How to make my girlfriend stand up?

simon329's picture
simon329 started the topic in Thursday, 4 Aug 2011 at 10:55am

She actually has some mad boogyboard skills, can do the spins and rolls.

It just gets embarrasing sometimes, especially when I go surfing with mates and she tags along.

How can I make her change to stand-up?

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Thursday, 4 Aug 2011 at 1:16pm

Hi Brian

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 4 Aug 2011 at 11:20pm

Which one is Brian?

zenzen's picture
zenzen's picture
zenzen Thursday, 4 Aug 2011 at 11:24pm

Mate, you shouldn't be embarassed by your girl surfing with you. If she doesn't want to stand, don't make her - just let her enjoy having fun and hanging out with you. She is staying fit, she is into a bit of adventure and you have a common interest. Screw your mates. I bet everyone of 'em would be happy to have a girl that hits the surf. Plus, girl bodyboarders are cute. Everyone knows that. The same can't be said for their male counterparts.

simon329's picture
simon329's picture
simon329 Friday, 5 Aug 2011 at 12:36am

Hi Brian

By: "spongebob"

Which one is Brian?

By: "zenagain"

If I'd known it would degenerate to bigoted mocking, I wouldn't have posted the picture.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 5 Aug 2011 at 1:14am

How is my comment 'bigoted' Simon?

Mocking? Probably.

However, why would you want to 'make' your girlfriend stand up? Would that make you cooler? Don't you think wanting to make her stand up is in itself bigoted? Are you intolerant of her propensity to lie down and enjoy herself riding waves? Because she chooses to boogie board, why is that a source of embarrassment to you?

Mate, lighten up a little and perhaps get her a funboard or something, see how she goes from there.

And if you're going to post pictures of your chick on the net, expect the best and the worst.

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Friday, 5 Aug 2011 at 1:56am

If we are going to start posting photo's of our babes on here I'll kick it off with this one.
Mrs Spongy & me.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 5 Aug 2011 at 10:54am

She actually has some mad boogyboard skills, can do the spins and rolls.

It just gets embarrasing sometimes, especially when I go surfing with mates and she tags along.

How can I make her change to stand-up?

By: "simon329"

I'd be keener to get her to bend over rather than stand up

zenzen's picture
zenzen's picture
zenzen Friday, 5 Aug 2011 at 11:21pm

Pretty ordinary to give the guy shit about his girlfriend, gents.

You wouldn't do it in person, so why do it here?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 5 Aug 2011 at 11:58pm

zenzen, are you Australian?

If you are, you've already rendered your point moot.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Saturday, 6 Aug 2011 at 1:41am

Pretty ordinary to give the guy shit about his girlfriend, gents.

You wouldn't do it in person, so why do it here?

By: "zenzen"

Chances are that is not his girlfriend, also if she is ,he has already disrespected her by posting her pic on the net.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Saturday, 6 Aug 2011 at 2:53am

Shaun,

By any chance, are you bi-polar ???

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Saturday, 6 Aug 2011 at 4:49am

MMMM Maybe, I'm not sure, could be. Nothing has been diagnosed, but then I never go to the doctor as they are all connected to the government by medicare and I don't want to be micro chipped, cause they can do it now without you even knowing, even if you just sit in the waiting room they can do it. I know cause I read it on the net, you don't feel a thing, they put recording devices and everything in them now.
But the important thing is I am happy and extremely so most of the time, I have seen and met some of normal people in the surf that society wants me to aspire to be like and I don't wish to be like them, I'll make my own rules thank you, but I promise not to break them.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 6 Aug 2011 at 10:55am

What a great photo Spongebob ... I can see why you are a proud man.

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Saturday, 6 Aug 2011 at 1:10pm

Yes Floyd,my little minx was playing hard to get that day!
But look at the house it looks a treat to after the reno dont you think?.Check out the cloths line I put up for Mrs Spongy's birthday & it doubles as a power line for my wireless.
I know,I spoil that women but how can I resist?

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 7 Aug 2011 at 5:36am

Yes spongebob, I had already noted the improvements you had made to the loveshack, you are obviously a fan of all those renovator shows currently clogging our TVs.

I can understand you would think of Mrs Spongy as a minx standing there in without her teeth just flaunting it for all the neighbourhood to see.

You're a lucky man spongebob you can appreciate Mrs Spongy in all her glory, laughter lines and annoying little habits and do so without wanting to change a thing ... something everyman should learn (good).

thelostclimber's picture
thelostclimber's picture
thelostclimber Sunday, 7 Aug 2011 at 10:03am

you need to think whether you actually want her to stand up. its much better for the legs ie shapely if she keeps all to kicking.

personally i am happy for my wife to stay out of the water and give me some peace

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Friday, 12 Aug 2011 at 11:51am

Well it looks like Swellnets Agony Aunts have solved Brian's,oops I mean Simon's little problem.

Time for a love song dedication?

&feature=related

simon329's picture
simon329's picture
simon329 Tuesday, 16 Aug 2011 at 11:24am

Racist taunts aside (wtf does her being asian have to do with it anyway?), Thanks to ZenZen for the constructive advice. I was probably feeling a little insecure and vindictive at the time of writing, but now I accept that this is how she has her fun. Even though I know she is missing out on alot, that's her loss ;)

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 16 Aug 2011 at 11:43am

Simon, I've re-read every post on this thread and nothing strikes me as being racist (or bigoted) but there certainly was a little old fashioned piss-taking for sure.

Kudos to zenzen for going into bat for you.

However, I'm glad that you acknowledged that you were being a little precious. What were you expecting by posting that pic anyway?

And for the record mate, my wife is Japanese. Lucky for me she has big tits, bad eyesight and low self esteem 'eh?

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Tuesday, 16 Aug 2011 at 11:50pm

Was she asian?I didnt notice.Having a Japanese daughter inlaw is making me blind to such things.
But thanks for pointing that out Brian,I mean Simon.
But WTF does her being asian have to do with it anyway?

Advice?
Stop licking yourself all over & you wont give yourself fur balls.

whaaaat's picture
whaaaat's picture
whaaaat Wednesday, 17 Aug 2011 at 12:37am

Laugh!??! Nearly wet meself! Some all-time banter here, chaps. Many thanks for brightening up an otherwise gloomy morning.

As for the original question: I've found that promising (threatening?)to lay down beside her and do wondrous things with my tongue and other extremities always makes my girl stand up. And, mostly, walk out of the room.

Always happy to help.

simon329's picture
simon329's picture
simon329 Thursday, 18 Aug 2011 at 11:11am

Hi Brian

By: "spongebob"

Which one is Brian?

are you Australian?

Simon, I've re-read every post on this thread and nothing strikes me as being racist ...

Zenagain, or should I say Zenaphobe? BRIAN is a well known euphemism for ASIAN. Type BRIAN (27486) into an sms and the auto-text will spell ASIAN.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 18 Aug 2011 at 11:41am

Well Spongy, simple simon has caught you out, now we know why you are always laying the boots into Asians, I mean Brian.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 18 Aug 2011 at 12:20pm

Hi Simon, your mobile phone must be different to mine. I typed in 74666329 for simon329 and the predictive text came up 'bonehead'. Go figure?

Re-read my post sausage. I live in ASIA. My wife is JAPANESE.

I've been to China a couple of times, Korea, Thailand, Laos, Singapore. I will be in Taiwan next month. Hated every minute of it, no doubt Taiwan will suck too.

As a footnote, everyone should have their own Asian. They don't come cheap though, but worth the coin if you can get a good one.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 18 Aug 2011 at 12:30pm

By the way Simon, those countries mentioned above, just to enlighten you, are in ASIA.

They are home to millions of Brians.

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Thursday, 18 Aug 2011 at 12:47pm

Well,well Simone nice fur ball.Who said you never learn anything hanging around surf forums.
Now I wouldnt doubt the authority of that fount of knowlage that is the sms auto text.
But I would like to direct you towards the humble Wikipedia.

(Quote)The surname Brian can also sometimes be a French surname; derived from the Old Occitan word brian, meaning "maggot" and used as a nickname.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian

Now if you will excuse me I have some Jack boots to polish.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 18 Aug 2011 at 7:14pm

Simon, do you text Bongo for all your information?

i-u-brawn's picture
i-u-brawn's picture
i-u-brawn Thursday, 1 Sep 2011 at 2:27am

Bodyboard or not, do us all a favour and never let your BRIAN woman drive a car.

z-man's picture
z-man's picture
z-man Saturday, 3 Sep 2011 at 4:05am

As soon as she stands up your mates will rag on her cutback.

Be glad for what you have.

non-local's picture
non-local's picture
non-local Sunday, 4 Sep 2011 at 8:52am

The best way to make her standup is to run her over with your board in the surf and when she is spitting out teeth you could explain to her that if she was on her feet she would only have bruised shins, works everytime!

giuseppeisonhawksalvatoreo-o-hana-hannah's picture
giuseppeisonhaw... Friday, 23 Sep 2011 at 5:20pm

she's obviously getting up to her knees & fallng everytime from that stance, tell her she gott have that pop add right to her feet maybe & start falling standing surfng, she'll do fine

ben-colyer's picture
ben-colyer's picture
ben-colyer Monday, 26 Sep 2011 at 4:34am

someone should have pointed this out to you from the start.

You cannot MAKE a girl do anything!

Be greatful that she's into what you're into.

giuseppeisonhaw... Monday, 3 Oct 2011 at 4:37am

right-o yeah, my bad only my 3rd post i forgot

someone should have pointed this out to you from the start.

You cannot MAKE a girl do anything!

Be greatful that she's into what you're into.

By: "ben-colyer"

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Monday, 3 Oct 2011 at 11:04am

well well well , my loyal subjects its yours truly and may one add that it is good to be back an d seeing that every thing has changed , yet some how it seems the same? a wise man with funny hair once asked , why is it so? well wise man its so cause my loyal subjects have been gittin on just fine , it seems one will have to intervine just cause one has that one thing, that one, has always shown ones accute awareness of oneness!

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 3 Oct 2011 at 11:27am

well well well , my loyal subjects its yours truly and may one add that it is good to be back an d seeing that every thing has changed , yet some how it seems the same? a wise man with funny hair once asked , why is it so? well wise man its so cause my loyal subjects have been gittin on just fine , it seems one will have to intervine just cause one has that one thing, that one, has always shown ones accute awareness of oneness!

By: "bigwayne"

Don't feed the Monkey, just look away and he might leave.