ke11y

radbone08's picture
radbone08 started the topic in Wednesday, 2 Nov 2011 at 10:14pm

he just won his 11th! he is one of the best athletes in the world today! but will he continue? he told waves magazine after he won 9 that he thought after 11 he would give it up...

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 3 Nov 2011 at 8:33pm

He isn't going to give it up anytime soon, he doesn't know anything else. Look at his life outside competitive surfing, bit of a disaster.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 3 Nov 2011 at 9:47pm

A disaster?

Looks pretty good to me!

radbone08's picture
radbone08's picture
radbone08 Thursday, 3 Nov 2011 at 11:45pm

apparently when he won 10 world titles quiksilver gave him a very good break, apparently 10 million dollars, very far from disaster!

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 3 Nov 2011 at 11:50pm

He's pretty handy with a golf club too.

brendo's picture
brendo's picture
brendo Friday, 4 Nov 2011 at 1:30am

instead of cash he took another stake in the company (3% or about 22 million bucks), he's hardly short of a dollar, and a wise move to take shares instead, worth a lot more!!

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 4 Nov 2011 at 12:08pm

Ha , have you read his biography, it's a hard read, it was the most boring book I have opened and besides competitive surfing there does not seem to be much to the man. Yes he is the greatest surfer ever and a very rich man, but that is just about it.
Lots of money doesn't equate to happiness.

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Friday, 4 Nov 2011 at 9:28pm

kellys 11th ......not yet.............

foxnaif's picture
foxnaif's picture
foxnaif Friday, 4 Nov 2011 at 10:29pm

it's gonna be an anticlimax when Slater wins his next heat. I reckon whoever he draws oughta just not even go in the water but just stand on the beach and applaud.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Saturday, 5 Nov 2011 at 12:47am

apparently when he won 10 world titles quiksilver gave him a very good break, apparently 10 million dollars, very far from disaster!

By: "radbone08"

Funny how an off hand statement in a surf mag can become fact on the internet.