looking for new board

old grey's picture
old grey started the topic in Monday, 28 Oct 2013 at 7:10pm

looking for a new board I'm currently riding a little 7footer and I love it.
but I'm looking to go smaller maybe a 6,6 to 6,8 and something that is easy to paddle as I'm lazy but sharper in the turns and has some speed. I'm only 90kg and 190cm tall

Marley's picture
Marley's picture
Marley Friday, 1 Nov 2013 at 10:04am

Mate, check out a 7S Superfish II. I'm 42 70kg and 175cm and I just got the 6'0 Future flex version and its so good. Paddles in like a mini mal but turns like a short board and goes like a rocket as a quad. Check out Global Surf Industries website for details, they have sold over 45000 of them and when I got mine two weeks ago they had 450 coming into the country and nearly all were allocated.

old grey's picture
old grey's picture
old grey Friday, 1 Nov 2013 at 3:05pm

thanks just goggled they look good, I'm reckoning on the 6,8 super fish for my size

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 1 Nov 2013 at 3:44pm

young grey whats the literage of the 6'8

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 1 Nov 2013 at 4:01pm

Hey OG,

If you're after a Superfish take a quick read of this recent interview I had with the designer, Garry Loveridge. He's a classic old school surfer/shaper.

http://www.swellnet.com/news/talking-heads/2013/10/23/garry-loveridge-australias-most-successful-shaper

old grey's picture
old grey's picture
old grey Friday, 1 Nov 2013 at 4:49pm

the Superfish 6,8 / 21 wide 2 3/4 thick 44.2 ltr .
the more I'm thinking ( which can be dangerous) is this size board is a monster. maybe the 6,6 just not sure. the Hydro from Trigger bros looks good as well.
I've been surfing since I was 15 pretty much once or twice a week winter and Summer I'm certainly no gun surfer but just have fun with the guys and now my kids who are hooked . kids are 7 , 11 , 14
Garry Loveridge interview awesome

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 1 Nov 2013 at 5:02pm

44 ltrs is a lot, very corky , I think 35-38ltrs would be enough for you ? bet ya balls when you get one you be surfing a lot more and will shed some kilos........44 may be way to boaty after a month or two.

old grey's picture
old grey's picture
old grey Friday, 1 Nov 2013 at 5:18pm

yep your correct I will be doing more surfing. when its on I often will have a morning and afternoon session the last thing I want is a boat ( a big slug) by the end of summer. what do think off the hydro from trigger bros, the 6,6 super fish on paper maybe the go.
thanks for your help this is great info

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 1 Nov 2013 at 7:05pm

have you thought about a T .REX ripcurl Maurice cole shape

old grey's picture
old grey's picture
old grey Friday, 1 Nov 2013 at 8:54pm

just had a look at the T rex from rip curl that really looks smart reckon I'm heading to Torquay on the weekend only an hour and half drive from the Mornington peninsula which is my area. I only every think of rip curl for our wet suits. Maurice cole an another awesome dude in the surf industry. may have to have a surf as well
love your work thanks