thieving SCUMbags on Sunshine Coast

more's picture
more started the topic in Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011 at 5:58am

Yestarday I had my car stolen from Alexandra Headland, it was a charcoal grey( almost black ) commodore wagon, 2001 VX with large MORE Surfboards sticker on back windscreen. It was stolen between 9.15 and 10.15 am. They must have watched me stash my keys inside my towel down on the rocks at bottom of headland ( so they are in my sigh range, about 50-80 mtrs from where we are in the water ).. In the car was hundreds of CD's and a large plastic tub of my fins, probably 40-50 sets of different, weird and wonderful fins I have collected for along time, so if anyone sees of hears of anything please let me know. The car stands out as its still got yellow plates and the back sticker is also yellow and white so it isnt just another commodore. Alot of the fins are one offs or definitely not common so who knows what they'll do with them but they may be stupid enough to sell them on the net ....My wife had 2 new pair of shoes in the front seat, cost us $150 each, barely worn and were only still in the car after a Goldy weekend trip, same as my fins, not usually in there...anyway, I'll post a pic of the car and fins later, its off to the pawn shops, cops shop and the bank to try and get some money out , yes, they took my wallet, cards, watch, phone, my sons school bag full of his schoool books and his school uniform and shoes.....One really farked day and it never ceases to amaze me how many SCUMbags are on this planet planet

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011 at 6:25am

Good luck getting your gear back mate.

I have a secret fantasy of catching one of these fuckers in the act of stealing my stuff. It scares me what I would do to them.

Years ago, Kawana, car broken into, shoes, wettie, brand new 6'3" and mates 6'2" gone.

Tracked the 6'2" myself to a pawn shop in Brissie. They managed to get the guy but impotent cops couldn't do anything because he said he 'found it'. So, drug addled prick walks free no doubt with the proceeds of my stuff too.

I feel for you more. I have a deep love of humanity but I reserve a special pool of hatred just for theives.

Take care man.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011 at 6:29am

Sorry to hear Mark, that's terrible news.

more's picture
more's picture
more Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011 at 7:00am

it definitely stirs up some anger and I would love to catch em but it is unlikely but ya just never know...alot of people know about it and stranger things have happened....

vlad's picture
vlad's picture
vlad Thursday, 14 Jul 2011 at 10:10am

Yup some real fukctards lurking round maroochy area.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 14 Jul 2011 at 12:33pm

I just got home from a business trip up there, I have to visit a few pawn shops down here , if I see any thing I'll let you know.

MarkPridmore's picture
MarkPridmore's picture
MarkPridmore Thursday, 14 Jul 2011 at 11:35pm

thanks...have been pleasantly surprised by so many offers of help and even money and cars to borrow, seems there's alot of good people out there....as well as total scumbags...
he tried to steal another car yesterday, exactly same way and same place, this time he chose an off-duty policemans personal car...he got spooked and only stole money and cd's, he may have seen police ID in the wallet, the car has been finger printed and they are really trying to get him now....looking more and MORE likely that this pus bucket piss of shit may get what he deserves ( or at least caught )....will keep ya posted, fingers crossed...

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 14 Jul 2011 at 11:51pm

I hope your lucky enough to get some, if not all your gear back Mark. And it would also be good to see the perpetrator get delt with appropriatly. I don't hold much hope with our justice system though, the crooks know how to work it too well.

I would be interested to see how they would react to having things they work hard for taken off them.

thelostclimber's picture
thelostclimber's picture
thelostclimber Friday, 15 Jul 2011 at 7:14am

surfers are such easy targets. We have the same problem here every summer holidays. If you are seen walking away from the car with a board, its pretty well guarantee, they will have an hour to do what they want.

I had a mate from from South Africa, who after 3 broken windows, ended up just leaving a few dollars in change and the window unwound. Much cheaper than replacing the glass.

I know its too late, but in case anyone doesnt realise
Dont leave any valuables in the car,
keep your key on you, most boardies wetties have a pocket for this. Must be some way to do this with electronic keys
Lastly, if you can get your dog to guard your stuff. Works better than anything else

If the thief is stupid enough to keep targeting the same area, then he is bound to get caught pretty soon. He better hope its a cop that does the nabbing as if I caught someone in my car, there would be more than words going down.

more's picture
more's picture
more Friday, 15 Jul 2011 at 11:30am

found the car...a mate of my sister spotted it in back street not far from where it was pinched...stoked to get it back and got my fin box too...cops have taken prints from the car so here's hoping they get this toolbag...I lost my wallet, and my missus flashy new shoes but not too bad considering really...Coppers are really keen to get him after this idiot ripped off an off duty coppers car yesterday....a lesson learnt by me and plenty of others around here too, and might have even made a few of you guys out there think twice about what ya do with ya keys....anyway, hope this shit doesnt happen to many others coz it stresses the whole family out and just makes ya feel really shit and angry...now to keep me ears open and see if I hear a name so I can introduce myself properly one day...

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 15 Jul 2011 at 11:57am

Stoked mate, that's good news you got it back. And the fins too!

seethesea's picture
seethesea's picture
seethesea Saturday, 16 Jul 2011 at 6:48am

Sorry to state the obvious here.

People stash keys mostly these days because of electric keys.

For a Commodore for example you can get a key cut for about $15 that just opens the doors. Scumbags watch our carparks, as someone said above what an easy target, hide your keys in the sand and disappear for a couple of hours........

For all the drama getting broken into creates its worth making your car too hard.

The other thing with Commodores is they have a deadlock on the doors. If you lock it and then turn the key all of the way to the left it deadlocks the doors completely. Even if you break a window you still have to climb through broken glass to find stuff.

If I am being extremely paranoid I even hide my phone, wallet etc in different spots.

Don't let yourself be a target.

poncholarpez's picture
poncholarpez's picture
poncholarpez Saturday, 16 Jul 2011 at 10:33am

Man, been in this position a few times before. Absolutely loathe fucwits that cant get off their ass to support their drug addictions! Instead taking to our stuff. The reason they dont understand what its like to have your hard earned stuff taken from you is because, 1) they havnt earned anything and 2) They dont own anything of value!

You even need to be careful what you flash around at the beach. I've heard of a local photog getting stalked by some loser who followed him home, saw where he parked his car, in a garage, on his property, then when the guy went to bed, said loser broke into his car and took a whole Pelican case worth of gear. About 5-10K worth of stuff. I dont think he's had any luck getting it back either.

If I ever caught one of these diks... So help me god!

bookster's picture
bookster's picture
bookster Sunday, 17 Jul 2011 at 2:41am

the electronic keys don't help, I know when I take mrs booksters car I have to do the take the towel down the beach thing.... gotta get a second key cut or get a waterproof pouch. I had my car pinched years ago at d-bah, did the hide the key in the wheel arch thing... still amazes me people do this.

rosso's picture
rosso's picture
rosso Sunday, 17 Jul 2011 at 9:01am

As a couple of people have said, get a standard old fashioned metal key cut. It won't start the car but will open the doors. Stash your proper key inside the car somewhere.

Of course this won't stop some wanker smashing your window.

poncholarpez's picture
poncholarpez's picture
poncholarpez Sunday, 17 Jul 2011 at 12:41pm

I hate it when the bastards cut themselves on your window and bleed all over the inside of your car too.

z-man's picture
z-man's picture
z-man Sunday, 17 Jul 2011 at 11:27pm

Post a look-out at the beach and video tape him in action. These morons aren't hard to catch if surfers unite.
Cops can't be everywhere but surfers could easily guard their own.

livetosurf's picture
livetosurf's picture
livetosurf Friday, 22 Jul 2011 at 5:13am

great you got your stuff back..!! I always take a small backpack to the beach and leave my keys in there, then cover it with a brite coloured towel - this way I can always keep an eye on it from the lineup. Still see heaps of guys putting their keys under the wheel rim or other spots but is just way to dodgey these dayz, so many people scoping..

more's picture
more's picture
more Friday, 22 Jul 2011 at 5:21am

yep, stoked ....I used to do similar but just wrap my keys up in my towel but the piece of shit was watching me and then grabbed the keys and took the car...I stonly suggest surfers dont leave keys on the beach at all, I have a small key cut to fit in my leggie and lock up my keys with beeper inside the car, so if they want to nick it, they'll have to smash a window, that can happen but not much I can do about that one....the keys on the axle or rims are not good and its only a matter of time I reckon...the whole process was farked and I have learnt a lesson I guess....the SurfLocks seem pretty good too

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 25 Jul 2011 at 2:07am

Mark, I was reading the news this morning and saw that they arrested a 17 year old, one man crime spree, resposible for dozens of beach thefts between Maroochy and Mooloolaba.

He was charged with over 40 counts of theft, goods in custody, receiving stolen goods and breaching bail conditions.

Could this be your scumbag?

Sadly, in the eyes of a kindly magistrate, I'm sure he won't receive the justice he so sorely deserves.

However, fingers crossed you might get some of your gear back. Good luck.

MarkPridmore's picture
MarkPridmore's picture
MarkPridmore Monday, 25 Jul 2011 at 5:43am

yeah, that'd be him mate...I know what ya mean about not getting what he deserves but he'll get his eventually, somehow, somewhere, someone...Karma will catch up to him...over 40 charges..wow, what a serious scumbag this loser is...I think it all changed for him when he picked an off duty coppers' car...there's a bit of that karma starting to do its work already perhaps...tthanks for lettin me know

gregsurf25's picture
gregsurf25's picture
gregsurf25 Monday, 25 Jul 2011 at 8:18pm

the plain non-electronic key idea is the best way to go. Just thought i'd give everyone a heads up with them though. what ever you do, DON'T try and start a modern vehicle with an immobiliser with that key, some car immobilisers will lock you out from being able to start the vehicle for up to 24 hours, which is quite in-convenient if you are ages away from a car dealership.

curly2alex's picture
curly2alex's picture
curly2alex Tuesday, 26 Jul 2011 at 3:37am

You might want to rethink the idea of getting a blank cut to to take in the surf. If you leave your keys in the car and someone gets in and steals it then you will have a problem with insurance for "unsecured theft"! The only option is a "surf lock" or similar device.

z-man's picture
z-man's picture
z-man Tuesday, 26 Jul 2011 at 11:35pm

@curly2

could you post details about a "surf lock" - Thanks!

curly2alex's picture
curly2alex's picture
curly2alex Wednesday, 27 Jul 2011 at 7:48am

you could just google it !
www.surflock.com.au

sezzasurf's picture
sezzasurf's picture
sezzasurf Thursday, 28 Jul 2011 at 9:30am

I live in Cooly and still watch people hide keys under their car, people get cars stolen all the time here! The Surf Lock is the best invention ever if you have an electronic key or not, they've been around for about 4 yrs I think, massively popular here. About $60 - 70 bucks though but well worth it and they last forever (just keep them away from wet wetties!). I hate those theiving C***S!

lukerips's picture
lukerips's picture
lukerips Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011 at 11:27pm

Thieves know there are no consequences to their actions, at worst they may get a months worth of free accommodation and meals, 70% of convicts have no fear of jail at all. We only have ourselves to blame, westerners have worked very hard to create a lazy culture we have no(political)passion, we see bad things happen and just bitch about it to our close circle, which is how the politicians like us to behave it makes their job easier. So continue to winge to your poor friends and let your mrs tell you she will make all your decisions for you, and we will continue moving backwards(even though most of us are foolish enough to think we are moving forwards).

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 15 Dec 2011 at 5:12am

Bunnings has what you need Mark. I've had one of the wall mounted key safes bolted (tamper roof) on the rear bumper of my Maverick for 3 years now. quick and easy to use. the others r just as quick to throw your key in and clamp on your tow hitch etc.

http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_category_padlocks_1226.aspx?filter=c...