Hypto Krypto

gallim's picture
gallim started the topic in Thursday, 9 May 2013 at 12:21pm

Thinking about purchasing the Hypto Krypto from hayden shapes. What do you guys think of the board??? "please help. "

staitey's picture
staitey's picture
staitey Thursday, 9 May 2013 at 2:55pm

Ever checked these out...........www.formulaenergy.com.au amazing shapes

markxxx's picture
markxxx's picture
markxxx Thursday, 9 May 2013 at 5:00pm

Just received mine last week. Surfed it today for the first time and even though the surf was small and fat it still blew me away. So fast and loose, paddled great, did everything I wanted. I understand what all the hype is about, super fun board.
By the way there's already a thread on this here http://www.swellnet.com.au/forums/5/topics/1904

cycd's picture
cycd's picture
cycd Sunday, 2 Jun 2013 at 5:09pm

I bought a "used board for sale" hypto that was accidently shaped in shred sled dimensions @ 6'3 x 19 3/4 x 2 5/8,with 5 fin boxes, it was cheap compared to a newbie and had been waxed but not surfed so i thought i'de give it a crack after being with my shaper (Allan Byrne) for the past 12 years.... they paddle very well and are versitile as thier description indicates. The first 2 surfs i had on it was in very solid beach breaks in SW WA, the second day inparticular was perfect slabbing at 6 to sometimes 8 feet and i was in early on the hypto which you want to be in heavy waves, it also held it's line and was very fast. In those conditions i would usually be reaching for a 6'6-6'8. I have also used it in 2-4 foot beachies since and it has performed equally as well, it's fast and lively. The $950 price tag is the only thing that would put me off getting another... it's hard to justify forking out an extra $350 per board.