Surf repair in Bali

goldie's picture
goldie started the topic in Monday, 13 May 2013 at 5:31pm

Hi Guys,

Heading to Bali in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking bringing a beloved snapped board among my shortboards. I assume that Balinese have a certain experience when it comes to fixing brocken boards and obviously the price might be significantly cheaper than the price asked by the local repairs in Oz.

Does anyone have a good surf repair to recommend in Bali?
How much should I pay for fixing a snapped board.

Thanks.

more's picture
more's picture
more Monday, 13 May 2013 at 9:36pm

never heard of that one before...and some things in Bali aren't as cheap as you'd think...and to cart it over and then bring it back, plus arranging to get it repaired...I wouldn't bother...plus boards are never the same after repaired....I would suggest takin it to the shape who originally shaped it and give him the chance to recreate this board that you like so much, that way you'll stand the best chance of getting the almost the same board...or take it to another Aussie shaper who likes to try and copy boards....just my thoughts...

dandandan's picture
dandandan's picture
dandandan Monday, 13 May 2013 at 10:56pm

Hey Goldie. If you are intent on getting fixed up, I have taken my boards to a little place on Jln Melasti a few times. If you head towards the beach from Un's Hotel it is on your left hand side just after Komala Indah 1 - next to an internet place. Forgot the guys name, but he is good and won't rip you off too much. He fixed my snapped stick for about $50 and I'm still using it 5 years later.