The End of Murdoch?

bondisteve's picture
bondisteve started the topic in Monday, 17 Nov 2014 at 10:45pm

G'Day politico freaks.
Just a note that maybe the Murdoch Empire is coming to an end with a possible withdrawal of a 7% voting block from Prince Alwaleed bin Talal of Saudi Arabia who maybe sees no future value for Mr Murdoch and his Family's 12% ownership of Newscorp which was giving the Murdoch's 40% of the voting rights. Great for Australia..interesting to see how the outside world views Australia` and it's potential.
Best Wishes.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Thursday, 4 Dec 2014 at 2:28pm
bondisteve wrote:

G'Day politico freaks.
Just a note that maybe the Murdoch Empire is coming to an end with a possible withdrawal of a 7% voting block from Prince Alwaleed bin Talal of Saudi Arabia who maybe sees no future value for Mr Murdoch and his Family's 12% ownership of Newscorp which was giving the Murdoch's 40% of the voting rights. Great for Australia..interesting to see how the outside world views Australia` and it's potential.
Best Wishes.

Thought this deserved a bump!

bondisteve's picture
bondisteve's picture
bondisteve Thursday, 4 Dec 2014 at 2:49pm

Thanks yorkessurfer.
Bye bye Lowy's and maybe bye bye Murdocks who by the way are sharing another loss($400mil) with Mr. Packer (and Gina) on Ten. One Tell mustn't have been enough.

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Thursday, 4 Dec 2014 at 2:52pm

We can only hope. The popularity of the herald sun, over all other papers in the cafe I work in, baffles me. There are idiots fighting over it. Sometimes I buy just one for the shop for this reason. They lap up every word too. Very affluent suburb to boot.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 4 Dec 2014 at 2:58pm

Hey don't besmirch all Newscorp readers Lostdoggy. I've been known to peruse the Australian and the Terrorgraph while waiting for a bean juice. You gotta know your enemy.

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Thursday, 4 Dec 2014 at 3:05pm

I read the Australian for the simple fact that they can put a coherent sentence together. I flick through all the papers. But based on the conversations I drop in on here, they take it all as gospel.
All fairfax writers are lefties too, didn't you know?

bondisteve's picture
bondisteve's picture
bondisteve Thursday, 4 Dec 2014 at 3:38pm

G'Day lostdoggy and stunet.
Very funny....know your enemy....hmmm.
Well hopefully the last bastions of the far right wing(lunatic fringe) are playing out their last rites during this meltdown of the great Torrie experiment here in Australia. Then we can try to get on with what was destined for us by Federation. Not the relocating of the criminals in Hong Kong which was never going to be fought for after the hand back.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Thursday, 4 Dec 2014 at 4:38pm

Yeh, we can look at SMH (Fairfax) at see the picture they put up of Hughesey (RIP) at the SCG on that fateful day. And they claimed that was in 'public interest'. Yeah sure…. who's interest. Fairfax can be just as bad as Murdoch.

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Thursday, 4 Dec 2014 at 4:56pm
tonybarber wrote:

Yeh, we can look at SMH (Fairfax) at see the picture they put up of Hughesey (RIP) at the SCG on that fateful day. And they claimed that was in 'public interest'. Yeah sure…. who's interest. Fairfax can be just as bad as Murdoch.

I agree.
Fairfax is terrible in my opinion. After they sacked all the sub-editors, the drop in the quality of writing and increase in mistakes/typos was instantly noticeable.
What I referred to before was just that the folks reading Murdoch press at my work think that Fairfax is full of and for lefties.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 4 Dec 2014 at 5:37pm
lostdoggy wrote:
tonybarber wrote:

I agree.
Fairfax is terrible in my opinion. After they sacked all the sub-editors, the drop in the quality of writing and increase in mistakes/typos was instantly noticeable.
What I referred to before was just that the folks reading Murdoch press at my work think that Fairfax is full of and for lefties.

Nah, its the ABC that's full of lefties, Andrew Bolt told me.

bondisteve's picture
bondisteve's picture
bondisteve Thursday, 4 Dec 2014 at 5:42pm

The photo of K.Rudd in front of a swastika in the Murdock press during the election was enough for me.
Unbelievable.