Boardcollector Board Swap Avalon
The Boardcollector Surf Swap is on again. This time at Avalon Beach on Sunday the 9th of April. The event will kick off at 9am in Dunbar Park and run through till 9pm in the Avalon Bowling Club.
More than just a board swap, there'll be an array of activities including:
- STAB Magazine Filmlyfe Film festival. Held on the green of the Avalon Bowling Club, STAB will be showing some rare gems from their archive.
- Talks by by Nick Carroll (on Hawaiian guns) and Stu Nettle (history of channel bottoms) with guest MC Luke Kenedy, Editor of Tracks.
- Inside the bowling club there will be films and talks with Phil Jarratt in the bar and chill out area.
- The green will feature gourmet food stalls and will be licenced for you to enjoy the films with some tasty suds from local micro breweries.
- Antiques Roadshow-style appraisals where people can bring down mystery boards and have them appraised on shape, design, and provenance. They'll also estimate market value.
- 'Show and Shine' with 100+ vintage surfboards on display. There'll be wooden tooth picks from the 1930’s, Miget Farrelly’s personal riders, Hawaiian big wave guns, 70s single fins and twin fins right through to 80s thrusters, quads, and Lazor Zaps. Bit of everything really.
- Pre-1990 surfboards for sale and swap. The best part of every surf swap is the chance to pick up a new vintage stick or clean out the garage and turn the clutter into cash.
- 'The cutting edge' - new surfboards and contemporary surfboard shapers.
- 50+ stalls showcasing the best of the Northern Beaches. Local photographers, local artists, local clothing, and accessories stalls. Coffee, food, craft beer, and wine.