Baron Bartholomew and Lord Lynch

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at 10:15am

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/prince-georg...

Lord Lynch and Baron Bartholomew have attended court and been received by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge for the purposes of swearing fealty to Prince George and to tender their services in training the heir in the royal and ancient art of surfboard riding. Velvet board shorts and a bejewelled leg rope were offered as tokens of their loyalty to our British overlords. Rumours of revenge for this traitorous behaviour spread rapidly through the kingdom and republican forces have been reliably reported to marshalling their strength for a siege of the castles of Pittwater and Coologatta.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at 10:17am

I would have guessed Barton for a monarchist but Rabbit? That's a surprise.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at 10:27am

Really???!!!! Wasn't Barton a punk rocker anarchist? "Sir Rabbit" has a nice ring to it ;)

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at 10:30am

Barton a punk rocker? I can't believe it! I always thought he was your typical Liberal voting aspirational type. I just can't imagine him pogoing and spitting on the punters!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at 10:36am

Dame Layne Beachley.....m'lady.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at 10:51am

Barton Lynch quotes -1991
"I'm pretty much an anarchist, anyway. I don't believe in government. We have far, far too much of it already."

"Government is in business just to create more and more rules so it has more and more reason to exist."

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at 10:53am

Sounds more right wing libertarian than anarchist to me.....you know " get out of our way while we make money". It could be a straight quote from the US tea party.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at 11:11am

Better dig up some old interviews of BL, BB...... It was a well known fact that BL was a little mosman new wave punk. It was even used in his early promos... Sw photo annual comes to mind.....

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at 11:40am

Fair enough sheepdog, I' m happy to have him labelled as a "Mosman new wave punk" .

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at 2:35pm

I think mosman circa early 80s was a bit different to now...... Byron, Lennox, Noosa was a bit different too..... Coulda bough a beachside house for 40k........ Now its a million+.....

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at 2:58pm

It's more the association of new wave and punk sheepdog. The punks loathed new wave.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at 3:32pm

Hmmm...Dunno about that... "New wave" is/was actually an "unbrella" term for several different genres in the late 70/ early 80s, and it's not to be confused with the "new romantic" movement of the early 80s, ...... The cure, Boomtown rats, joy division, Ian Dury, the specials, Selector, were new wave stuff that "punks" used to "chill to" when not gnawing on dogs bones and drinking brake fluid... ;) Alot of English new wave stuff actually had a fusion of punk and reggae..... And can you believe at one stage The ramones were labelled "new wave" by the music industry..... Yes.... Incredible....
Bottomline though, Barton aint no monarchist lol

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at 4:02pm

" We are not a punk rock band, we are a new wave band ." - Jello Biafra

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at 4:04pm
Blowin wrote:

Reference to "The Knack" - my sharona..... Met Jello at Adelaide uni..... Cool guy.....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at 4:13pm

Don't know how credible a witness he was regarding the specific demarcations of the sub genres of music, he was , after all, Too Drunk To Fuck.

How was the gig Sheepdog.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at 4:45pm

So if Barton is not a monarchist what is he doing bowing and curtsying to the royal family? And offering some of the wealthiest people in the world free surfing lessons, what's that about?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 18 Apr 2014 at 9:37am

Blindboy ..... Dunno, BB..... Maybe you are right... Maybe he's done a "Peter Garret".... It would be interesting to ask him, actually.
ps- Quentin Bryce supports a republic then accepts dame title..... Figure that one out.... lol

Blowin, A "spoken word" gig.... FANTASTIC!!!!!!! Even got to ask him questions after the speech!!!!!!

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 18 Apr 2014 at 1:19pm
Blowin wrote:

Used to listen to Jello Biafra snowboarding in the trees with the head phones on, thru a cassette player in BC, Blowin.

Is being a nihilist.... a bad thing....????? ie against government conformity and religion.....?

petermitchell's picture
petermitchell's picture
petermitchell Sunday, 4 May 2014 at 2:07pm

I am bewildered by all this ...this is not the BL I knew growing up...he has clearly lost his marbles. Yes BL called himself an anarchist...and the surf media made a bit of a thing about him being a 'thinking man' Actually he was as thick as 2 short planks...we all were. But in those days everyone labelled themselves something...no one else came up with anarchist, so the journos checked their dictionaries (as you did back in those days) and branded BL a genius. I will say this though...he was, and still is a great bloke, very shy, and modest. Rabbit on the other hand...my hero growing up...is off his gourd...clearly :(M

trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet Sunday, 4 May 2014 at 9:23pm
Sheepdog wrote:

ps- Quentin Bryce supports a republic then accepts dame title..... Figure that one out.... lol

Sheepdog, I don't want to take this OT, so here is an article that dissects QB's position on accepting the title.

http://www.independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/the-revival-of-imperial-honours--abbotts-machiavellian-wedge,6314

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 5 May 2014 at 9:10am

Tripper, cheers... yep, classic wedge politics.... BTW, I wish shorten would fall on his sword....Too much baggage....... I don't know why, but Tony Bourke is always the first that comes to my mind re' opposition leader.......