chuckle when one of the heaviest guys in surfing in OZ paddles up and tunes and sends in one of streaky bays notorious knobs at a break a long way from his home door.

anyways you get the drift....i dont like anyone coming to my joint and being oppressed by sum knob in the surf....so sure come and enjoy and we want you to have an amazing time in our backyard.

everyone that has been part of this debate/banter has defintley been just that....A part of it!!!

PS jonjon...no def suit from me....someone tried to get me for it once and i've learned my lesson on that one....fire away if they want tho...sticks n stones

fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon Wednesday, 10 Oct 2012 at 11:12am

I dont think Swellnet is to blame for the death or unearthing of any "secrets".South Aus has been known as a wave haven for decades nothing new about that.Some people Ive meet in my travels over the years when they find out where your from they already know all the spots nature of the waves but have no interest in checking it out just way to hard easier to go to indo and the like.Talking about exposure what surf vid has spilt the beans the most.I reckon Rubber soul has to be up there.I'm interested in the history of our coast pioneers who first surfed these areas how they found them and tackled the waves what hardships they would of had to endure just to get there.I would find this way more interesting than petty name calling and going on about the same old nonsense.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Wednesday, 10 Oct 2012 at 11:55am

Hi Fraser...longtime no speaky......what can i tell ya? we are still surfing new waves that have never been ridden....the last new wave surfed was a10-15 ft bommy out off granites a cupl weeks ago.....i agree with ya about hearing the old storys...i have sat thru many of them listening to guys like mark archer-bob waldeck-barney tonkinson-snow tomson-tom weaver and many others...fantastic stuff.

I must remind you tho fraser...one of my favorite sayings is "these are the olden days,now"