The Mighty J'Bay Pro forum thread

stunet's picture
stunet started the topic in Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 2:06pm

We did it last comp and it worked OK, so here we are again with only a little bit of prompting from Zen.

We'll run forecasts and comp updates on the homepage but everything else, the banter, board talk, and inevitable conspircay theories can go in here.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 2:55pm

@Stunet, again, interesting.

Performance in 84 versus Curren in 92.

Big difference, to put it mildly.

92 vs 2014? Even 2017??

Hmmm.

Toledo's airs notwithstanding.

Interesting.

Got some Hynd at the Bay from, like, now?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 3:01pm

'94 to 2014?

Man, it's incremental but it's there. 

Jordy's turns are held in a wider arc for more time and he actually carves back down the face. This factor, the rail held through a wider arc for more time is the diamond hard nub of the matter. Short arc jams, such as, yes, what Curren did were considered the gold standard, but holding the rail and driving around and back down the face in one smooth arcing movement is now the gold standard. As the French say, it's le shit.

This morning I got to thinking when this approach began. Committed rail surfing has been around since BK weighted a rail, but, to be specific again, the sustained arcing turn is relatively new. So when? And who?

I can recall Jamie O slaying Sunset (maybe the year he won the World Cup, 2012?) and being blown away by his time on rail. Jordy has done similar at Sunset and Bells (take a look at the wave he needed a ten to beat JW in 2014), and of course at J'Bay too. Then there's JJF and his long service slices at Sunset (again!) in View From A Blue Moon. He then transposed those to Margs this year. It wasn't totally nouveau but he showed how taking a new approach to an old wave can sit everyone on their arse.

It's been a build up to this point, and Jordy has been part of it. Forget style for a moment, Curren takes that in spades, those turns of Jordy's at J'Bay are simply longer power turns using more of the wave face.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 3:05pm

Andy Irons no stranger to the long arcing turn either.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 3:13pm

Let's face it . If you're writing off J Bay then your credibility is in some real doubt.

I'd love to go there .

Who wouldn't ?

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 4:14pm

@Stunet, I'm looking at the bottom turns. Speaking of BK and such. Jordy's?? That twitching and the wobble.

And he's far from the 'stand-out'. Holy Toledo!

Going to the top turn, Curren at 1:36??

I tell you what blew me away (and Hynd too) to this day, Occy's bottom and top carving single rail work in the Skins event at Bells. Litmus, indeed.

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 4:01pm

"Let's face it . If you're writing off J Bay then your credibility is in some real doubt."

Seriously, switchy?

More to answer to than Herc, I reckon.

C'mon, if those photos were you, I stand corrected.

https://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/226126

Glass houses...pot...kettle etc etc etc

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 4:00pm

Florence stood out at Margs 'cos he was solid and fluid OFF THE BOTTOM as well as off the top. That's how I saw it.

(I was there, by the way)

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 4:10pm

I agree. I've heard commentators say that JJ tends to stay high on the wave, mid-face carves etc- I think he is so powerful off the bottom which sets him up for those huge gouges.

I reckon JJ is one of the most complete surfers we've seen in years and I'm really digging it.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 4:12pm
Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 4:15pm

Shatner - Were you asking if that was really me in those photos ?

Of course it was.

Why wouldn't it be ?

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 4:36pm

A sad history of bullshitting on these threads?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 5:28pm

Please point out one bit of bullshit

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 6:46pm

You pasty Wardo or boggy The Law (who did indeed switchfoot)?

C'mon...

Your bullshit knows no bounds. So much you had an entire thread dedicated to it! By yourself!

https://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/302695

Fascinating stuff. A thread started by said Blowin' where said Blowin' interviews said Blowin'.

Apparently just for the yucks.

Apparently.

The best um, 'exchange'?

Blowie:
"Before we go , let us know a little something about yourself that no one could know."

Blowie:
"Cool.
1. I once sat in a caravan for weeks and manicured over a hundred pounds of marijuana.
2. For a brief time in my youth I was famous nationally and widely recognised as the star of a series of television commercials.
3. I tested in the top percentile of IQ in the state I was educated in and attended a school for talented and gifted students.
4. One of my eyes is pale blue whilst the other is a dull brown.
5. I see dead people.
6. I can read Braille ."

Blowie:
"Are you trying to be clever ?"

Blowie:
"A couple of those things are actually true."

Blowie:
"Which couple ?"

Blowie:
"That's for you to guess."

Blowie:
"You are a fuckwit."

Blowie:
"Did you only just realise this ? You're not real bright are ya ...."

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 6:43pm

Don't leave us hanging for the UMPTEENTH TIME, Blowie, you old self-fellating rapscallion. Come in spinner!

What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 6:45pm

Turkey, Beachgrit! Is that the 'high forehead', 30+ demographic?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 8:12pm

You said I talked shit and then you post up a story I've written as though there is some correlation .

You don't like the way it's written , fine.

Why wouldn't it be for fun ? Why else would you be on Swellnet ? To cure cancer ? I enjoy writing .....it's fun. So hard to understand ? It's even explained in the very same story.

Just cause I haven't answered your question doesn't mean I lie ....you aware of this ?

You seem to be really hung up on this.

Payp's picture
Payp's picture
Payp Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 8:15pm

Jordy's surfing style is shit.The old saying "It doesn't matter what you do it's how you do it"and while we are at it Toledo's surfing fuck me where do we start?The Great Moscow circus?As Snuffy said surfing's Devolving or at least disappearing up it's own "performance" based arse.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 8:28pm

Payp , your opinion and all , but I reckon if Toledo was from your home beach and one of your mates then you'd be proclaiming his imminent world championship to anyone that would listen.

You'd be calling his style futuristic and you'd be right.

Can you really even conceive of someone pulling that shit around your everyday line up ?

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 8:50pm

'Gimme more o' that ol' man nostalgia...'

How can I say no to that!

Here's some. Before mobile phones. Before the internet. Before TV. The truck came once a week. Before the restraining order era. Shit leggies. McCoy sent a couple of guys from the NE NSW area to catch up with me, on their way around the country surfing. Geoff was so good to me, I rolled out the red carpet. Really good guys. That was the old days. Some people weren't happy, the guys were aware, good guys. No soft cocks, especially one, pete, no baloney, no need or reason for him to ever step backwards, no way he would. A few interesting scenarios unfolded around the place. He straightened things out quickly.

I had to surf early and late, so would tune them where to go. First day, they'd just come from western vic, competent surfers. We went out before dark, tide draining, I was stoked they would get some waves. Surfed by moonlight for a while. They were pretty shocked. For a few weeks I would surf early with them, then send them to some good surf. round them up to surf late, just us. No one around anywhere much then. Anywhere. They had a ball, and left. Geoff was stoked.

Hadn't seen or heard anything of them for years, when I went to Ballina for a while, I ran into one at Lennox, one at Angourie. It was a buzz catching up. They told me some classic stuff. They said they used to dread every surf at the crack of dawn, and dusk with me, and would pray for it to be flat, or fucked. Then they said they virtually never surfed anywhere I sent them, that they were constantly freaking that their car would blow up out in the middle of no where, and when they saw where I wanted them to surf, alone, they thought fuck that. They thought we were all crazy living there, so harsh, so full on, day after day. It was like that all up the coast. We were pissing ourselves about it.

Todd is the best I've seen. Azza was close, the kid, camster, one tooth. Junior T, arnie, you knew ferdy would go, but the other new guys charge. So many guns and legends have gone through. Now its easy though, it was even when they first came, they've got everything laid on. Todd cracked in the end. Just too much intensity, adrenaline day after day, just too much in the end he reckoned. Not like visiting, just charge, just take your chances then escape. The visitors all get the best day ever. But they don't. They come when the swell has changed. You actually feel the day it changes. Still I've seen some hideous floggings.

There were the real legends though, way back when it was at its harshest, hardest. One on a twinnie. Always first, before the sun. For ever. One a baker on a Clough single. Always wanted that bomb. A couple of other early ones. Camera's were banned. Really banned. That was enforced.

Imagine this blowie, soufl'e drivveling shit. I never saw anything remotely like that bullshit. I saw nothing like that. Nothing. Never once looked to my right and thought, nah, you go! Not one, none of them. Maybe I can't remember.

'Gimme more o' that ol' man nostalgia...'

So what about the sea dog? Les. He did good too. Always wondering, tombies... here? He spun out in the end. But there were reasons for that. Les got a dose of backstabbing reality. He reminded me of Nigel, the guy that helped Carrol so much. They couldn't really deal with that kind of stuff. They weren't equipped to cope, it ate them up. I used to try and talk them into letting it all slide. They drove themselves mad over backstabbing shit. No angels, but genuine guys, hardcore surfers.

WSL this, WSL that, hidden charge too hard swillnuts.

So what about the sea dog? Les. Fucking nothing here, on an Aussie surf site. Did you spend much time with him shats? He bent over backwards and really helped that twinnie guy become a shaper. He got such a buzz out of that. I had some really good waves with Les. When he was fun. Before he cracked. The sea dog.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 9:21pm

I enjoy these, keep em coming herc

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 9:37pm

Are you guys for real or just a contrived manifestation or infestation so be it, to keep people caught up in a swellnet drama? Is Herc really Alf from home and away? Is blowin really a bloody palm beach blow in? Is shatner really a star trek gas chamber instrument? Do I really know what I am posting? No, no, no. Bloody echoes. Stay tuned, same batty time, same batty channel. Post note, had good body surf caba today. Jbay winner were the waves. Two thumbs up.

Payp's picture
Payp's picture
Payp Friday, 21 Jul 2017 at 10:18pm

Futuristic? Funtastic?Spastic? maybe but I can see surfing coming to a crossroad at some point.Style will come back become more prominent in the water and on land.You can not disagree surfing, surf culture has been taken/directed down a path which is manufactured towards mass acceptence hence the circus trick's.Surf culture is on the nose to some and I am one which is inclined to be in that camp.Grom's being trained up to join the circus/circuit at all level's with a small amount getting a gig with "Circus de Solis" while most are barely good enough for "The Bird Circus" what camp are you in? "The moral majority " or "Surf culture has sucked since the inception of the Bronze Aussie's"

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Saturday, 22 Jul 2017 at 9:38am

If you want to see how far surfing has come from 1984 check out this clip with a red hot Occy and a ? Richard Cram.

Occy looks fluid and does some nice moves. But Cram's stiff armed wiggle is ???????

Early Occy, Curren, Potter, Carrol stands the test of time but some other pros back then were not nearly as good as the photos in the magazines suggested.

Just like my own surfing - the best stills look pretty good but the videos are mostly a sobering experience.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 22 Jul 2017 at 10:16am

@Frog a lot of the progression comes down to board design, if you go back to around early 90's when boards went from V to concave's you will see a huge jump in the standard of surfing, go watch Kelly Slater in Black and White on youtube, the surfing he is doing although getting close to 30 years old is still amazing, fast and loose and would still get high scores.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Saturday, 22 Jul 2017 at 11:09am

yeah Indo i agree and his style was better back then IMO,maybe the longer boards but less arm waving but still really good compared to now.

Shatner'sBassoon Saturday, 22 Jul 2017 at 11:46am

Hey Payp, I saw THE Bird Circus! Gold!

Great post too, Herc.

SA great.

Frog, Cram in the credits of Performers II (I think) is unreal.

Another thing, an obvious thing, comp surfing ain't free surfing.

Having said that, and apropos of fuck all, did the current pro surfing era start to really rot at the great Cloudbreak pike-out a coupla years back?

I reckon pro surfing as we know it, as we knew it, is going, going, gone.

Shatner'sBassoon Saturday, 22 Jul 2017 at 11:53am

Good riddance?

Shatner'sBassoon Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 1:41pm

Some prescient Turkey!

"The circus moves on and the dogs are still barking and yapping and sniffing each other...till Monday at least. At best.

Onwards and...I was gonna say upwards...but...yeah, nah...

Onwards and onwards!

Yeeeeeew!"

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 1:54pm

Having been there Shats, any thoughts on the contest?

Did you enjoy it?

Shatner'sBassoon Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 1:55pm

I was looking for something about the passing of the great Conrad Canha - VALE! - that isn't behind Warshaw's pay-wall, and I found this...

TOM CURREN: Jeffreys Bay, 1992
By Derek Hynd

The trouble with perfect alignment of surfer, wave, and cinematographer was highlighted in May of 1992 when Tom Curren’s hallowed “first ride at J-Bay” simply was not documented. Fifty years in the future, the now infamous film of the rider/wave will intrigue the same way, but it’ll still be the second wave that will be studied in awe.

Tom’s arrival at J-Bay that year was arguably the most anticipated moment in surf history. Could there be a greater vicarious surfing rush than the world’s best surfer at the world’s best pointbreak? Big call of course…there had been Gerry or the other Tom during their respective primes paddling out at solid Pipe, Simon Anderson likewise during his incredible test paddle-out at big Bells aboard the early Thruster. Tom and Occy’s paddle-outs behind the pier at the OP Pro had, in themselves, set some sort of compounding phenomenon. Maybe even Duke in December 1914 riding to shore as a large chunk of Sydney lined Freshwater Beach in anticipation of the greatest athlete on Earth walking on water.

The timing, linkage, style, and drive of Curren at J-Bay would be second to none. American surf fans alone willed it so. The last peg was gaping; they just needed Tom to show up.

Tom had missed the legendary 1984 swell at J-Bay, which was noted for the arrival of Mark Occhilupo and the swan song of Simon Anderson. Curren remained in Durban to get set for the upcoming larger events. It was regarded as a decent tactical ploy until the waves actually arrived. Thus, he lost his shot to elevate his surfing to never-before-seen levels. For Tom, years would pass before Jeffreys Bay came back onto the horizon. Rip Curl’s The Search campaign was developed primarily to give Tom any shot he wanted at any location, hoping that consumers would dig the vicarious rush.

He’d come away from Haleiwa six months before having hit a mark there that would likely never be surpassed. It was the best possible way to bow out of competition. The Search now afforded him indulgence in waves of freesurfing fancy.

Tom was on song as The Search started. Its first stab, a Canary Islands trip with Jeff Hornbaker as cinematographer, highlighted a few hiccups—personality clashes, the star’s tendency to miss flights, and his less-than-average quiver.

Veteran shaper Mark Rabbidge was inserted as a new variable to remedy the problem. The design Rabbidge ultimately created for Curren to ride in South Africa was based on his observations of Curren’s surfing during an epic 1990 season. The basic dimensions were 6’6″× 18 1/2″× 2 1/4″.

Tom was due to hit J-Bay for the May full moon. Just about every surfer who knew what was in the wind believed it would be the greatest display by a natural footer there, surpassing Terry Fitzgerald and Shaun Tomson whose high-watermark had never been categorically challenged. Rabbidge was sure that an evolved design under Tom’s feet would produce the right reactive first touch. Knowing the likely reality of Tom arriving late and without much in the way of boards, the 6’6″ Rabbidge was the agreed board for the occasion, colored in tribute to Tom’s yellow-railed Cole from Haleiwa.

As expected, Tom was late. He missed two days of the best J-Bay seen in a long time. Boneyards all the way down the line, the type of surf that doesn’t happen much anymore, went begging as flight after flight was missed, including one when Maurice Cole exited a French airport as Tom entered. The odds were insanely long, but apparently the sudden chat about great surf in France led to another plug pulled. If ever there was an easy stream of flights, here they were—no time difference involved, a night flight, a quick connection from Johannesburg, and an arrival at prime time for the renowned afternoon light.

At 2 p.m. on May 28, 1992, there was no sign of Tom. The swell was dropping. The flight from Johannesburg had landed at noon. The only word coming down from France was that this time he’d boarded the first of his flights. Twenty minutes later, he walked onto the front lawn of Cheron Kraak’s hallowed home above the Supers takeoff. He was with cinematographer Sonny Miller and second camera Tommy De Soto. The board was handed to him. Less than 10 minutes passed before the paddle-out. Miller gave De Soto the key role of capturing the length of the ride down the point. I butted in and asked the ultra modest and soft-spoken De Soto to be on the beach before Tom in order to document the rock hop and paddle out through the gully. The way the swell was ebbing, there were maybe five or six sets left before it died completely.

Cut to the beach and De Soto. No time for formalities. He got set up in time, did the 16mm load and lock, had Tom perfectly framed, flicked the switch, and…a disconcerting sound of tape being chewed as Tom made his way out. Miller’s main man hadn’t ever loaded this type of camera before. By now, with Tom outside and waiting for the wave during a lull and the cameraman too far away from anyone to call for help, he was in the type of hole that a person in his line of work might consider dire. The set came. Not a big one, but Tom took off. De Soto was still trying to figure out the loading. Some bozo dropped in on Tom, so Tom flicked straight off.

If ever there was a welcome bad act, this was it, for precious time was bought. A bigger set swung in immediately and Tom’s innate understanding of the lineup put him in perfect position. De Soto shut the camera and said his prayers as the ride began. No strange sounds. No chewing. Smooth running. It would be far and away the most professional of shots that De Soto would manage on the trip. Indeed, so good that the slight movement as he takes a breath halfway though the ride stands out like dog’s balls on a canary.

The ride itself was as expected: perfect. As good as anyone had ever ridden Supertubes. A piece of cake for a genius who had probably mind surfed the wave 100 times. Rabbidge’s untested board had the miracle touch just like certain Merricks and Coles did, with the type of accelerated release that was Curren’s hallmark on top-tier equipment. The board, indeed a one-off as shaper and surfer did not again link up, put Tom in the zone off the first bottom drive. It stands as one of the best boards ever built for J-Bay with the proof being the way the wave was ridden—style, substance, and variation. One can also appreciate the master working out the board as he powered down the line. It is perhaps the only ride worth studying for surfers of any level.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 2:02pm

Great read.

Shatner'sBassoon Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 2:19pm

Zen, enjoyed the waves. Of course. Amped to go again.

Enjoyed some of the surfing.

Competition, not really. Shits me more than it doesn't, actually.

Shatner'sBassoon Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 2:20pm

Maybe a bit strong there. Pretty ambivalent a better reaction?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 2:24pm

When a Comp is staged in fun waves it's just worthwhile to see great surfers rip it apart ( semi ) live from the comfort of your living room. Especially when it goes down during Oz's night time .

Don't you think ?

Shatner'sBassoon Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 2:51pm

Dunno. I try and stay away from the internet out of office hours.

Don't do Foxtel either.

Having said that, I do like to watch my footy team kick arse though (other team's as well as the friggin' umpire's this week!) round a mate's specifically set-up viewing 'safe space'.

We even watched some of the previously recorded surfing at half-time.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 3:04pm

You in the SW Shatner ?

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 4:01pm

As intimated elsewhere, this guy is the WSL claims coach?

Shatner'sBassoon Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 4:07pm

Do you partake on BeachGrit, Turkey?

Hilarious.

A few blokes I know claim to have some 'sweet feet'...

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 4:19pm

Classic! The highly trained reflex claim! Next they'll need a red mistin (rising from the back of that steamin' red neck) bullshittin', drivelin', doubledeckin' bone crunchin' switchfootin' coach.

Speaking of switchin' mists and the little ausiie bleeder, drivelin', bullshittin', good 'ol swilnuttin' doubledecker blowie.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 4:54pm

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 4:43pm

Go the net you lil' red mistin (rising from the back of that steamin' red neck) bullshittin', drivelin', doubledeckin' bone crunchin' switchfootin' bullshitter!

You never go though, in the real world, do ya, ya lil' red mistin (rising from the back of that steamin' red neck) bullshittin', drivelin', doubledeckin' bone crunchin' switchfootin' bullshitter!!!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 4:53pm

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 5:14pm

The Elliston " real world "

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 5:37pm

Ho Hum. Gonna self-omit this one too, Blowie?

Poor form, piker.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 5:26pm

No chance.

You want to talk baseless shit you've got to wear a bit of truth in return.

He can go play with his train set if he needs to get over it.

Silly old cunt.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 5:39pm

Another thing. Your switch-footing claims/pics? That you, hey?

How are you bald(ing) and stocky in one set and luxuriously coiffured in the other?

What the fuck?? What's the age difference there? The year gap?

Board-wise, hmmmm. Does it compute?

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 5:29pm

Go the net you lil' red mistin (rising from the back of that steamin' red neck) bullshittin', drivelin', doubledeckin' bone crunchin' switchfootin' bullshitter!

You never go though, in the real world, do ya blowie, ya lil' red mistin (rising from the back of that steamin' red neck) bullshittin', drivelin', doubledeckin' bone crunchin' switchfootin' bullshitter!!!

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 5:38pm

Oh dear, I can feel some self-omission coming on...AGAIN.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 6:50pm

"So what about the sea dog? Les. Fucking nothing here, on an Aussie surf site. Did you spend much time with him shats? He bent over backwards and really helped that twinnie guy become a shaper. He got such a buzz out of that. I had some really good waves with Les. When he was fun. Before he cracked. The sea dog."

I had a few run ins with Les. He let me know, in no uncertain terms, that there was no easy shot, no free lunch, no shortcuts.
RIP Les. I only found out the other day he passed.

Always remember him hanging on the front of that shit brown holden he had.....and fuck he gave me a hard time.
He was the real deal.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 24 Jul 2017 at 7:29pm

Bald ?

My hair is white blonde and the sun is reflecting off it . Two different boards - yeah , hard to imagine huh ?

Probably a couple of years gap in the photos.

I can't believe that you're flabbergasted by a couple of bog standard cutties and a top turn cause it's switch. Just cause you can't do it doesn't make it impossible or even hard.

Fuck , if I can do it anyone can.

And you'd think that if it wasn't me then someone would put their hand up and identify who it was ....just like we did with the silly old cunt's Margo photo.

The three of you can go fuck yourselves actually- Herc , Turkey and Shatner.

Don't believe a word I say if you don't want to. I didn't think anything I claim to have done is so especially radical or unbelievable that you'd doubt it. Maybe your lives are so dull and mundane that it it just seems that way ?

I suppose Herc works under fluorescent lights , pointlessly lifting up bits of metal all day and every story he's got refers to someone else's antics or ability . Except for the fact he brags about surfing the same break for decades and never mastered it.

What's your excuse , Turkey ?