Out of date surf reports

dobsy's picture
dobsy started the topic in Tuesday, 22 Mar 2011 at 12:05am

Checked the noosa surf report this morning, the rating was 1/10 so I gave it a miss and went to work. Turns out the report is out of date and hasn't been updated since sunday.

In fact the conditions this morning are 8/10 and "PUMPING!!!" according to the maroochydore report where the reporter actually bothered to get out of bed and check. Thanks swellnet.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 22 Mar 2011 at 12:19am

Apologies dobsy. Our Noosa reporter (Phil Jarratt)'s taken a few days off post-Noosa-Festival-Of-Surfing, and our monitoring system for out-of-date reports didn't pick up on it.

In any case, it also goes to show you should always check the use-by date on any consumer goods before consumption.

manlyisgay's picture
manlyisgay's picture
manlyisgay Tuesday, 22 Mar 2011 at 2:59am

Dobsy, if you solely rely on internet surf reports for planning your sesh's, you're an idiot. Take some responsibility yourself ffs! Are you that lazy?

manlyisgay's picture
manlyisgay's picture
manlyisgay Tuesday, 22 Mar 2011 at 3:04am

Actually, keep doing it. More waves for me.

dobsy's picture
dobsy's picture
dobsy Tuesday, 22 Mar 2011 at 3:05am

Dobsy, if you solely rely on internet surf reports for planning your sesh's, you're an idiot. Take some responsibility yourself ffs! Are you that lazy?

By: "manlyisgay"

Maybe you've never tried to do a quick park and check at noosa, impossible. Sometimes i send the missus but then I have to sacrifice breakfast

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Tuesday, 22 Mar 2011 at 7:38pm

Typical of kids today, it was swellnets fault you missed out on pumping surf, not because your dumb and lazy?

MarkPridmore's picture
MarkPridmore's picture
MarkPridmore Tuesday, 22 Mar 2011 at 9:01pm

and dont always trust that Maroochy reprter, he is dodgy......

benski's picture
benski's picture
benski Tuesday, 22 Mar 2011 at 9:42pm

So swellnet has a specific "monitoring system for out-of-date reports" eh?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 22 Mar 2011 at 9:45pm

^^^Yeah, well, that's me and Craig.

But 'monitoring system for out-of-date reports' sounds more impressive.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 22 Mar 2011 at 10:27pm

Actually Benski, we do have internal monitoring systems in our database but we're still fine-tuning them. Same for our surfcams too. Both should be operational in the next few weeks.

benski's picture
benski's picture
benski Wednesday, 23 Mar 2011 at 12:06am

You better sort it out soon man. I can't be missing surfs because of out of date reports. I mean, you know, I pay you a shitload of money for this info.

gees.

thelostclimber's picture
thelostclimber's picture
thelostclimber Wednesday, 23 Mar 2011 at 9:20am

Dobsy - maybe you should pay attention to the local weather conditions a bit more. Checking swellnet is not the same as checking outside.

Nobody else to blame but yourself.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Sunday, 3 Apr 2011 at 8:37pm

I've got a bit of a bitch about these surf reports me self, how about the blokes who do them, get up a bit earlier, here it is 5.30am and no surf report posted as yet, how am I going to get the jump on everyone else if I don't know where to go. oh yeah, I live in Vicco some where, I'm not quite sure at the moment but some nice people are making enquiries on my behalf , but so far no one will own up to knowing me. So anyone one who is missing a grumpy old fart from there family here I am. I'm not holding my hopes up too high though as the police have told me my situation is very common these days, the family takes the old fart on a surf trip a couple of hundred k's up the coast, paddles out with him for a surf and then promptly disappear, leaving the old man alone and disoriented in the car park when he paddles in. Any way back on the subject, it's been light for ten minutes now and still no surf report, pull your finger out please!