Shut the Schmuck up!

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer started the topic in Thursday, 22 Mar 2012 at 1:31pm

After reading Jeff's comments recently naming previously closely guarded secret spots I remembered hearing the term "Shut the Schmuck up" being whipped out a while back. It's a funny play on words but the fact is he has set in motion a path that will change the surfing experience in South Oz forever. Once breaks such as S..... Island get known about you can't change it back. I have never seen it named until by you recently.

You have also stated your desire to start surfing tours around S.A. So once a few people have done a tour with you what's to stop them from coming down with some mates and undercutting you anyway? Why crowd out our surf breaks Jeff?

As for his attitude to paddle surfers being able to enjoy their sport without being encroached upon by tow surfing in waves from 2ft and up, it seems rather selfish Jeff. What about when there are 10 ski's operating in an area? Or 50? Or 100? How will that work?

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Thursday, 22 Mar 2012 at 5:14pm

big mr yorkessurfer , one thinks that the ability to even run a G.M.R.C comp would be beyond mr schmucker. mates pht what mates. schmuky was probably a very good surfer in his day but resorts to mechanical advantadges now. mr surfer , the one that bothers one is this one , after exaustive , repeated, calls for mr schmucker to answer simple questions ,he has aquieced. so mr surfer, was has to say that mr schmukers ability to see the forest from the trees is lets say blinkerd.

hope ones shedding of light on an otherwise darkend corner of swellnet....um bigwaynes wonderful world has help mr surfer

this was bought to you by a still perplexed by this fellow mr schmucker HRH bigwayne

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Thursday, 22 Mar 2012 at 7:04pm

It is interestin to hear of all this talk from Jeff. The BWWT and charter are hopefully just wet dreams. The charter is going to be hit and miss it is not like the tropics with day after day of trade winds etc.. the weather is a lot more fucked down here. The BWWT is that a paddle event? I got pulled from swellnet for foolishly naming a certain island and I see my idiocy. Once there out alot more crew have waterbikes you jst have to look at yorkes about how it is gettin a bit of out of control.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Thursday, 22 Mar 2012 at 9:25pm

Well boys...here we go....SPILSBY ISLAND located in the gulf spencer in south australia happens to be one of the best waves in the world...and i seriously doubt either 3 of you beautys would be able to get out there ...tow...or paddle this freak of nature. Even some of the locals in port lincoln cant get out there and have to resort to getting a lift with jeff while risking the backlash from the larger locals that only take the lesser men if they have room....

..i like the title of this topic you have posted and i think you have posted it because you are angry at me for exposing SA'S secret surf spots....well hear this your fuzz brained beautys....if you ever make it to spilzby or any other worthy wave in SA just try to get more than your fair share of good ones on the day and see if you make any friends.
I think you will see at least 2 BWWT in australia in the next 5 years if they have the $$......barley why did you name the certain island?? hmmmm....the charter boat?? what charter boat? you have no udea what you are talking about!! big waynker you are not reading the replys as i try to answer your questions if they are relevant.keep it decent...no more "wanna go a cupl rounds little man" please...
yokes surfa...the motion i set in place is if i see you or anyone telln someone to go away from "your" surfspot then i will give it right back to you...it was always hilarious to see a big nugget rock up anywhere and help himself in the surf without such as a whimper from the posse...a lil booger..well thats a different story isnt it?? start surfing tours???? i have been taking surf tours all over oz ever since i started surfn bruz...juz never charged for them until now....had a call for a charter for 20 today, no lie!!!

to finish on i will reiterate that you guys are doing a lot of whingeing and you should get off your arse tomorrow morning and get pen to paper or onto your local MP and start making a difference about the issues you love....it works coz i have been onto the feds and the localmemers this week and i feel i'm doing something about my dilemas which are not surf related by the way...peace boys

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Thursday, 22 Mar 2012 at 9:43pm

I knew it wouldn't be long..actually it was a longer time than I thought for you to reply . You obviously didn't get the message..maybe reread the title

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Thursday, 22 Mar 2012 at 9:58pm

haha...itll take a bit to shut me up on this one youg fella...maybe you should reread my post....i read yours twice
thanx xxx

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Thursday, 22 Mar 2012 at 10:00pm

actually i'm learning to type as the correspondence course im doing is doing my head in so i need all the practice i can get...thanx again

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Thursday, 22 Mar 2012 at 10:13pm

How many beers has jef had tonight..keep this thread going!

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Thursday, 22 Mar 2012 at 10:32pm

no beers and the best you could hope for dwn ther south is a very crowded BLak nouse....west is best my friend...and waves you have never heard of unless u bn on my off ya face!!

barli wheres that wave in your pic?

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 7:38am

haha...cryptic i never was good at but i like ya warming to the harmless jeff smuk!! ava good weekend and watch for the named wotd!! haha

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 7:47am

hey i didnt post VB either just for the record....the shot in ASL of sammy the other week was a beauty and i wasnt there i was at goalen rocks with 3 skis...so nah we dont like goin all to the same spot....plenty options and we are still learning about them....we have discovered and first time surfed around 10 new waves in the last cupl years...the kids are even naming them which is cool...subs...LJ'S ...terry turbo...cavatys....moths peak...vortex..mt palcolm...and on it goes....end of the day boys its not about glory-ego-big note....its about adult children havn fun and discovering shit......i know how my ancestors felt when they started ripping all the scrub down northwest of the streaky caravan park as they forged an innocent life for themselves...my great grandys would be stoked to see their offspring still pineering i rekn...i got 3 kids in uni this year and i'm so excited about the road ahead for them....good morning and hope ya coffee is good!!

blackhawk's picture
blackhawk's picture
blackhawk Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 8:00am

Coffee"s good schmuka and the entertainment makn me smile early today. These guys are into ya with this post but it appears they're up against it. Hope to see ya rolling up and down the coast over the nxt 6 days. aloha

ben-colyer's picture
ben-colyer's picture
ben-colyer Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 3:53pm

Southey, so elequent.

Jeff, I think you got it. If you can take a leaf and misslead us all a little, we'd all apperciate the journey a bit more.
I've been fortunate enough to be on the good side of both Jr & Sr Schmucker despite sporting a 500mm lens while passing through a while ago. It does help going solo in those parts.

as for Barley's avitar, I recon it's about a k from a regular great white dining spot. Never gets above 4", and is the best spot on that coast.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 4:57pm

touche ben...gd work...trouble decihpering it but didnt seem attackn on me...yeeew

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 5:49pm

Well I think we have proved a point here. most people enjoy the west and its secrets because they have spent all their time keeping things secret. This is all this forum stuff has ever been about .. we are making stickers of SHUT THE SCHMUK UP!! if any one wants one..will be good to see them all over the WC!

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 7:18pm

Bump

tripod's picture
tripod's picture
tripod Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 7:36pm

Despite a 500mm lense?Thats the only reason you ever met them dickhead!

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 8:29pm

send me one ...i'll put it nxt to my stiker that says 'paddln's for hippies'

tripod's picture
tripod's picture
tripod Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 8:42pm

towins fa fattys

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 8:42pm

Hey Jeff I am sure you are a top bloke..Love to have a beer with you and that...I am sure you have awesome stories that could write a thousand books.. but man this is not about attacking you personally, from me anyway, it is just about some things are to be kept underground, urban though..making the effort, sacrificing, deserting and gettin' the grits..its not about your ability or knowledge it is about being about to keep secrets, a bit of mystical magic..it may sound like hippie shit but it gives you a fuckn big rush. makes driving 6-8hrs home like you are on a nother planet.. you should get a sticker!! $2.50 alright haha

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 10:38pm

bump

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Saturday, 24 Mar 2012 at 12:33am

hey jeff you wanna chat to me man to man we can talk nothing evil i just want to preserve not expose. I could buy a big fuck off boat and make an arse of myself but in the end whats the point. PM if you want to discuss. Peace

ben-colyer's picture
ben-colyer's picture
ben-colyer Saturday, 24 Mar 2012 at 7:35pm

Hey Tripod. Didn't meet the boys due to the lens, I brought that out later, but feel free to dish insults F##knuckle.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Sunday, 8 Apr 2012 at 8:59am

towins fa fattys

By: "tripod"

hey tripe...when its 20ft and you are dropping dwn a bomb and you are 100kg its not neccesarily a bad thing...how many weetbix do u do??

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Sunday, 8 Apr 2012 at 9:01am

barley?? you surf any of them secret reefs?