British nuclear waste to be stored at Lucas Heights.

bondisteve's picture
bondisteve started the topic in Wednesday, 13 May 2015 at 7:54pm

Well Tony/Joe are doing Australia proud.
All you Torrey voters will be pleased Tony/Joe will be allowing tonnes of British nuclear waste to be stored at our hard working medical nuclear area at Lucas Heights.
Not in the desert...oh no...not there.
Great value for all of those hoping for increasing property values treasured by Tony and his bunch of loons around the surrounding area.
God save the Queen!

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 7 Jun 2015 at 10:38am

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Sunday, 7 Jun 2015 at 5:42pm

@bondisteve…can I ask where did you get this info. The bunch of 'loons' includes both major parties. Sure nuclear waste is a problem but in this case its for medical use only. I believe the Aust. Conservation Foundation thinks it should stay at Lucas Heights. Hawky was suggesting in the middle of OZ somewhere.

bondisteve's picture
bondisteve's picture
bondisteve Sunday, 7 Jun 2015 at 8:20pm

My pleasure Mr. tonybarber.
It was in the Budget Papers released last May.
It will be radioactive water.
Have a nice day!

bondisteve's picture
bondisteve's picture
bondisteve Sunday, 7 Jun 2015 at 8:27pm

This is an article on the subject dated 2012.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/nuclear-waste-will-be-s...
Have a nice day.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Monday, 8 Jun 2015 at 11:17am

Could not get into the article - subscription only. Given this facility is making nuclear medicine, I don't think this is a problem anyway. We all need it - simple. Got nothing to do with LNP or Labor but all of OZ.

bondisteve's picture
bondisteve's picture
bondisteve Monday, 8 Jun 2015 at 1:21pm

Mr. tonybarber.
A simple search on the topic gave several articles on the subject.
Essentially nuclear waste produced at Lucas Heights was sent to Britain for ENRICHMENT. Mainly to mix with other nuclear material to extract PLUTONIUM for the use of British Nuclear Reactors. This benefits our English friends because it is far easier. The waste, which after ENRICHMENT has been kindly returned to Australia for us to worry about.
No doubt after the process of ENRICHMENT the British see no need to take responsibility for this higher grade of risk than they received.
Fortuitously a bunch of freaks and looney tunes that have a reluctant Englishman (leading their aforementioned harmless Party) who didn't originally want to accept Australian Citizenship(but for absolute necessity) have decided to do the old dart a favour and put THEIR shit in a metropolitan area.
Something no other leader was prepared to do!
I agree IT"S ALL GOOD Mr. tonybarber!

pointy's picture
pointy's picture
pointy Monday, 8 Jun 2015 at 6:25pm

"Essentially nuclear waste produced at Lucas Heights"

so it's our waste and being stored at our facility but it's england's fault?

bondisteve's picture
bondisteve's picture
bondisteve Monday, 8 Jun 2015 at 7:28pm

No.
It's " ring a ring around the posie" under a different login to screw up the message.
God Save The Queen"!
Right?
You have your portfolio in order as you said.
C Ya!
Punce!

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Tuesday, 9 Jun 2015 at 9:29am

@bondisteve...please excuse my ignorance but could you add the URLs to the info you claim.
I assume you still think Lucas heights is for the betterment of human life ?

bondisteve's picture
bondisteve's picture
bondisteve Tuesday, 9 Jun 2015 at 5:24pm

I see no need to continue with this one.
It's so old it's laughable.
I'm sure your very capable to further enlighten yourself about the storing of nuclear waste from Britain in a Sydney Metro Area(Lucas Hts).
Good luck with it!

pointy's picture
pointy's picture
pointy Tuesday, 9 Jun 2015 at 8:56pm

"It's " ring a ring around the posie" under a different login to screw up the message.
God Save The Queen"!"

what does that even mean?

tim foilat's picture
tim foilat's picture
tim foilat Tuesday, 9 Jun 2015 at 10:35pm
pointy wrote:

"It's " ring a ring around the posie" under a different login to screw up the message.
God Save The Queen"!"

what does that even mean?

That's a good question pointy, there is a cryptic undercurrent on this website that may or may not have something to do with aliens, I'm not certain, but if anyone can make sense of that statement we might get to the bottom of it.

Having said that I did some elementary sleuthing (google) to discover the meaning of 'punce' as it seemed to have left the vernacular sometime during the last century and for the life of me it made no sense, it still makes no sense but I have a hypothesis.

'Punce' is a Yiddish variation on the German word for vagina (http://www.definition-of.com/punce) a common noun used in the late 19th century. I suggest that the final remarks are intended as a playful rhyme in the tradition of, 'in a while crocodile', or, ' see ya later alligator.' Although the scheme doesn't reach the same lyrical poetry, 'cya vagina', is none the less an effort, at least, by a writer whose literary abilities have been laid bare, exposing the obvious deficiencies in the Australian educational system. The brilliance of the crypticism, however, cannot be denied.

bondisteve's picture
bondisteve's picture
bondisteve Tuesday, 9 Jun 2015 at 10:28pm

Thank you Mr. tim foilat.
And still the nuclear waste from Britain arrives to a Sydney Metro Area.
Stunning!
Back to Jupiter for me.

tim foilat's picture
tim foilat's picture
tim foilat Tuesday, 9 Jun 2015 at 10:32pm

The mind boggles ey! We just don't need that shit on our doorstep, the least they could do is ship it out into the desert with the rest of the fallout the Brits left us

bondisteve's picture
bondisteve's picture
bondisteve Tuesday, 9 Jun 2015 at 10:56pm

Very true Mr. tim foilat.
So "The Raj".
Continuing to Jupiter.
Be good!