Where were you at 400ppm?

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Wednesday, 12 Jul 2017 at 9:13am

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 1 Jan 2018 at 7:09pm

No worries, a personal highlight of 2017 was being up at Hotham for 47 year record low temperatures, (official -9.3, media reported over -10) went outside for a little while at night in T shirt and pyjamas to get a feel of it. Great riding that day. And again for the 2nd or 3rd year running there was snow on the Otways, making it possible to snowboard within 20km or so of the SurfCoast. Relatives were up within eyeshot of Mt Koscuiszko on Christmas day and reported snow still there, which I could see on the cam. Certainly weird goings on for very warm years.

One thing we might agree on is the manifestation of more meridional jet streams as we notice their effects - causing both all time records of cold/precipitation/snow and heat as well. The really interesting stuff is the concurrent increase of previously unrecorded lightning/plasma events and seismic activity. And increases in temps, weather system speed on other members of the solar system. But I digress...

HNY BB :)

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 1 Jan 2018 at 7:21pm

25000 lightning strikes in a few hours where I was the other night.

Fantastic.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Tuesday, 2 Jan 2018 at 4:05pm

Blowin, u live in good part of world. Spent lots of time there surfing from hat to plum. Good memories except for corn flake weed after awhile but other weed was good vibes astro. Thirty years ago now, wow.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 2 Jan 2018 at 4:18pm

Nice sentiments, Dave . But I don't live there !

I'm a blowin that's had an extended stay in the general vicinity and I'll be bailing very soon.

You're right though mate. It's a nice stretch of the coast . The entire NSW coast is magic really. Some spots more so than others , but it's all pretty special.

You were lucky to have those magic days ! Not many people are so blessed and they will always be a part of who you are. Hope you have a golden 2018 mate and thanks for the good vibes.