No camping and Locked gate

terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff started the topic in Tuesday, 29 Sep 2015 at 10:01am

Certain spots on the west coast SA the farmer will be locking his gate! Due to the last influx of tourist who like to camp there and leave there rubbish and shit paper blowing around in the wind for the locals to see is quite Disgusting! Anyone found camping there will be notified to the police, charged with trespassing and removed!!! Happy long weekend
You know it is private property

terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff Tuesday, 29 Sep 2015 at 10:02am
terry-tuff wrote:

Certain spots on the west coast SA the farmer will be locking his gate! Due to the last influx of tourist who like to camp there and leave there rubbish and shit paper blowing around in the wind for the locals to see is quite Disgusting! Anyone found camping there will be notified to the police, charged with trespassing and removed!!! Happy long weekend

Don't forget it is private property

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 29 Sep 2015 at 10:10am

Green cans ?

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Tuesday, 29 Sep 2015 at 4:20pm

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Tuesday, 29 Sep 2015 at 11:39am

Fair enough too if his land is being trashed, show some respect fellas!

charles-barkley's picture
charles-barkley's picture
charles-barkley Tuesday, 29 Sep 2015 at 11:55am

terry is this a place with a sign on the gate that says private property no camping or somewhere further from Lincoln? who are these wankers that trash such a natural place and ruin what makes these places so special. They definitely dont deserve a spot in the lineup if they treat the surroundings like that.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 29 Sep 2015 at 12:05pm

Jeez, this makes me mad when people don't treat the coastline with respect. Sorry to hear about the issues Terry.

Dingdoctor's picture
Dingdoctor's picture
Dingdoctor Tuesday, 29 Sep 2015 at 12:57pm

We've had trouble free access for years. A few locals wanna make a buck or see their name in lights via the Internet world and the iPhone strapped city slickers follow. They would not know which end of the shovel to use to bury their turds let alone carry one at all. This minority is ruining it for everyone else. Most travelling surf crew are very conscious of cleaning up and not damaging the area. Its a fragile cliff area and private farm land. Plenty of well equipt legal camping nearby and it's a short walk. All good. Play on

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Wednesday, 30 Sep 2015 at 2:49pm

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Tuesday, 29 Sep 2015 at 5:22pm

True caml, some of the beach fisherman on the back beaches down here think nothing of leaving empty bait bags and old fishing line all over the beach. It's easy to pick up a few bits of rubbish on your way back up to the car park.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Tuesday, 29 Sep 2015 at 5:31pm

Dick heads fuk it for everyone...no respect and when caught should be publicly humiliated and that includes dopey fishermen.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Tuesday, 29 Sep 2015 at 7:17pm
goofyfoot wrote:

True caml, some of the beach fisherman on the back beaches down here think nothing of leaving empty bait bags and old fishing line all over the beach. It's easy to pick up a few bits of rubbish on your way back up to the car park.

Most of those people back near you goofy are the shit of Europe , who have no idea how to look after a natural environment . Then pretend not to know English or play the racial abuse card when you bail them up .
On a different note , Jeff you reading this !! Happy now ?!?

Dingdoctor's picture
Dingdoctor's picture
Dingdoctor Tuesday, 29 Sep 2015 at 8:07pm

No fishing near the break area. Only on a close by beach. Don't worry camel you will get to know it cause you and your mates will be walking from there

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Tuesday, 29 Sep 2015 at 8:55pm
southey wrote:
goofyfoot wrote:

Most of those people back near you goofy are the shit of Europe , who have no idea how to look after a natural environment . Then pretend not to know English or play the racial abuse card when you bail them up .

Yeah it's so frustrating Southey when you get in trouble for taking your dog down the beach to have a run around while you're surfing but the rangers don't seem to give a stuff about the rubbish left all over the beach.

terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff Tuesday, 29 Sep 2015 at 9:39pm

All the years I've been there it's not the reco fishers, never seen any of them camp there! It's the tourist from word of mouth who flock there and leave there shit behind who've fucked it up for everyone and like to exploit the place!!! So now the gate will be locked and if you want you can walk there!!!

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Thursday, 1 Oct 2015 at 8:41pm
Dingdoctor wrote:
No fishing near the break area. Only on a close by beach. Don't worry camel you will get to know it cause you and your mates will be walking
caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Thursday, 1 Oct 2015 at 8:40pm

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 30 Sep 2015 at 9:30am

I never realised south oz had such good waves until I started following a few south oz locals on Insta! Wow

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 30 Sep 2015 at 9:31am

Times have changed eh

terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff Wednesday, 30 Sep 2015 at 4:23pm
southey wrote:
goofyfoot wrote:

Let's not point fingers.... ..!.

terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff Wednesday, 30 Sep 2015 at 5:03pm
terry-tuff wrote:
southey wrote:
goofyfoot wrote:

Let's not point fingers.... ..!.. You can't say it's one persons doing when there's other outsiders who exploit the place....

terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff Wednesday, 30 Sep 2015 at 5:05pm

Well how's this I went there today before the gate was locked only to find rubbish dumped at the gate by some smart ass!!!
Gate is officially locked by the farmer fuckheads !!!!

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 30 Sep 2015 at 7:03pm

drjeffy-mrhyde whats going on over there bruz

Wharfjunkie's picture
Wharfjunkie's picture
Wharfjunkie Wednesday, 30 Sep 2015 at 8:12pm

So the farmers gonna build a surf camp and charge people under the guise of coastal management well played ask him if he needs a website developer?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Wednesday, 30 Sep 2015 at 8:16pm

Good work to the farmers, fuck them all off and make them walk the queen's chain.
Here here Mr Farmer keep it real champ;)

terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff Wednesday, 30 Sep 2015 at 8:43pm

What part don't people get? You can still walk there and surf!!!

Dingdoctor's picture
Dingdoctor's picture
Dingdoctor Wednesday, 30 Sep 2015 at 9:44pm

Plenty of breaks are on private farmland and require a walk. Dry your eyes. Give your iPhone a good charge put your board under your arm and walk ten minutes.
Ps remember a water bottle and sunscreen and enjoy

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Wednesday, 30 Sep 2015 at 11:19pm

Ok will do DDoc . The walk is more like a km , rugged terrain , deadly snake plague in rocky scrub country walk & cliff to climb down , might be easier to go elsewhere

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 1 Oct 2015 at 12:54am
terry-tuff wrote:
southey wrote:
goofyfoot wrote:

Let's not point fingers.... ..!.

No fingers Tez ,
Just reminding someone why it isn't wise to openly invite ANYONE and everyone with Internet rection to come and hang out like knob heads .
The other part of the post is at place in Vic . Which today I saw that someone landed a sizey tuna nearby , and no less than 300 " let's call them enthusiastic rec fishers " that fuck local snapper fishing for everyone else responded to a social network image in an hour by most likely raping and pillaging the area this weekend .
The realities are really well paralleled , people who aren't used to hangin in sensitive environments have no idea how to behave in areas as such . I'm clearly looking Nth with this , ( NSW & QLD , semi pros ...... ) and then I'll go further to say that modern electrical devices will be the death of remote , easy going locales .

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Thursday, 1 Oct 2015 at 6:21am

Good point southey, I was surprised when I got talking to a local beach fisherman the problem the internet creates for them and let's not forget fishing shows. Least with surf the waves are there the next day after the rape and pillage, but the fish not so.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Thursday, 1 Oct 2015 at 10:50am

i dont use a phone and am losing my keenness on the net each day as i see it being abused by all and sundry. too easy for everyone.
there was nothing like the excitement a surf or camping safari felt like. I always asked permission, always performed little ceremony to thank the area for having me and after i left, u would not have known i was there. it was a sacred event, now its a bragathon and sure people want to go to magic spots, but it's about respect.
Has anyone noticed the syrian refugee crisis as u see them walking through fields of left behind rubbish, but they are all carrying plastic bags, not one filled and tied with rubbish- lack of respect, humans need a reminder in this very important process-respect for yourself- your fellow beings and your environment.

Wharfjunkie's picture
Wharfjunkie's picture
Wharfjunkie Thursday, 1 Oct 2015 at 6:42pm

Thee farmer has agreed to place a few cabins on site overlooking the break it's the next surfing and fishing paradise an oasis in the desert.

terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff Friday, 2 Oct 2015 at 11:17am
Wharfjunkie wrote:

Thee farmer has agreed to place a few cabins on site overlooking the break it's the next surfing and fishing paradise an oasis in the desert.

Really wharfjunkie.... That'll never happen...

bobhawke's picture
bobhawke's picture
bobhawke Friday, 2 Oct 2015 at 2:15pm

Take a leaf from Ron's book... He'll tell you what it was like before he took on his lease at cactus.This is not some modern day phenomenon .

shortenm's picture
shortenm's picture
shortenm Friday, 2 Oct 2015 at 2:33pm

I was there in that last little run of the right angled swell and winds for the arvo and just south of the carpark a family from one of the nearby towns setup camp for the night. I know them and they'd look after it however begs the question about where the froth is coming from is it local crew or tourists... Seems like tourists / unknowns are getting the blame so lock the gate keep em out but maybe the issue is closer to home anbd something that can be resolved pretty quick. Either way surely a call up to the gate keeper(s) with a sincere appology and commitment to not breaking the rules again would suffice? The sign on the gate hasnt changed in 25yrs and from what I can tell everyone been playing by the rules..

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 2 Oct 2015 at 2:42pm
bobhawke wrote:

Take a leaf from Ron's book... He'll tell you what it was like before he took on his lease at cactus.This is not some modern day phenomenon .

Back when my old man first went to Cactus in the mid-late 60's, it was called Rosella Point because of all of the discarded tinned soup cans.

terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff Friday, 2 Oct 2015 at 2:59pm
shortenm wrote:

I was there in that last little run of the right angled swell and winds for the arvo and just south of the carpark a family from one of the nearby towns setup camp for the night. I know them and they'd look after it however begs the question about where the froth is coming from is it local crew or tourists... Seems like tourists / unknowns are getting the blame so lock the gate keep em out but maybe the issue is closer to home anbd something that can be resolved pretty quick. Either way surely a call up to the gate keeper(s) with a sincere appology and commitment to not breaking the rules again would suffice? The sign on the gate hasnt changed in 25yrs and from what I can tell everyone been playing by the rules..

Like the sign says Private Property, did the crew as for permission to camp there... NO . It happens a lot and we all should respect the farmers land but people don't and now the gate is locked unless you have permission to go there..

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 2 Oct 2015 at 3:13pm

Rosella Pt gets a mention in a piece in Nullabour Net.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 2 Oct 2015 at 3:14pm
udo wrote:

Rosella Pt gets a mention in a piece in Nullabour Net.

So does my old man! (although, the facts have been somewhat exaggerated over the years)

terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff Friday, 2 Oct 2015 at 5:14pm

Wankers cut the gate wire today and the farmer is pissed off...

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 2 Oct 2015 at 5:32pm

Thats fucked not hard to find out who was there today...Bitch slap time !

shortenm's picture
shortenm's picture
shortenm Friday, 2 Oct 2015 at 5:38pm

Agree TT re respecting the land and not suggesting changing the sign either although it might have read that way.. Hope its there and adequately effective for another 25..

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Friday, 2 Oct 2015 at 6:45pm

Small wave today there . Been small there a few times lately but hasn't been big for months . See the pattern ? Small waves = theyre the culprits

Dingdoctor's picture
Dingdoctor's picture
Dingdoctor Friday, 2 Oct 2015 at 6:59pm

Doubt anyone whose seen the justice system in that town in action would have cut it and stuck around to surf camel.

terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff Friday, 2 Oct 2015 at 7:02pm
caml wrote:

Small wave today there . Been small there a few times lately but hasn't been big for months . See the pattern ? Small waves = theyre the culprits

The local was only just breaking so it would've been smaller

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Friday, 2 Oct 2015 at 7:26pm

Ok well it seems when theres small waves theres been visits . Obviously over the last month as well as today. I guess they didn't cut wire then surf ?

bobhawke's picture
bobhawke's picture
bobhawke Friday, 2 Oct 2015 at 7:59pm

Ben i've heard it called worse! all the same that is interesting. First time i went over to south oz was back in 2000 , me and my mates were just kids broadening our horizons , some of the stories Ron had told us of crew from the seventies setting up like some kind of shanty town with all manor of crap discarded haphazardly and all the native fauna as fragile and sparse as it was , decimated. Ron has done a first class job of regenerating and setting up an eco friendly camp. I've had many a good session in and around those parts , i haven't been back for some time now..... but hold those memories close, I hope Ron is still around.... a true blue champion!

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 3 Oct 2015 at 7:24am

The Bells Beach car park bushes are permanently full of turds and paper yet there is a perfectly good toilet there .... lazy bastards can't walk 50 metres to take a dump. Its seems its the same everywhere you go on the coast around big cities.

I pick up rubbish off beaches regularly and its amazing what is washed up. On offshore days the rubbish is still there and 99% of surfers will walk pass it and not think about picking it up.How about giving back?

Many fishos are in a category of there own. Dropped bait bags, discarded line, cigarette butts, drink cans .... I once cleaned up the mess around a group of fishos and it didn't register with them at all what I was doing.

Respect is the word and giving something back. It doesn't hurt to pick up other people's rubbish, even sometimes.

On farms and gates ...... there are 2 places I surf. One is pretty much open to all and it seems to have worked well, not that far from very crowded waves. The other is well down the country and you have to be personally known by the farmer to get onto his property.

terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff's picture
terry-tuff Saturday, 3 Oct 2015 at 8:37am
caml wrote:

Ok well it seems when theres small waves theres been visits . Obviously over the last month as well as today. I guess they didn't cut wire then surf ?

You could see there tracks and footprints on the cliff top and a shit covered with rocks where ya stand out of the cold offshore breeze....