Off to the Banyaks to see if it goes.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 1 Apr 2017 at 5:50pm

Wow! Nice work mate.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 1 Apr 2017 at 5:56pm

Whats the dimensions Is this style what you normally ride ?

backintheday's picture
backintheday's picture
backintheday Monday, 3 Apr 2017 at 1:06pm

Thank you !! Themalben.

backintheday's picture
backintheday's picture
backintheday Monday, 3 Apr 2017 at 1:11pm

Hi udo. This one's 5ft x 20in. x 2.5" I ride only one other 1968 influence single fin as I did then until now - mostly. A 6ft 4in x 21inch x 2.5inch single fin. Even in the 1969 Titles Margeret River Nat Young, as far as I recall rode a 5 ft.4 inch single fin and Ted Spencer also rode very short boards. Hence I'm looking forward to trying this one out.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 3 Apr 2017 at 1:25pm

Got some more board pics and a close up of the decal ?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 3 Apr 2017 at 3:05pm

Not too dissuade you, but Nat, Ted, Wayne et al quickly realised the shortcomings of their ultra shortboards: lack of projection out of turns and similar lack of control due to the short rail line. A quad set up may go some way to restoring that balance.

But really, whatever, you're not surfing for an Oz title, just for fun. Hope it flies...

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 3 Apr 2017 at 4:09pm

Posted 15 mins before AF cut off.. hmm.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 3 Apr 2017 at 4:15pm

"before AF cut off"?

Confused AF.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 3 Apr 2017 at 4:16pm

April Fools Stuey ...isnt midday the supposed cut off time for pranks?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 3 Apr 2017 at 4:24pm

Oh yeah. But hey, I don't think the shorter board revolution has run it's course - or if it ever will.

Fr'instance, check this shot of Asher Pacey's latest quiver. Smallest board 4'10"!

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 3 Apr 2017 at 5:11pm

Had to get the tape measure out and make a mark on the wall to get the gist of 4'10

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Monday, 3 Apr 2017 at 6:03pm

Almost dwarfish....theres a name for ya.

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Tuesday, 4 Apr 2017 at 1:32pm

As far as Nat riding 5/4 at MR OZZIES,it may have been a small day because on a more sizeable day he broke his 8/6 WEBBER mini gun(sunset special) in half...
Stu,the ultra shorts were played around with quite a bit back in those days...not discarded quickly.A contest towelling in the Victorian world contest(1970) was the major influence to go longer.Rolf rocked on the Hawaiian styled 7/0 and the short 5/8-5/10s had pivoty fins that Nat&co surfed in the Sydney beach peaks...Johanna showed their deficiencies.