Can we abolish surf competitions from weekends and move them to mondays - like it's not crowded enough already.

ricco's picture
ricco started the topic in Tuesday, 4 Jan 2011 at 3:18am

That's it really

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 4 Jan 2011 at 3:45am

Hey ricco! Don't crowd my Monday session.

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Thursday, 6 Jan 2011 at 9:56pm

ricco have you been surfing long? Do you know that most of the comps are held over three days in some cases four? nearly all competative surfers have to work and having midweek comps is not viable for most of us i surf in seven to ten comps every year (not including my local boardriders,monthly)when was the last time you surfed a one day comp?(other than your local boardriders?) oh and yes i ride longboards no real"shortboards" for 100kg+ sixfootsix surfers

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 6 Jan 2011 at 11:54pm

oh and yes i ride longboards no real"shortboards" for 100kg+ sixfootsix surfers

By: "bigwayne"

If that is meant to mean a guy your size can't get a good shortboard shaped for themselves, then you should go and find yourself a good shaper, Thers heaps of guys as big as you and bigger riding modern shotboards. If you want to ride a longboard go for it, but why make lame excuses for it.

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Friday, 7 Jan 2011 at 4:16am

im sorry shaun i thought that this was about comps on mondays not my lame excuse that i ride logs im lucky enough to not have to pay for my boards anymore but i digress the cost im sure is a major factor in buying boards. comps on weekdays is what we are talking aboutyes? i can see that you dont or cant surf in any. any views on that topic?

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 7 Jan 2011 at 5:12am

Actually in some ways I think competition surfing is really quite lame compared with competing for waves at many free surfing spots around the country, it can get very intense when the wave is heavy and you've got a dozen guys jockeying for position.I reckon its a bit more competitive than four guys paddling out around a buoy for priority. I don't expect you would understand any of this wayne as you surf for totally different reasons to me, you want to get the best wave to beat the other guy in your heat , beat your chest and brag about being a sponsored surfer. I want the best wave cause I just love surfing and I cant get enough of it, the ocean is enough of a buzz for me. I commented on what you said about modern short board because I thought it was strange and had nothing to do with the thread. And as far as comps go the last comp I went in was because it was 10 foot and I got to surf a world class wave with 4 guys out for 1/2 an hour, as apposed to competing with the normal 50 guys. Hows this one , you tell me which is the most competitive of these two situation, better yet lets have a poll.(A) A 4 man heat at Jakes at Kalbarrie W.A. or (B)Any 4 to 6 ft August morning between 9 and 10 am.
Oh yeah, keep contests on weekends as I work weekends to avoid people like wayne.

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Friday, 7 Jan 2011 at 11:19am

once again shaun it has become about you ifeel sad for you that you need to belittle me in some way i belive that the best surfer is the guy having the most fun! so lets have some fun all round you said it your self mate all spots are for freesurfing and i get my share of waves but ease up on the heavy inferece that you are somehow better than i cause you choose to not take your surfing to the next level mate the thread as you call it does seem to get tangled hey MATE you have posted nothing but a rant twice where is your thread?

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 7 Jan 2011 at 9:36pm

Well you know Wayne if it's not about me it's about you. Sorry if you think I'm putting you down, I don't think I'm better than you at all, I just don't really under stand how you get pleasure from competing against one person and have another person decide who is the better, I just don't understand the mentality, the same as I don't get petrol heads, but that's there passion and love for a inanimate object does not make them lesser. As I stated I did not expect you to understand my point of view, as in your world surfers have to be judged, as there has to be a best surfer, even if he gets awarded this mantle for having fun.There is no best in the line up where I surf mostly. Personally I don't think surfing is a good sport for competition, I would say it's on par with rock climbing as a sport(do they have competition for that).I reckon surf contests are are good for kid's and that's it. Also as far as me not choosing to take it up to the next level, I think you missed my point completely. That whole rant was about how just getting a wave anywhere in Australia today is way more competitive than paddling out with 4 guys in a heat. As for getting off thread, well that how general conversations go the lead to other topics, I didn't realize I was breaking the rules.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 7 Jan 2011 at 10:32pm

To answer the Original Poster: Probably not.

But it's time that rec surfers (those who surf for reasons other than competition) got a fair suck on the sauce bottle and competitions were more limited.

Surf spots are a limited resource and to appropriate (and fence off) that public resource for a few is becoming more and more untenable.

Guess that's where old Baldy's wave pools will come into their own.

Those who feel the need to be judged can do it in a wave pool and not bother rec surfers.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 7 Jan 2011 at 11:27pm

Those who feel the need to be judged can do it in a wave pool and not bother rec surfers.

By: "freeride76"

That's a great idea, it would be a level playing field(every wave the same). An arena could be built around it so it could be a true spectator sport and it wold not infringe on any natural environment.It would be like taking drag racing off the streets, better for everyone.

sunny's picture
sunny's picture
sunny Saturday, 8 Jan 2011 at 2:00am

I did comp surfing for years. I was fun as a grom and kept us off the streets and out of trouble for years. The weekend were always something to look forward to as you may travel a bit and get to meet heaps of other groms all trying to better there surfing. Comps are great for the grommets and local boardriders are always a good social slash.
Comps on weekends are OK by me, as it gives the young ones a sence of belonging to a tribe just like a footyclub or cricket club.
Most older surfers have a car and can easily go and find another wave somewhere anyway.

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Saturday, 8 Jan 2011 at 5:54am

i freesurf more than comp surf shaun and why you want to share waves with a whole heap of guys read egos find a nice little bank or point and go there. your points are not that hard to understand mate you just seem closed to anybody elses asfor baldys wave pool i think it would be great for the top44 or42 or whatever

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Sunday, 9 Jan 2011 at 4:27am

i think it would be great for the top44 or42 or whatever

Well Wayne I can't argue with you cause you aren't listening to anyone, it's going right over the top of you. You don't even get what the threads about. I don't think anyone cares to much about the top 44 , the circus comes to town , they entertain for a week and there off to the next state or country. It's the endless amount of lower level contests that are being held week after week.Think about poor old Joe lunchbox, he's been working all week took the kids to net ball on Saturday morning and thought he'd duck down for a quick one before he has to be home cause the missus is working. But damn it the disable aboriginal woman's surf association are having there bi monthly contest again. oh well back home for him , he hasn't got time to go anywhere else. Last week it was a Mal comp. Poor bugger hasn't been able to surf his local beach for a few weeks now.......................So you see most people would prefer the Mal contest at the wave pool and give the beaches back to the people.

ricco's picture
ricco's picture
ricco Sunday, 9 Jan 2011 at 10:23am

If there were endless peaks in Sydney I wouldn't mind at all - no different to any other sport really. But how often have you turned up to Curly or Manly or something like that with the best peaks divvied out to the swimmers and the local comp.

So at Curly that means one for the swimmers, one for the rec surfers and one for SDS Warriewood v Surfection Eastgardens - with at least 100m each side. If theres more than 3 peaks at Curly then its once in a generation sort of stuff anyway.

Maybe if I was better I'd start competing myself so I could soak up the best waves. But I really don't care for watching them unless there's pros involved. No interest in how they work either.

We should send the comps to Bondi - they deserve them. Or that river in Munich.

Anyway you get the jist, not enough to go around.

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Monday, 10 Jan 2011 at 8:06pm

some might say that "joe lunchbox" has got his priorities wrong look after your grommets and watch them play their sport then take them to maccas or whatever leave the waves alone and come back laterdown the track. i am personally involved in adsa here on the north coast of nsw and the happiness and humility that comes from it is worth bottling i have only surfed on sydney beaches in comps so i have no idea about bad things can get there but understand riccos point. hows the paddle fitness after two or more weeks out of the water not to good i suspect so really not going to get too many decent waves anyway

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 10 Jan 2011 at 9:47pm

Unfortunately Joe missed his window of opportunity as he does have his priority's right, working hard looking after his family. Wayne you still can't see past your own little bubble, why should just a hand full of people have the right to take over a beach for 10 hours in a day when 10 times the amount of people want to use the beach over the course of the day.

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Thursday, 13 Jan 2011 at 9:02pm

shaun this the last time i am going to indulge you this is becoming redundant now same can be said for any park on any weekend footballers and cricketers do the same thing there it is the way it is make peace with it oldmate why have this passive agressive thing going on i suspect the only real surfing you do is on the net in some way we all have a "bubble"

non-local's picture
non-local's picture
non-local Thursday, 13 Jan 2011 at 9:58pm

Can we abolish kooks instead?

nullalocal's picture
nullalocal's picture
nullalocal Thursday, 13 Jan 2011 at 10:38pm

Love the wave pool idea. The point was made that board riders comps run for days, usually Fri, Sat Sun, what wasn't said is that they run all day. Try getting a surf at the Alley or Nth Cronulla on one of those days. You can literally go weeks without being able to surf your local if you are one of the poor schmucks who only gets the traditional Sat. Sun off. At least the clubbies only take up a few hours, not all day. Let those who feel the need to have their surfing judged do so, but spread it out, not always the same beach week in, week out.

pete_79's picture
pete_79's picture
pete_79 Friday, 14 Jan 2011 at 6:01am

MMMMMmmmmm,
Just reading on the home page that the QLD surf tag finals could be held at cooly this weekend. This could be very interesting trying to control a comp in the middle of the super bank. Especially this weekend...

Can just picture it now;
The usual SUPER sweep running down the super bank,
Every weekend warrior, wanna-be pro and of course the usual crew of f..wits out there trying to snake MORE then their share of waves,
Then they want to throw a comp into the middle of the madness..... Ha ha ha ha.... You have to laugh don't you....

Can we expect to see Jim Beam jet skis out there trying to keep everyone out of the comp area??? All I can say is good luck with this one boys and girls.....

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Friday, 14 Jan 2011 at 8:30pm

i feel for guys like you nulla no it is not fair to take up the whole area weekend after weekend the beach is for eveyone it would be a pain in the arse to rock up and see a good line up only to have it taken over by comp dirctors that think its thier right to do so. nulla pack your bags in your ute missus optional and head for he mid north coast cheap rent and houses plenty of work (if your a tradie or machinery operator) and plenty of uncrowded read no-one out but you points or beachies. yeah pete that willbe something to see if the jb ski patrol do the stuff the boatman of tavarua do put the heavies on hope you dont have to surf there mate! i wouldnt want to no matter what the swell is doing

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 14 Jan 2011 at 9:01pm

same can be said for any park on any weekend footballers and cricketers do the same thing there it is the way it is

Thanks for indulging me Wayne it really means a lot to me. Footballers and cricketers play there sports in man made purpose built parks and arenas, not in natural setting as this would have the same affect as some surf contests do at beaches. I have seen the affect of a contest in a national park, a years worth of erosion in one day, to much foot traffic for the environment to handle. So that's why I think you would be better off building yourselves a wave pool to have contests in, it's good for the environment and you can put lighting in and have contests into the night if you want to, training sessions during the week, just like a footy club. Jeez you could set up club rooms and a bar, and best of all you wouldn't have to come down and take possession of the beach for days on end. I just can't see why you can't see the merit in this proposal Wayne, to me it looks like a win, win situation for everyone. Think about it Wayne start fund raising now, Lamington drives are good. ask the government for funding, but be sure to to tell them your a gay Mal riders club, that will get your application fast tracked.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 14 Jan 2011 at 9:07pm

i feel for guys like you nulla no it is not fair to take up the whole area weekend after weekend the beach is for eveyone it would be a pain in the arse to rock up and see a good line up only to have it taken over by comp dirctors that think its thier right to do so. nulla pack your bags in your ute missus optional and head for he mid north coast cheap rent and houses plenty of work (if your a tradie or machinery operator) and plenty of uncrowded read no-one out but you points or beachies. yeah pete that willbe something to see if the jb ski patrol do the stuff the boatman of tavarua do put the heavies on hope you dont have to surf there mate! i wouldnt want to no matter what the swell is doing

Ya reckon I'm passive aggressive, the short version of what you just said is "Nulla if you don't like it, pack your bags and fuck off"

ed's picture
ed's picture
ed Friday, 14 Jan 2011 at 11:27pm

yeah fuck comps off, sick of being told to move out of their 150m long zone with 2-4 dudes in it. ASP and WQS are the only comps i have time for. Anything else and its just a group of guys jerkin each other off.

mtw's picture
mtw's picture
mtw Saturday, 15 Jan 2011 at 7:03am

I just cant get how you can book out a beach. The beach is there for everyone to use. What about the poor old bastard who has time restraints and can only get a one hour session as he has family commitments. He drives down to his local beach to find bigwayne and his gay malriders club competing, he does not have time to cruise around and if he did every where else is even more crowded becuase everyone else has to go somewhere else, wasting even more time. Even worse thing is that they move these comps around to get the best waves, I reckon its fucked.

I dont give a shit about comps and I reckon 75% of other surfers are like me, the faster they build baldys pool, the better.

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Sunday, 16 Jan 2011 at 8:12pm

ladies ladies ladies dont get your panties in a bunch if you could surf those shit sydney waves with one or two of your mates you would do it dont try to deny it! anyway all the comments about gay mal riders sound a bit like jelousy to me if you could get any sought of gratuity read free boards and wetties on a regular basis i now you would ride a mal and enjoy it i have its great! i was once a well paid shortboard rider and had heaps of fun still do but times are diffrent for me now and the poeple that sign my pay slips suggested longboards to me and its been great still get paid and still get stuff for free! anyone out there want to surf for you mortgage payments? just about all of that 75% i would think

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Sunday, 16 Jan 2011 at 8:15pm

oh and shaun go fuck yourself

brianp's picture
brianp's picture
brianp Sunday, 16 Jan 2011 at 8:37pm

I'm with you shaun.. it's bullshit to cordon off the beach in favor of a contest, I never understood how they had the right to do that... As soon as I started uni, I pretty much stopped any weekend surfing...

ed's picture
ed's picture
ed Sunday, 16 Jan 2011 at 10:07pm

Bigwayne, You are the kind of douche-contest-surfer i despise. Bragging about all you sponsorship deals (lie) that pay off your house (lie) and how you were a pro shortboard rider (lie) and now a pro longboard rider (lie).

Even if it was all true do you think anyone here gives a shit?

You must be one hell of a surfer cause no one would sponsor you for your personality...

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Sunday, 16 Jan 2011 at 10:15pm

oh and shaun go fuck yourself

Hi Wayne, and how was your weekend, a little bit grumpy I take it you didn't make it out of the first heat. You should read your own posts, you sound like an egotistical self centered twat, you really showed your true colours in that bit of diatribe,you get paid, whoopee how good are you, probably not that good if you have tell to tell everyone. You are the stereotypical contest surfer, surfing to you is all about "look at me, look at me" all you care about is feathering your own nest. In that last little rant you have admitted you would ride any thing for a freebie, now that's the real spirit of surfing. Wayne when the time does come when I want to fuck myself I'll come to you for advice, as you are so far up yourself you would be considered an expert.
Love Shaun

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Sunday, 16 Jan 2011 at 10:23pm

Hey Wayne, good one. I'm a bit slow on the uptake aren't I, your taking the piss out of us aren't you, you would have to be wouldn't you. Please tell me Big Wayne is not real.

kieru's picture
kieru's picture
kieru Sunday, 16 Jan 2011 at 11:27pm

shaun, please excuse the interruption but perhaps you are a bit slow as you suggest.
i believe the solution is to give the the large person the respect he deserves.
if i could make a suggestion, i believe the use of his real surname, ie. 'Mr. Ker', would be more appropriate.
cheers!

mtw's picture
mtw's picture
mtw Monday, 17 Jan 2011 at 12:19am

ladies ladies ladies dont get your panties in a bunch if you could surf those shit sydney waves with one or two of your mates you would do it dont try to deny it! anyway all the comments about gay mal riders sound a bit like jelousy to me if you could get any sought of gratuity read free boards and wetties on a regular basis i now you would ride a mal and enjoy it i have its great! i was once a well paid shortboard rider and had heaps of fun still do but times are diffrent for me now and the poeple that sign my pay slips suggested longboards to me and its been great still get paid and still get stuff for free! anyone out there want to surf for you mortgage payments? just about all of that 75% i would think

Bigwayne, you are a deadset wanker. You dont just miss the point of surfing but your attitude is verging of humorous. What is the point of a surfing contest? what are you proving?

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011 at 9:59pm

morning ladies how are we? shaun irealy enjoy the banter that we have and its allabout the love the love of surfing you seem to be the only one who doesnt resort to name calling "sticks and stones" what seems funny to me really upsets other people and for that i am "sorry" ed sounds like you know me oh well im busted ed has caught me out time to fess up sorry i get coin to do what you have to pay to do jelousy is a curse oldmate surf comps is the topic is it not? they are all over the home page arent they so nobody reads the content then? okey dokey!! shaun sees through the haze. the rest of you people are trying tell me that there is not a competitive bone in your body? are quite willing to share the waves all the time? come on ladies the truth! love you too shaun

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011 at 10:59pm

Waynek, everyone except for one, who has written something on this thread in response to contests and your opinions of them have disagreed with yous selfish attitude, you don't listen to anyone do you. No one spoke up and said, give Wayne a fair go he's got a few valid points. I've got a mate like you, no one ever bothers to point out that he might be wrong, cause in his world he isn't and it will lead to a fight so all his mates just agree with him and drop the subject. i have resorted to name calling but I deleted, if I ever met you in the water I doubt I could contain myself.
Kieru, please join in the circle around Waynek and stick the boots in.
Wayne have you ever considered a career with the A.S.A., you would fit in so well there, creating jobs for there mates whilst making out it is for the good of surfing, as you have told us numerous times now it is all about lining [u]your[u] pockets. If I offered you enough money you would give up surfing, because when it comes right down to it, you don't get it and I doubt you ever will.

do-what-feels-right's picture
do-what-feels-right Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 at 12:16am

@ 'bigwayne'

Maybe you should dedicate more of your time towards an education and learning correct english, grammar and pronunciation than being in the water?

It seems your time spent being a 'pro surfer' (which I note is still unproven - post your name so we can google you) could have been better utilized learning how to form sentences and where to place full stops and comma's.

I hope you earn a good income now because from everything you have posted you seem like an uneducated idiot with not much on the horizon.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 at 12:39am

@ 'bigwayne'

Maybe you should dedicate more of your time towards an education and learning correct english, grammar and pronunciation than being in the water?

It seems your time spent being a 'pro surfer' (which I note is still unproven - post your name so we can google you) could have been better utilized learning how to form sentences and where to place full stops and comma's.

I hope you earn a good income now because from everything you have posted you seem like an uneducated idiot with not much on the horizon.

By: "do-what-feels-right"

You should never have a go at anybody about their level of education or grammar, I left school at 15, some one like you has probably never come into contact who cannot read or write, think about it you ass wipe, how dare you judge some one on there grammar, I feel very strongly about this, I don't agree with any thing Wayne stands for but I could not give a shit if his mum wrote it for him, its his opinion and we are able to read. I'm glad that you have a good education, but it makes you no better than anyone else. Fuckwit

do-what-feels-right Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 at 12:49am

It's 'their' grammar, not 'there'.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 at 1:17am

It's 'their' grammar, not 'there'.

By: "do-what-feels-right"

Who cares, I got my point across that your an arrogant arsehole.

Sorry Wayne I've veered away from the subject again, I Know it upsets you.

do-what-feels-right Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 at 1:26am

It's know not Know.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 at 1:56am

Yes, of course I realize who you are now. The boy from Tassie who was to scared to leave school so he decided to become a teacher, so he didn't have to leave school. You have never been out in the real world have you, well it's your lots that is responsible for all the bad grammar in these forums, you didn't do your job properly.

do-what-feels-right Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 at 3:39am

Your lot not Lots.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 at 4:27am

Well, I'm really quite happy with my level of grammar, I have been working at improving it for quite a while. I've come along way from a 15 year old that was asked to leave school, I don't find you funny. In the words of the great man himself "go fuck yourself", contact Bigwayne for step by step instructions.

i-u-brawn's picture
i-u-brawn's picture
i-u-brawn Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 at 4:40am

Who was asked,
not,
that was asked.

ed's picture
ed's picture
ed Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 at 6:11am

wayne....what can i say?

i read your comment in the morning and thought "the man is loading the gun for me". i decided not to reply and wait so see you get taken apart others.

As i stated, i belief there are valid comps but they are only the ASP and WCT. Not the minor shit-dribble you participate in.

Tells us your name full name? Cause i got the feeling you arnt WCT material. Theres enough guys in that circuit struggling for sponsorship deals. Yet we got "bigwayne" here boasting about his sponos that pay off his house. Something is not adding up with your story.

Realistically, i dont expect you to give us your real name as you as sitting there thinking "fuck, now they want proof, i gotta find some pro surfer with the name wayne, he has to be over 100kg and riding a mal, fuck".

While your at it, why dont you tell us who the generous sponsors are? im sure they would want to get their brand out there, since they are paying you so much...

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 at 7:20am

Who was asked,
not,
that was asked.

By: "i-u-brawn"

Well it was me, it was I who was assked.

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 at 10:38am

Give me the tool box over the pen any day.
Half of these smart ass numpties can not even change a tap washer these days.

Hey Brawny wu has Teddy Mansini from that Bodyboarding website caught up with you yet for posting slanderous lies about him on Swellnet?
They dont like you much over there do they Brian.

i-u-brawn's picture
i-u-brawn's picture
i-u-brawn Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 at 11:18am

Hey Brawny wu has Teddy Mansini from that Bodyboarding website caught up with you yet for posting slanderous lies about him on Swellnet?

By: "spongebob"

Yes, Teddy Mansini and Frankie Needles paid me a visit. But I paid protection to Sonny Forelli and his mafia cronies and they took care of it. So Teddy can't have no beef with me no more, see?

i-u-brawn's picture
i-u-brawn's picture
i-u-brawn Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 at 11:24am

Has the penny droped yet idiot? Sorry to hear you actually took the time to google "teddy mansini".

Has spongebob squarepants caught up with you for plagiarising his name?

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 at 1:42pm

You mean Teddy Mansini is someone's user name from a Bodyboarding site,gee Brawny wu I did'nt know that.
Im sorry if I upset you reading some of the crap you post on other sites.

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 at 8:59pm

thnks 4 tha GRAMMA pronunthingy you gave there to us eh! whrer would we be without it. iLL tRy bettAR i promiceyouse. now the threats of violence shaun is beneath even you get a grip why so sensitive? if you want to google me you can go to yourheadisupyourass.com and get step by step instructions on how to "gofuckyourself" oh sorry about the gramma and thanks for all the kind words of encoragement from all you all appreciated all the time allways oops grammer again oh and we still havent managed to work out how you are going to stop me "bigwayne" surfing your points and women whenever i grace you colony of kooks is that not the thread here ladies? the topic ? the reason we all want me "bigwayne" your feerless leeder ?gramma?off the net and banished from your waterways?