sheep dog

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg started the topic in Wednesday, 28 May 2014 at 8:53pm
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Tuesday, 9 Sep 2014 at 9:55pm

ohhhh Biscuit Jimmy I'm still cracking up about that one. You've even put pictures of your place up on here. Oh well, it's not your residence anyway at least.

I was casting my eye through the moonless night and any of those dots probably would've been you decades ago. Under the 0369. Ironically, I watched a bay on my lonesome, but my mind's eye couldn't help but cast back into the shadows... what's scarier? knowing the local stories or, knowing that there would be local stories, and letting my imagination create the details of them as I walk back to camp? The Biwal did not visit me in the Pamir Mtns, what quinkan might be lurking???

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Wednesday, 10 Sep 2014 at 4:54am
Sheepdog wrote:

Society, Mitch, is just a template... I'm sure there have been "studies", but at a guess I'd say 90% of people are sheep..... So easily led by so few.... And for the few to "lead", they need to "conspire".... Now not all the conspiring that is/has been done is "bad".... And one mans "bad" is another mans "good".
Convolution...... Paradox...... It can do your head in.....
I used to be sooooo politically driven, but gave up about 8 years ago, towards the end of the Howard regime.....
I think I've said it here once before; "What's the best thing about smacking your head against a brick wall for 20 years?.......... It feels so fuckn good when you stop........ ;)

90% are sheep- lucky we have a sheepdog!
had a very similiar experience after i went to canberra and spent weeks in the upper house and senate and then meeting with all players. Told Bald Oil he would get swallowed up by party machine then used as a scapegoat.
Good mate is computer whiz, i have unknown friends who now log on with me and follow my online movements. I love taking them for magical mystery tour. Not just a theory, but happening, and happening lots, think about it, easy was to get intel on someone. There is no privacy in the webworld.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 10 Sep 2014 at 8:31am
mitchvg wrote:

ohhhh Biscuit Jimmy I'm still cracking up about that one. You've even put pictures of your place up on here. Oh well, it's not your residence anyway at least.

I was casting my eye through the moonless night and any of those dots probably would've been you decades ago. Under the 0369. Ironically, I watched a bay on my lonesome, but my mind's eye couldn't help but cast back into the shadows... what's scarier? knowing the local stories or, knowing that there would be local stories, and letting my imagination create the details of them as I walk back to camp? The Biwal did not visit me in the Pamir Mtns, what quinkan might be lurking???

Gday mitchy boy.. BTW, thanks for the "dog" link.... Very funny :)...... You do realize the "ex" thing was a polite white lie, a joke..... But I wear the dig.... lol... Not a very well thought out post..... I could've wrote "hey rave I don't wanna put my email up here because there are a couple of dead set psychopaths who I have had run ins with here on swellnet, and the last thing I need is shitstains emailing me for a bitchfest.... (I'm sure you remember one run in in the old forecast notes - Ben had to shut it down.... Then there was the dude asking me for my number)...
But hey, as I said, it wasn't a well thought out white lie, so I wear the dig, and rightly so.....
Now, mitch, Psilocybin must not be abused.... It can be fun, but cross the line, and the repercussions can last a lifetime..... :p

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Wednesday, 17 Sep 2014 at 2:18pm

Seabreeze posted a clip of Keahi de Aboitiz kitesurfing on a shorty. He is ripping. There's another vid of him getting into dredging pipes, on a performance sup, at a spot you may as well have checked before "returning to the Coolum Points just in time for the onshore". You ever see him surf? You reckon you'd be a kitesurfer if you had your time up north again? Imagine that on continental shelf edge reefs.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 17 Sep 2014 at 2:44pm

I don't think so, mitch, unless I saw him without realizing it.... There was a bunch of dudes that would regularly wind and kite surf at Coolum, next to Point Perry, though.... Some of them were shit hot..... You'd generally see them around Nov' dec' - though to march, when the n -ne shit wind was funnelling down from you know where lol, and there was a 2 foot+ ne windswell.....

ps could be some fun waves up Torres way next week
http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display.cgi?a=eoz_swell

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Wednesday, 17 Sep 2014 at 3:35pm

So were you ever tempted to start??? I dunno if there was more than 2 overhead days this winter? And do you reckon it'd be a good way to make the most of wind affected waves up nth?

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Wednesday, 17 Sep 2014 at 3:43pm

Was watching some guys kitin' flat water (estuary) last summer, they were kickin tail pop airs & flying easy 40-50-60 ft , inverted. One guy was riding and short board and laying down full speed sling-shot arcs.

Looked awesome fun, beautiful estuary, high tide, howling NEster.

I'm keen. You don't even need waves.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 17 Sep 2014 at 3:57pm

No, mitch.... Grew up in the captain goodvibes "windwanker" era...... You know, kneeboards, boogers, mals are all eggrolls ......
But i'd give it a go now.....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 1 Jul 2015 at 12:22pm

G'day, pin heads.... Been a bit flat out lately.... Removalists arrive tomoz......I'd like to thank the good folk of Tassie for their kindness..... Good people.... "Tell it like it is" people.....

It's been a crazy 5 1/2 years down here.... My best memories won't be the waves, or salamanca, or the food..... The wonderful fresh food...... It'll be coming down and caring for my old man, spending 2 magnificent years with my dear old dad.... I fuckn miss him so much..... R.I.P dad.....
Anyway, I'll wipe the tears away and march on..... It's time..... Time to say goodbye.....
I'll catch you degenerates in a couple of weeks when we're settled in the land of the crow....
Till then, stay safe, you unconventional conventionalists.....

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 1 Jul 2015 at 2:05pm

Sorry to hear the news mate.. thoughts are with ya.

Good luck with the move too SD. 

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 1 Jul 2015 at 4:14pm

Condolensces SD. Must've been tough...

All the best with the move and I look forward to the day you're once again arguing with Freeride over minute atmospheric disturbances in the Coral Sea. 

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 1 Jul 2015 at 4:32pm

all the best sheepy

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Wednesday, 1 Jul 2015 at 4:40pm

Good luck with the move sheepy and if I see an unfamiliar goofy footer surfing around my parts I will say g'day. It may well be the dawg?

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Wednesday, 1 Jul 2015 at 4:54pm

Sorry to hear that news Sheepy. All the best from here on in mate.....

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 1 Jul 2015 at 5:13pm

Sad to hear Sheepy. Hope the move goes well for you. Say g'day to Uppity;)

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Wednesday, 1 Jul 2015 at 6:10pm

Condolences on your dad's passing mate. Stay strong and get in the water soon.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Wednesday, 1 Jul 2015 at 6:16pm

Condolences SD ,
the timing of your move could not have been better on an atmospheric level .
Lets just say as you stand at the waters edge in the next few months , you shall more often than not have the wind at your back as opposed to being blown back away from the cliff top .
But beware though , she shall be a brutally hot summer ...................

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 1 Jul 2015 at 6:27pm

That's so shit Sheepy.

I'm stoked for you that you got to spend time with him before hand.

Best of luck cobber, hope the move West is a good one for you and your lady.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 1 Jul 2015 at 6:43pm

Sheepy condolences.....Blax Chi's Indies

Pull in son ....Enjoy.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Thursday, 2 Jul 2015 at 9:33am

Sheepio, like Blowin has said above awesome to spend quality time with the old boy ,RIP.
Maybe that cyclone in your old sector this time of the year was a sign ol champ.
The move, the journey will be another positive step forward;)

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 2 Jul 2015 at 10:34am

Condolences SD, can't wait to hear, see what you find by spending some time in the area you're heading.

Cylinders85's picture
Cylinders85's picture
Cylinders85 Saturday, 4 Jul 2015 at 7:46am

All the best.