Easiest place in the world to get barrelled

Shorey's picture
Shorey started the topic in Saturday, 13 Jun 2015 at 11:41am

As a weekend warrior in my 40's in Victoria and emerging on the mid life crisis it just dawned on me recently how few barrels I've had in my surfing life and geez did it get me down! Working too much and looking after kids one of which has a disability surfing has got me through some tough times but now I want more, I want barrels before I do my knee or back or something!

So instead of buying sports car, wearing gold chains and going nightclubbing I've decided my mid life crisis is going to be planning some surf trips in the coming years and making it a priority to get barrelled!!

The question is where are the easiest spots in the world to get barrelled? As a weekend warrior and a natural footer desert point doesn't really spring to mind or 8 foot cloubreak but there must be some surf spots more user friendly than others. I'm not well travelled so would love any advice from those who have experienced some good barrels in their travels.

So if you have any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks very much..

Shorey's picture
Shorey's picture
Shorey Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 12:58pm

Cheers stunet I've got to have a crack at aussie pipe either way someday I've always wanted to. I hear what you're saying though..and I think blowin's advice is crystal clear, I've been to bali twice and lembongan once and you get a red hot go at getting tubed and I've loved every minute of all of the trips.

Got to get out into some good indo breaks though if I go there on my next trip that's why I asked the question on this forum. I don't want to book some good looking boat trip and rock up to the hardest break in indo just want to navigate which breaks may best suit, etc thanks for your advice..

Shorey's picture
Shorey's picture
Shorey Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 1:05pm
yocal wrote:

Easiest place to get barreled in the whole world is from behind the peak. If you take off there you will find barrels everywhere my mexican friend!

Thanks yocal well said mate cheers to that I will make that my mantra mate..

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 1:08pm

Shorey
- Does an easy barrel mean to you an easily make-able barrel, or an easy barrel to pull into? Or are you especially asking to learn about a region where someone has gone and got lots of barrels due to low crowds?

Need to narrow down your question a bit or you will continue to get the above sarcastic responses.

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 1:09pm
Shorey wrote:
yocal wrote:

Easiest place to get barreled in the whole world is from behind the peak. If you take off there you will find barrels everywhere my mexican friend!

Thanks yocal well said mate cheers to that I will make that my mantra mate..

Haha no probs. They might even start appearing at your local!

Shorey's picture
Shorey's picture
Shorey Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 1:29pm

Cheers yocal easy to pull into and make mate and crowd factor as well and just general advice from anyone who has done trips. Not that worried about the sarcastic responses if I get some good information from good well travelled surfers. I appreciate those good guys taking the time to write good responses mate thanks.

a360's picture
a360's picture
a360 Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 1:46pm

went to Pohnpei a few years back on my mid life crisis trip , P-Pass no crowds and when under 6' tubes are not an issue to find and pretty user friendly over 6' is another matter all together.

Shoulder season would be best so Oct/Nov Feb/March

http://www.pohnpeisurfclub.com/

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 1:48pm
Shorey wrote:

Cheers Shaun why not have a crack up at the gold coast I'm definitely up for it..by the way not worried about southy..yes the internet has a lot to answer for..

Don't take any notice of southy or morris, you do realize it is the same guy posting under two names, southy is morris's yes man, he has no friends so he had to invent one, pathetic.

What happened on saturday southy? Got something to brag about.

Shorey's picture
Shorey's picture
Shorey Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 1:55pm

Haha shaun but trust me mate I'm not worried but thanks. I surfed west coast twice last week which was good so on the weekend I did stuff with my kids mate. I'm not much into bragging..

Shorey's picture
Shorey's picture
Shorey Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 2:01pm

Faark thanks a360 looks very cool I'm trying to work but I'll be looking at that website for a while this afternoon mate..cheers thanks that is awesome

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 2:56pm
shaun wrote:
Shorey wrote:

Cheers Shaun why not have a crack up at the gold coast I'm definitely up for it..by the way not worried about southy..yes the internet has a lot to answer for..

Don't take any notice of southy or morris, you do realize it is the same guy posting under two names, southy is morris's yes man, he has no friends so he had to invent one, pathetic.

What happened on saturday southy? Got something to brag about.

Nothing happened Shaun , nothing that needs to be shared in these walls .

Shorey , don't go shoulder season to P-Pass . Do what i did , give everyone their xmas present early and make sure your there between Xmas and New Year . Slowest crowd in peak season .
Beware though Allois's impression of Victorians are that they drink all his beer when its flat/fishing , and snap/crease all his boards when its pumping .... hahaha
Sorry Allois' will catch you again some day . ;-)

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 3:33pm

Quote Southey
"nothing happened shaun"

ahem that's not quiet true, ive seen the evidence

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 3:57pm

If it's not on swellnet it didn't happen

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 4:07pm

Either way Goofy , you shall take that to the grave ! ;-)
I felt QUITE bad not getting you a B'Day present . You alone are the captive audience of a place that does not exist .

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 4:44pm

Got no idea what happened on satday, not in the state, l'm in the bay of six C's
;-)

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 5:14pm

It's okay , Ive found out on Facebook, a wave accidently barreled in Victoria

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 5:39pm

And your having a go at me for being HypoKryptic . :-))

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 5:40pm

Stu , just put messages back on this site will ya . saves us ' smasshing ' threads .

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 5:43pm

It's on the to do list Southey. Don't ask where on the list it is but it's on there.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 5:59pm

Good it would be handy to pm morris, so i can quietly tell him hes a wanker, sometimes publicly berating a dickhead like morris doesn't have the desired affect

charles-barkley's picture
charles-barkley's picture
charles-barkley Monday, 15 Jun 2015 at 6:06pm

There were some barrels in fiji today, perhaps you should go there