6 CHANNEL

bishmann's picture
bishmann started the topic in Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 3:18pm

Hi All ,
im interested in ordering a 6 channel board and would like your help with advise on whom would be my best bet one the east coast of aussie to contact - i know al byrne would have been my best bet but alas sadly he is no longer with us .

cheers

mark

cycd's picture
cycd's picture
cycd Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 3:38pm

g'day Bishmann,

Contact Dale from Byrning Spears - Dale Wilson - [email protected]

He had been with AB for over a decade and they had been profiling AB's boards for a few years now.... they are still doing them, and continuing from where AB left his designs.

Dale has glassed/finished them for ages now... the glassing/sanding especially with channels is crucial performance and longevity.

I am grabbing a new 6'8 deep 6 in two weeks time, can't wait.

bishmann's picture
bishmann's picture
bishmann Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 3:50pm

cheers cycd appreciate the help !

finback's picture
finback's picture
finback Monday, 28 Oct 2013 at 4:48pm

Albert FOX at angourie does a great 6 channel

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Monday, 28 Oct 2013 at 5:13pm

Hes in Vic but Josh Dowling is the only guy i know doing four and six channel boards similar to firewires/sunova build but customs. From all reports excellent boards.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 31 Oct 2013 at 1:23pm
cycd's picture
cycd's picture
cycd Wednesday, 20 Nov 2013 at 11:46am

Some pics of my new 6'8 from Byrning Spears ..... pretty much same as they ever were.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 20 Nov 2013 at 11:47am

Hi cycd, I see you've made an error in the pasting of the code. Have to remove those // before the http

cycd's picture
cycd's picture
cycd Wednesday, 20 Nov 2013 at 11:51am

lets try this again...

bishmann's picture
bishmann's picture
bishmann Wednesday, 20 Nov 2013 at 12:18pm

how good is that board ..... what are its exact dims ? it looks sweet ....

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Wednesday, 20 Nov 2013 at 12:59pm

ABs brother ERN (Ian) Byrne will do you a very sweet channel @ Mt Woodgee. ERN is very down to earth, top bloke and approachable, like the late, great AB. Pretty sure they're still being glassed by Steve McDouall (VON).

http://www.mtwoodgee.com.au/index.php/surfboards-models-channel-bottom

If you're gunna get a channel, get one made by people who make them with conviction. For many manufacturers, doing channel bottoms is relegated to the "to hard" basket, some of them hate doing them, and that's not how you want your board to be made.

cycd's picture
cycd's picture
cycd Wednesday, 20 Nov 2013 at 1:28pm
bishmann wrote:

how good is that board ..... what are its exact dims ? it looks sweet ....

It's 6'8 x 19 1/8 x 2 1/2 .... have used it at double overhead iluka breakwall and lennox before coming back home to WA, as i mentioned it felt all but identical to the AB's i have had in the past (20+) .....cant wait to get it up the north west next winter

bishmann's picture
bishmann's picture
bishmann Friday, 31 Jan 2014 at 8:47am

Hi All ,
just wanted to thank you all for your posts and help , i ended up getting a 6'1 6 channel off dale wilson @ byrning spears sweet looking board .

cheers

cycd's picture
cycd's picture
cycd Saturday, 1 Feb 2014 at 12:55pm
bishmann wrote:

Hi All ,
just wanted to thank you all for your posts and help , i ended up getting a 6'1 6 channel off dale wilson @ byrning spears sweet looking board .

cheers

Nice one..... Dales doing an awesome job eh