Ding repair recommendations Sydney??

GODS QUAD's picture
GODS QUAD started the topic in Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020 at 9:05am

Need to get some keel fins re-glassed on a retro fish. Anywhere y'all can recommend around Eastern or Northern beaches areas?

Gracias.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 25 Jun 2020 at 4:08pm

bump

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Thursday, 25 Jun 2020 at 5:09pm

#GODS QUAD. Try The Ding Doctor at Bronte. Assuming he's still around, been awhile since I needed his skills.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Friday, 26 Jun 2020 at 11:23am

yep, luke is still fixing boards, and doing a fine job. he's putting a new plug into my 5'10 rounded pin at this moment.
his number is 0405 059 134, located at charring cross, across from the pub.

Eichmann2's picture
Eichmann2's picture
Eichmann2 Thursday, 24 Jun 2021 at 7:13pm

So the worst of the worst happened today. My board was fin chopped by another surfer. I didn't notice the damage until I was back on shore. So now I need to get it repaired. Can anyone recommend a good place to go in or around Sydney?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 24 Jun 2021 at 9:55pm
Eichmann2 wrote:

So the worst of the worst happened today. My board was fin chopped by another surfer. I didn't notice the damage until I was back on shore. So now I need to get it repaired. Can anyone recommend a good place to go in or around Sydney?

i used to go to Jackson's in Caringbah/taren point area(sutherland shire) they do a great job and not too pricey..very good with colour matching too.
If you're on the northern beaches or somewhere like that i dont know anyone.

Dewax your board first with a wax scraper and turps, then dry the foam out in the sun for a few days before you take it for repairs.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 25 Jun 2021 at 7:49am

@Eichmann,

Sydney's a big place, so without knowing where you live it's hard for anyone to give recommendations. I'd advise dropping into the nearest factory as many of them also do ding repairs, and if they don't they'll know the best place to get it fixed.