PM Sco Mo and the "Think good thoughts for them, or whatever you do" brass band.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 7 Sep 2018 at 11:16am

Did anyone see Sco mo ranting in tongues at the nation yesterday, in his first major speech to the nation? Please, find it on You tube... Kick back.... And feel the lord enter your spirit.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/scott-morrison-s-sermon-on-th...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 7 Sep 2018 at 11:17am

Be afraid, people..... Apparently, the media says he's a "moderate"..... bahahahahahaha

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 7 Sep 2018 at 11:46am

Scott Morrison a moderate?

Hallelujah brother, can I get an amen?

God bless Australia...

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Friday, 7 Sep 2018 at 3:17pm

Hmmm when you're so far to the right any movement towards the left probably would seem moderate to the bible thumpers.
But seriously its nearly as difficult to watch Moronson as it was watching $cabbott.
Now to fix this country's woes all we need do is pray....its a love thing you know.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 7 Sep 2018 at 3:33pm

Yep, westo' .. Well said.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 7 Sep 2018 at 3:42pm

I don't mind our politicians believing in a god, any god, but I believe its open duck season when a politician's religious beliefs/teachings are contradicted by their actions as a politician.

From what I understand Morrison and his family play a very active role in an evangelical christian church. Its been reported its the sort of church where people speak in tongues. You can't really get a more conservative or fundamental christian church outfit than that ........ yet you have Morrison the politician who has overseen some pretty dreadful (and unChristian) policy decisions / portfolios.

So, in my book its open duck season on the arsehole.

Save me jebus, save me

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Friday, 7 Sep 2018 at 4:41pm

Totally agree Guy:) If we can do it without the guns, that'd be great.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 7 Sep 2018 at 5:05pm

I'm waiting for Wabbott season.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Friday, 7 Sep 2018 at 8:29pm

I thought Wabbott season was long over?...but he does have the annoying ability to keep popping up on the rectangular box Anyway if you see him do what you have to.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 8 Sep 2018 at 8:39am

It will be Wabbott season again after the next election.

Balance's picture
Balance's picture
Balance Friday, 21 Sep 2018 at 10:49am

I wonder why he is so determined to back Peter Dutton

I would have thought it made more political sense to shaft him...the au pair events seemingly would have given him the opportunity to

Maybe I am misreading public sentiment...but he seems pretty universally despised...except by his media friends

I saw an elderly...well spoken lady asked her opinion of him...she lifted her mouth from her cup of tea...and said...he may well be the most disgusting man to have ever walked the face of gods good earth

Maybe a slight exaggeration ...but surely he would easily hold a spot in the top 10?

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Friday, 21 Sep 2018 at 11:13am

Haha Balance, I saw a lady asked the same question on tv, and she sort of squirmed a bit and said "He reminds me of an undertaker".
It just astounds me that he can stand straight faced and deny any lack of integrity. I mean FFS he personally used his position to help out some mates.
I can't believe he won the no confidence motion by 1 vote, thanks to old mate Kevin Hogan, and Mad as a hatter Katter, but more likely his own casting vote for himself, which does seem like a conflict of interest.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 21 Sep 2018 at 11:19am

"...which does seem like a conflict of interest."

Yeah, just a touch.

The Libs are in damage control and this would've caused yet more infighting, more salvos from the far right loons, more leaks, more venom.

I don't agree with ScoMo standing by him, far from it, but I get the rationale.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 21 Sep 2018 at 12:50pm

....... meanwhile any attempt at equity in school funding gets shafted to capture the private school vote, not that it will do them any good this time around.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 21 Sep 2018 at 2:25pm

.... that school funding decision does many of things including:

First, it kicks proper reform of the sector down the road a decade. Kicking reform down the road is what the LNP has constantly done for the last 5.5 years. Tax, debt/deficit, energy, environment, drought/water, university funding etc and now primary/secondary education.

Second, it locks in the over funding of the private school sector and under funding of the public sector.

Third, it continues the reactionary right's "battle of ideas" or "cultural wars" prosecuted by the white middle aged/old men of privilege inside the LNP.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Monday, 24 Sep 2018 at 7:47am

Knock knock,
Who's there?
Peter
Peter who?
Scott Morrison

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 24 Sep 2018 at 11:30am
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Monday, 24 Sep 2018 at 12:35pm

Nice one facto. The last line summed it up. “I don’t question that since our uni days, ScoMo has ‘blossomed’ into the weirdo we see today,”

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 24 Sep 2018 at 1:50pm

“The Liberal Party system is broken,” our source admitted.

“It’s so disconnected from reality that you have this zero talent weirdo rise via stealth. Morrison was never leadership material but via Bruce Baird and interventions by billionaire media barons, there he is.”

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 15 Dec 2018 at 9:41pm

Any recall PM stepping in to protect NSW Premier over Opera House Ads?
Disclaimer: This is not what it so very obviously looks like.
Evangelicals must have 2 wives,so it's all above board.

https://static.ffx.io/images/$zoom_1%2C$multiply_0.4166666666666667%2C$ratio_1.777778%2C$width_1920%2C$x_80%2C$y_64/t_crop_custom/t_sharpen%2Cq_auto%2Cf_auto/efc76a8bf39b71839cd779585e272800ff5a8637

http://www.epa.eu/politics-photos/regional-authorities-government-photos...

https://cdn.smehost.net/sonyfoundationorg-auprod/wp-content/uploads/2018...

https://www.perthnow.com.au/politics/pm-morrison-to-meet-state-premiers-...

https://static.ffx.io/images/$zoom_0.219%2C$multiply_1%2C$ratio_1.776846%2C$width_1059%2C$x_0%2C$y_0/t_crop_custom/w_780/t_sharpen%2Cq_auto%2Cf_auto%2Cdpr_auto/912b9dddb2f7c7cd86b30663bb8c45ea1c369da5

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/f6a6449976f4994b5bf92f1699d59ed1?wid...

https://insidestory.org.au/policy-on-the-run/

Royal faux pas
https://metro.co.uk/britains-prince-harry-and-meghan-duchess-of-sussex-a...

Prince Harry warns Promo to stick with his own girlfriend.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/NINTCHDBPICT00044298...{width}

(Are Lib Girls allowed to vote for Lib Girl PM?) Boy or a girl this week?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 16 Dec 2018 at 10:39am

PM ProMo. Where the bloody hell etc etc etc.

Reverse Muppet.

Gladys = Kermit

ProMo = Ms Piggy

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 16 Dec 2018 at 5:50am

Don't knock lovely Gladys, she has fixed up NSW and is doing a great job. We have no debt and the best infrastructure programs in the country underway right now. Lets look at Queensland...flat broke infrastructure at a standstill, cant even drive from the Goldy to Brisbane without a major drama. Ah yes and there's Labors Adani mine, Labor conceived years ago and Labor approved in Qld. All over NSW people are protesting against the Libs who had nothing to do with the bloody thing and couldn't stop it if they wanted to. I wonder how many manipulated souls are actually protesting in Queensland in front of Labor HQ. Regardless of what you think of Scott Morrison, I like people who can actually fix stuff. You don't even have to like the guy who builds your house, as long as he does a good job of it. Can any of you actually watch an interview with Bill Shorten and not feel he's reading from a poorly parroted script. I've named him "Bullshit Bill" because that's all I hear coming out of his mouth. Last election, he sent out millions of texts saying the Libs were about to do away with medicare, another lie in his big bag of them, but people fell for it. Are we really that stupid?. Please don't vote for him, the country will unravel so fast it will make your head spin

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 16 Dec 2018 at 10:38am

PM ProMo is SATAN's little helper.

God told me.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 16 Dec 2018 at 11:07am

Gotta agree optimist re. Bill shorton charisma . The man just waffles. Waffles and waffles and waffles, and says nothing, because he's hiding everything.

But then again factobum could possibly be right too re. Scomo. Bluuuurt cough cough....sorry that wasn't easy.

Labor really are having it both ways with the adani thing. Quite pathetic really, that they think they can pull this off. But they probably will. Purely because the libs have made absolute fools of themselves. Both with the ongoing leadership rumblings, and the absolute rubbish they talk regarding coal and renewables.

Labor should've shown some balls and come out against adani, made a real issue of it. Because everyone with half a brain knows coal is dead. And now, renewables are actually becoming cheaper than other alternatives, yet the libs are still trotting out the same tired old lines.

They really are making fools of themselves.

But labor has no balls.. again. And are too chicken to make it a real issue. Probably because they actually have no conviction or solid policy on the issue, as their previous attempts have shown.

I actually think if they don't get something solid down now they're going to miss the boat and we'll end up like france. Where the vast majority of people support doing something but other issues will cancel it out.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 16 Dec 2018 at 12:33pm

Yeh No Bullshit Bill stands out against the high flown rhetoric and predictable policy contortions of the Nasty Party and their country cousins. Why pick a fight when you are unbackable favourites to win the election?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 16 Dec 2018 at 1:20pm

un backable favourites like you know who?

Look how that panned out...

You're probably right blindboy, but I really think the current political climate is a yearning for more. Much much more, and real change.

I really think the problem with bill is he represents everything that is broken about the labor party. He's been there a while now, but what does he really stand for? You wouldn't know, because while he might be "no bullshit Bill", he also actually says nothing. Lots and lots of words, but nothing coming out.

He's just a union dude that's done well. A union dude that's a stooge for continuing the neoliberal agenda. No conviction. Nothing man.

And you're probably right about him laying low. He did it last election. His plan is so obvious. Just sit back and let the liberals detract from themselves. Then came out with his couple of weeks whirlwind tour where he did actually came across alright.

But I'm not sure that'll work this time. People are crying out for authenticity and change.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 16 Dec 2018 at 3:53pm

[disclaimer]
trubluebasher is new to prime directive, as such credits all politically incorrect slurs.

I swear on Bible for absolution from past present Oz Top 10 elected womanizers.
House of Abbott womanizers Slomo & Barnaby laud Chauvinistic Pig honours.
Prince Harry knights Slo'mo for such heroics in above photo.
Slo'mo has learn't well from brethren #1 Pigs in the trough.

Promo's harem are a bit more smitten to his charm.
Scomo cupcakes $B's > Interfaith onshore private schools.
Scomo then sweet-talks immigrant Muslim Premier into halving immigration.
Shames Lesbian Jew post Lib pref' to alter Middle East policy on election eve

Past Hero Libs.
GST Goods x Service x 1000 > New Houses up by 30% & Nation Building by 30%.
My firm alone went from building 30 homes a month to 3/month. (#1Dream Killer)
Observers note Howards mop up for cost blowout fell well short.
$15 K Home Owner Grant was only half of then 30% GST accumulated blowout.
$100K Rebate may knock off Today's GST for $300K house price.

Costello pimped patriotic hookers to abort barcoded babies to fix GST fuckup.
Sleaziest most unchristian like policy that not one Religion spoke against. I sure did!

2005 Howard knew by his own hand he also destroyed the Nation Building Dream.
National Roads/Bridges/Tunnels/Rail all now GST gene pools rising monsters.
At this time Howard ditched (90/10) H'wys > (50/50) Notice 40% GST impost.

Due to automation Car/Textile industries harboured a lesser 20% GST blowout.
Howard tried Tax Breaks for buyers/Cash Injections/Bail outs. (Sorry Johnny!)
Heavy automotive industry now too lay at his feet...Aussie Cars no more!

If any care to examine the graphs they all replicate Howards GST impost.
(Pause) One must wonder how he lives with himself by solely destroying Oz.
Start War & rid coalition from back door deals with enemy Butcher of Baghdad.
No end to Johnny's un Australian hand washing...

Least affected Retail 10% = Recent Parity with import GST items @ 2018 Tax Year.

Giving States GST meant the more staff they hire the greater their take. Obviously!
Costello's Dumb deal opened the gates for States to Timeshare the GST trough
Mistake of biblical proportion upon a biblical sized GST Hex on all things Oz Made.(Hence the import era)

Rich pay GST(Free service) Poor-2nd GST x 10 gst service 10x gst repair + Tip fee.

Now is there anyone not clear on who & when & what fucked Australia.

Ok sure Qld Labor are greedy selfish Pigs.
Qld Labor found a 2nd way to compliment GST take.
It kills Cities the same rate as GST killed Nation.
Be wary, as it's so greedy & it's already headed for your cities.

State Govt needs Stamp Duty/Councils need rates/Developers need Upzones
Now to design Cities that feed a Giant Merry go round Whiteshoe Brigade.

Readers note Wealthy live in enclaves > Redesign city as an enormous enclave.
By lowering City Transit speed escalates govt returns.

Gold Coast H'wy has over 100 sets of lights(Most in Oz) GCCC/Govt push more!
(Start to GC Airport)
Bus (53m) is being cancelled with each Light Rail Station.
Train (25m) was to open in 2016 pushed out to 2026 > 2031> now 2038
The funding for the TRAIN is battered for Timeshare Trolley
L'Rail (1hr40m) A 2hr return loss. $1/2m/lap City income loss is your Tax woes.

Note: Gold Coast to Sydney 1:30m arrives before Tram arrives to GC Airport.
Our future Transit will be pegged to 1915 Timetable. The loss to our economy?
Govt/GCCC have their Pile Sorted & growing higher as I speak. City can go to hell.
Before you say...Yeah Dumbass Qlder's .Your State leaders are drooling...Be warned.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 23 Dec 2018 at 10:54am

As Lenin once said, "So this is Xmas!?"

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 23 Dec 2018 at 1:44pm

another $850 million hand out to business dressed up as help for the unemployed and another policy fail .......

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/one-business-used-17-interns-...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 23 Dec 2018 at 2:40pm

So in a program costing taxpayers almost a billion dollars, less than 20% of the 56 000 interns got work, and a big chunk of that 20% are having their wages subsidised by the taxpayer anyway?

Seems reasonable.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 23 Dec 2018 at 9:41pm

Read between the lines swellnetonians...
PaTH scheme gets each kid to launder $100/wk from revenue to LNP piggy bank.
For a start there is no $200 cash as such...It's LNP play money.
This is done by way of Jobs PaTH $200 Visa Card read link...
https://www.openaustralia.org.au/debates/?id=2018-02-06.9.1

The welfare Visa card shopping is restricted to LNP donor franchises.(Not joking!)
First you feed the LNP Donors then they empty change into LNP Christmas Club.
If you're not familiar of laundering Welfare into LNP cashcow then read link below...
https://theaimn.com/lnp-welfare-card-true-facts-exposed-corruption-disgu...

56,433 x $200 = $11.3 m funneled from revenue thru LNP donors to LNP kitty.
What Media calls a failure...LNP calls a Christmas Bonus!

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 23 Dec 2018 at 11:16pm

Merry Xmas...vote for the LNP...or their surrogates...

They're all the same.

Anyway.

Hey?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 24 Dec 2018 at 7:07pm

Rest easy everybody our PM has announced he will be praying for our drought affected farmers this Christmas. Is that what we have come to? a prime minister resorting to prayer in the absence of any meaning policy on climate and drought relief.