Praise The Lord?

lom's picture
lom started the topic in Friday, 9 Sep 2011 at 2:55am

Now I'm confused- one guy thanks Jesus because his career is over and another thanks God for allowing him to win his heat!
Those fellas above work in mysterious ways-

Hobgood, a fixture on the elite ASP Dream Tour for more than a decade, needed to defeat Wright in their Round 3 bout to remain on the ASP World Title Series for 2011, but was gracious in defeat regarding the tough loss.
"At the end of it, I don't want to be known as the 2001 World Champion," Hobgood said. "I want to be known as a guy that loved Jesus and loved everyone and had fun and that's it. It's not a sad day for me.

"I can't believe it," Alves said. "I'm so tired right now after surfing three heats and happy too. I beat Joel Parkinson and Mick Fanning. Thanks to God for everything he has given me. I'm looking for my best result, maybe I'll find it here."

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 26 Apr 2019 at 8:24pm

If I recall the context was one of the tortured characters in the book; for his part, Stow was a Buddhist, or at very least strongly influenced by his Grandfather who was.

"Mastery of silence alone is Empire"

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 26 Apr 2019 at 11:47pm

Albert Facey, 'A Fortunate Life'.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 27 Apr 2019 at 3:26am

Poor bugger wasn't all he painted himself as. A different kind of wounded Anzac.

http://journal.media-culture.org.au/index.php/mcjournal/article/view/1132

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 27 Apr 2019 at 5:32pm

I found this post on old mate Iman Tawhidi's facebook page most interesting after reading indod's waleed ally brisbane times link.

To his credit walleed didn't use that rather pathetic, newly constructed phrase 'easter worshippers', showing he's not that big of a wanker, obama on the other hand, dissapointingly, proved he is a bit of a wanker....

Waleed went with this angle - "Crusader-Zionist complex” - to try and distance the attacks. Probably a fair description and point, but I'd say,still indulging in the usual playing around with language, definitions, and intent.

Anyway, from waleed's article....

".. This attack does not emerge organically from the Sri Lankan soil. It relies on ideas imported from a completely different context. It makes sense only once you swallow the globalised discourse begun by Osama bin Laden and adopted by Islamic State, of a global anti-Muslim conspiracy headed by what bin Laden called the “Crusader-Zionist complex”. Indeed, bin Laden’s rhetoric was remarkable for the extent to which it barely ever mentioned Hindus or Buddhists, despite obvious opportunities to do so given the conflicts in Kashmir or southern Thailand.

The phenomenon of global Islamist ideology infiltrating a local environment is not new. Indeed, it has done this everywhere it has gained traction. But typically this works by taking local grievances and casting them in a global light. Bin Laden’s ideological innovation was to insist that Muslims aggrieved by the autocrats who ruled over them should attack America because that was the real source of their power. He drew a direct (if often conspiratorial) line between the oppression his audience felt and the people he wanted to target."

Then I read this on Tawhidi's facebook...

"I was approached in public by a Muslim man - I’d say in his 30s. I walk out of a building, and he yells “Shaikh Tawhidi, can I talk to you?”.

I realize what family he belongs to because his younger brother attended my lessons in 2017. So we shook hands, and he went on to say “where are you?”, well, I’m right here.

“No, you’re hiding”

“As you can see I’m walking in public” (I do have security, but that doesn’t mean I’m hiding).

Anyway, he got to his main question, it seemed to be on his mind for a long time: “So why do you support the Zionist Regime!?”

I said: What Zionist Regime?

He said “The Zionist Regime”

I continued: Where is this regime?

And he said: “Queen Elizabeth, you say you’re loyal to her, and she is part of the Zionist regime”

This was getting fun.

So I said: You’re Australian, your entire family is on welfare, your education and medical care is all free of charge, thanks to the Queen and government, and you are against her?

He yelled “Yes, because she’s the Zionist Regime”

I decided to make it easier for him. I asked him if he knew where the Zionist Regime was, and his answer was: “They’re everywhere. They are the Freemasons.”

I said, Freemasons and Zionist Regimes are two different things.

He interrupted: “You seem to know a lot about Freemasons!”, implying that I am one.

So I informed him that there are books about them in libraries which he can borrow and read.

He said: “No there isn’t. It’s all a secret.”

Again, he’s getting all worked up.

So I informed him that 1. I am not a Freemason, 2. There’s an entire series on Netflix about the Freemasons and there’s nothing secret about what they do.

I brought him back to his first point: Where is the Zionist regime?

He remained clueless.

We wrapped it up and I walked away. But here’s why I’m sharing this. This is not a case limited to this brother. Just about all Muslims think exactly like him. I was like him once upon a time. He is against something which he has no clue about, where it is, or what it’s made of. He clearly thinks Israel and the current Zionist establishment are two seperate things. With the latter involving the Commonwealth and Queen Elizabeth.

Then came his belief that the Freemasons are all zionists. There are Far-left Freemasons that oppose Israel. Freemasons have included Far-Left Labor Prime Ministers, etc. This bloke reflected the very problem with the Muslim mentality today, and proves the urgent need for the liberation of the Muslim mind.

Note: Although he was passionate about his beliefs, he was not rude. I’d be happy to chat again some day. (In case he reads this).

Regards."

I'm not saying or advocating anything in particular, I just find this little exchange, and the associated thinking, quite interesting, especially after waleed's article.

Ignorance, ideology, and dogma is the enemy, whatever quarter it's coming from...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 27 Apr 2019 at 5:40pm

Sounds like an exchange on here. Just substitute "cultural marxism" for "Zionist regime" and "identity politics" for "freemasons".

Huzzah!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 27 Apr 2019 at 5:43pm

Find me the person on here who is against Australia.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 27 Apr 2019 at 6:17pm

" Just about all Muslims think exactly like him."

Still cut and pasting sypkan? Saves thinking I suppose, as including moronic generalisations like this proves.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 27 Apr 2019 at 6:32pm

Says the bloke who said all league players are ugly on the piss.

Hates a generalisation.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 27 Apr 2019 at 6:39pm

League players literally on the piss are real ugly. Bubble, bubble, toil & trouble.

Weirdos.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 27 Apr 2019 at 6:49pm

'How's the serenity!'...I mean hostility!

Well blindboy, as I said, you don't like it when I freestyle....

I dare say he knows a thing or two better than you two do on how muslims think. Especially with your cultural marxism identity politics polluted minds...

Huzzah huzzah hezbollah...

I thought the exchange was interesting. But nah, don't take a muslim iman's word for it, make up your own politically correct bullshit if that eases your inner temsions...

"Ignorance, ideology, and dogma is the enemy, whatever quarter it's coming from..."

Quoting myself now...oh no! I've gone all shattered bossom/talking turkey/factobum...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 27 Apr 2019 at 7:09pm

1.8 billion Muslims spread across dozens of nations, speaking numerous different languages with every level of education ....... but they all think like the person he quoted? Whee hoo down to the bottom of the garden again, no fairies though, this time it was to dig some stinky insulting dog shit whose purpose was to create division. Bury the real message under a few platitudes, put it in a mouth that gives it a trace of credibility and pump it out through social media. So, take your wonderful piece of wisdom down to the local Mosque if you are so sure of it being accurate, I am sure the local Muslim community would like to be told what they think.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 27 Apr 2019 at 7:10pm

Is Tawhidi on Indo's dream team? Might as well chuck you on too Curls for what it's worth.

SFA.

Oh, and Queen Elizabeth. Or KAK. Whatever.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Saturday, 27 Apr 2019 at 7:12pm

Good read sypkan.

"Ignorance, ideology, and dogma is the enemy, whatever quarter it's coming from..."

Since you're talking quarters, I'd like to add 'extremism'.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 27 Apr 2019 at 7:22pm

Hahaha. Yes, like rugby, life is a game of three halves.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 27 Apr 2019 at 8:27pm

"Is Tawhidi on Indo's dream team?"

No, not familiar with him...might have to check his stuff out.

Edit: oh yeah ok this guy?....yeah nah not a hater but not really a fan, i mean the guy has some good things to say, but really the dude is muslim by name only but pretty much ignores the whole koran, so i just find it all a bit weird,

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-23/imam-tawhidi-the-problem-with-the...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 27 Apr 2019 at 8:20pm

BTW. From the other day seeing everyone loves quoting themselves here.

"Chances of at least one of the guys names will be Muhammad (or Mohammad)?

Probably a better chance than Kelly getting another world tittle".

Yep...

"The head of a local extremist group, Mohammed Zahran Hashim, who appeared in the video, was killed at one of the Colombo hotels targeted, the Shangri-La."

BTW interesting read/update love how they do these no BS raids in Sri Lanka/Indo etc

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/27/sri-lanka-20-killed-as-pol...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 27 Apr 2019 at 9:24pm

whatever blindboy

I've said it before, so for the record, I think tawhidi takes things a little too far. He himself is somewhat extreme in his battle against extremism.

But, from my perspective, he just took his lead from trump, in facillitating an abrupt breaking down of some of the extreme political correctness barriers the likes of you have been peddling for way too long.

Interestingly, it was a workmate who put me onto Iman Tawhidi. An Afghani (muslim) refugee who legitimately made it to oz after years in an Iranian refugee camp...believe it or not...

He also worked for NGOs on manus helping refugees ...again...believe it or not...

I don't give a fuck if you do or don't, because it is you who frequents the fairy garden, not myself...and it appears there is absolutely no 'evidence' whatsoever available that will change that..

'extremism' nice addition westofthelake