what ya drinking

rasda's picture
rasda started the topic in Tuesday, 1 Mar 2011 at 1:18am

johnnie walker double black for my double birthday yesterday

anyone tried ginger tequila cocktailImage

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Friday, 19 Aug 2022 at 8:45pm

“Just had a Black Hops Chair Force One which was rather tasty. Stout with coffee and chocolate.”

Sounds intriguing & tasty Andy! Cheers.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 19 Aug 2022 at 8:49pm
Rabbits68 wrote:

“Just had a Black Hops Chair Force One which was rather tasty. Stout with coffee and chocolate.”

Sounds intriguing & tasty Andy! Cheers.

Very tasty.
Have not had a bad Black Hops beer ..

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Friday, 19 Aug 2022 at 8:54pm

“Thus we were put onto the joys of CUB's finest and haven't looked back. Tastes as good as anything the local micro-breweries can concoct and being one third the price means we can drink four times as much.”

I like the sound of a quality, well priced stout. Will also investigate this. Cheers Stu.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Friday, 19 Aug 2022 at 9:12pm

If in Vic, MP area, there are a couple of local rippers, Boatrocker Stout and Dainton Mocha Espresso. Bright Brewery chocolate stout is also A+.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 19 Aug 2022 at 9:46pm
zenagain wrote:

Ha Facto, you just gave me a very fond memory.

My very dear friend and now ex-wife bought a large house in the leafy North Shore of Sydney and I rented a room from them for a few years. Anyway, most of our free time was him and I and her dad renovating- paving, painting, landscaping etc. And during that time we sank copious amounts of piss, carton after carton of beer, dozens of bottles of wine.

I remember the garbo would come once a week and the recycling truck every second. Kuringai council gave every house a black plastic tub to put your bottles and cans in and you'd leave it out the front on the nature strip. The recycling truck would come around 4:30 - 5:00 am and you'd hear it making its way up the street stopping at each house. In the distance you'd hear kish, kish, kish growing a little bit louder each time it got closer to our place. I remember lying in bed just giggling to myself when it stopped out the front of ours. I swear for what seemed like five minutes it was just KISH, KISH, KISH, KISH, KISH, KISH, KISH dumping boxes and boxes of empties in the truck. God knows what the neighbours thought? Then it would finally drive away stopping at each single house as one kish per house faded into the dawn.

Good times- my mate and i still laugh about that. Sadly his harpy of an ex took the house. Place is worth millions now.

Just saw this.
Classic story. Talk of the street I’d guess. Is his harpy of an ex your ex also? I’m confused!

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 19 Aug 2022 at 10:10pm

Anyone a fan of Killkenny's stout?
My friend in Gracetown loves and swears by it but im a bit worried i'll hate it, love a stout though, even sometimes a Guinness occasionally.

On the heinekens again today, gave up my beer free diet as things are getting boring here without surf lots of rain,wind, getting bored of computer games and music..No fishing rod etc.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 19 Aug 2022 at 10:25pm

I like it but it’s not a stout. It’s a red ale. Also it’s creamy head just like Guinness cans or on tap is from gassing with with Nitrogen gas instead of CO2. Smooth, creamy, less gassy and less bitter.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 19 Aug 2022 at 10:53pm

Seeds, my best mates ex-wife, not my ex. Amazing artist, awful person.

Probs coulda been clearer on that initially.

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Friday, 19 Aug 2022 at 10:55pm

Yeah Kilkenny is creamy and goes down better than Guinness I reckon.

Coopers stout I'm not a fan of, even ice cold which normally makes any beer good.

I always end up going back to Tooheys Old. I can drink it any time of year. And it's the only beer I can drink if not ice cold.

Furphy tins were going down well for quite a while, until the last slab. Just wasn't the same

tip-top1's picture
tip-top1's picture
tip-top1 Saturday, 20 Aug 2022 at 6:52am
mitchvg wrote:

Yeah Kilkenny is creamy and goes down better than Guinness I reckon.

Coopers stout I'm not a fan of, even ice cold which normally makes any beer good.

I always end up going back to Tooheys Old. I can drink it any time of year. And it's the only beer I can drink if not ice cold.

Furphy tins were going down well for quite a while, until the last slab. Just wasn't the same

cant beat an ice cold schooner of black and tan

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 20 Aug 2022 at 7:45am
groundswell wrote:

Anyone a fan of Killkenny's stout?
My friend in Gracetown loves and swears by it but im a bit worried i'll hate it, love a stout though, even sometimes a Guinness occasionally.

On the heinekens again today, gave up my beer free diet as things are getting boring here without surf lots of rain,wind, getting bored of computer games and music..No fishing rod etc.

Why no indo trip groundy ? Looks like more of the same next year , go do a 6 month trip and just surf , won’t be long before you’re match fit

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Saturday, 20 Aug 2022 at 11:58am

I'd love to just cant risk losing my apartment with no places available anywhere and can't afford to pay rent for six months and indo too.
Maybe if i move back over east or live with my mum or buy a van like Udo recommended and live in that while in oz.Looks like they're putting my rent up in six months or kicking me out either way is fine.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 6 Sep 2022 at 12:35pm
DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 6 Sep 2022 at 12:48pm

Mahal!

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 6 Sep 2022 at 2:25pm

Ali baba brewing company.

I'm on my last can of Canadian club and cola before giving up the turps again.
Love Canadian club but $93 a case is way too much.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022 at 11:10pm

Scrap that, bought a sixy of Killkenny's, finally get to try it out. Pretty nice and i was truly wrong about calling it a stout before.
I'm no wine or alcohol connoisseur who knows all the types of taste descriptions(or with weed) but i will try it again some day.

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022 at 11:18pm

Great Stout to try GS.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022 at 11:46pm

Thanks Sprout, will ask one of the local Bottle shops to order some in!

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Saturday, 7 Jan 2023 at 12:27am

I'm loving the Beenleigh Double Cask 5 Blend Rum at the mo. $47 from Father Dans.
I drink it with a soda and a dash of Bickfords Lime.
Dubbed the Skinny Pirate.
Can you believe the tall ship day's British tars were issued with half a pint of rum and 4 quarts of beer per day!
No wonder they kept falling out of the rigging.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Saturday, 7 Jan 2023 at 7:43am

A good Negroni. Arguably the best cocktail the world, and very easy to make (1/3 Gin, 1/3 Campari, 1/3 sweet dark Vermouth). Pour in a good glass over a large ice cube, then stir to mix.

crg's picture
crg's picture
crg Saturday, 7 Jan 2023 at 8:10am

Strangely enough IB I have just finished one...don't forget a solid slice of orange rind too...

Stuart Lickspittler's picture
Stuart Lickspittler Saturday, 7 Jan 2023 at 8:22am

I recommend the Long Island Iced Teas at the Elliston pub.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Saturday, 7 Jan 2023 at 12:18pm

Only 9:06am here but just cracked a Heineken..Maybe my fave beer for a reasonable price...Also i named a surf spot after the Heineken bottles colour as the water changes from clear blue to bright green as waves tube turns green over the light bright green seaweed on the last tube section...Long walk and never seen it above 4 foot on a day they surfed a certain bombie at over 20 foot...But first time i went there on a small day thought maybe somewhere here has potential...Forgot all about it till went back on way to a more known spot with a mate and sure enough a spot i forgot all about checking before was now pumping two - three seconds tubes in a row..Called it heineken point as we shared a six pack to share after the wind went too south.
I know exactly when to go there now but rare days, maybe twice a year.Shits on cape solander the over hyped, too slabby and too backwashy piece of shit wave no bra boy seems to get deep enough on.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Saturday, 7 Jan 2023 at 6:48pm
groundswell wrote:

Only 9:06am here but just cracked a Heineken..Maybe my fave beer for a reasonable price...Also i named a surf spot after the Heineken bottles colour as the water changes from clear blue to bright green as waves tube turns green over the light bright green seaweed on the last tube section...Long walk and never seen it above 4 foot on a day they surfed a certain bombie at over 20 foot...But first time i went there on a small day thought maybe somewhere here has potential...Forgot all about it till went back on way to a more known spot with a mate and sure enough a spot i forgot all about checking before was now pumping two - three seconds tubes in a row..Called it heineken point as we shared a six pack to share after the wind went too south.
I know exactly when to go there now but rare days, maybe twice a year.Shits on cape solander the over hyped, too slabby and too backwashy piece of shit wave no bra boy seems to get deep enough on.

Groundswell. Hope you are well over there, been pretty hot of late. How’s that food/nutrition plan going ? Looks like you are keeping your liquids up !!!

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Sunday, 8 Jan 2023 at 10:15pm

Not drinking anymore, but in my day i favored Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter. Anything by Sam Smith's is well done.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Monday, 9 Jan 2023 at 12:52am

Coopers stout. Every day of the week, except the next 51 weeks...starting now :D

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Monday, 9 Jan 2023 at 9:23am
AlfredWallace][quote=groundswell wrote:

Groundswell. Hope you are well over there, been pretty hot of late. How’s that food/nutrition plan going ? Looks like you are keeping your liquids up !!!

Hey Alfred have mainly been eating chicken- "wing dings" which i love and havent been ordering in healthy food from Gero for a while so my beer gut is coming back even though i do at least 20 situps a day- not much but lost motivation for them.
Back drinking orange juice and water most days but often drink a few beers or jim beam and cokes- suger free.
Lost 15 kilos but still not fit enough to surf the raw winter swells here over 4 foot or get to my feet at my fave booger/expert standup wave.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 9 Jan 2023 at 3:03pm

Bully Big Bro is staying over for a few days > weeks > Months ....he'll let tbb know!
Luvs Gold Medal Wines...blows a fortune each night...luvs it!
Anyhow...pointed out the usual o/n Dregz in the Wine Glass on the floor as being...
...You know! Cockroach Bait.

Says he'll sort it...fair enough!
This is how a Bully Big Bro sorts his drinking problem...
The next evening the o/n Dregz ...from his & pet cockroach don't go to waste!

Of course not...Big bro is so caring & thoughtful.
This most finest expensive drool is regurgitated as Secret Sauce for his little Bro's meal.
Goes down a treat with his Green Mouldy bread...

So how does this affect one's health...
tbb's blood pressure went thru the roof...up 30 points..
Doc prescribed Meds & tbb sat shocked & tried to stall....but wait for this...
GP says he only prescribes 1 Tab /day > Global Med shortage led to Chemist Prescribing 1/2 tab day?
Only...no one told tbb of Drug Shortage altering the script!
Exactly! tbb has been taking one tiny pill a day as GP said...can't do any harm...

GP also booked tbb for internal Organs check (Ultrasound)
You know with fasting...
Day 4 of overdosing & fasting on double meds tbb was collapsing in the Clinic.
After 30 rounds of Holding one's breath for tests ...Dizzy / Week at the knees & couldn't stand up!
tbb laughed it off as a thing us Hodads do...
Big bro asked how tbb was...Totally gone for good!

Only the next day got worse...totally zonked with Psych / Muscle / Acid Drug brew going off the charts.
Everything (All meds) were ramping & tbb was fading...
Bro informed of his dose of BP tabs...Went looking for tbb's Drug pack! (Looking as in stoned!)

Only then realized that Drug Shortage applied to tbb's pack ( Split dose > 1/2 tab/day) Fuck!

Tried going cold turkey & every pain in the world come upon my body..
Went about 36 hours before shakes set in ...like an addict. Took the Half Dose...
No idea of BP or when to restart regular 1/2 Meds ...going off the get a BP Test somewhere & soon.
No fucking idea on what's goin' or if tomorrow comes, well apart from Tonite's Posh Menu! Cheers!
Yes! Having dreams of dying...tbb now thinks that's a vital sign!

Just saying to pass on the "Warning!" During current Drug Shortage...This is very real...
Check yer Kids / Mums Script as to GP prescribed Pack Doses...
Chemist did loosely inform of Across the board shortage but not "Verbally" on change to tbb's Pack !
Somehow tbb thinks many are overdosing & going under the radar...Good health to all!

JaJake's picture
JaJake's picture
JaJake Monday, 9 Jan 2023 at 3:14pm

root beer! No Barqs 'round here only the real deal

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Monday, 9 Jan 2023 at 3:55pm
truebluebasher wrote:

Bully Big Bro is staying over for a few days > weeks > Months ....he'll let tbb know!
Luvs Gold Medal Wines...blows a fortune each night...luvs it!
Anyhow...pointed out the usual o/n Dregz in the Wine Glass on the floor as being...
...You know! Cockroach Bait.

Says he'll sort it...fair enough!
This is how a Bully Big Bro sorts his drinking problem...
The next evening the o/n Dregz ...from his & pet cockroach don't go to waste!

Of course not...Big bro is so caring & thoughtful.
This most finest expensive drool is regurgitated as Secret Sauce for his little Bro's meal.
Goes down a treat with his Green Mouldy bread...

So how does this affect one's health...
tbb's blood pressure went thru the roof...up 30 points..
Doc prescribed Meds & tbb sat shocked & tried to stall....but wait for this...
GP says he only prescribes 1 Tab /day > Global Med shortage led to Chemist Prescribing 1/2 tab day?
Only...no one told tbb of Drug Shortage altering the script!
Exactly! tbb has been taking one tiny pill a day as GP said...can't do any harm...

GP also booked tbb for internal Organs check (Ultrasound)
You know with fasting...
Day 4 of overdosing & fasting on double meds tbb was collapsing in the Clinic.
After 30 rounds of Holding one's breath for tests ...Dizzy / Week at the knees & couldn't stand up!
tbb laughed it off as a thing us Hodads do...
Big bro asked how tbb was...Totally gone for good!

Only the next day got worse...totally zonked with Psych / Muscle / Acid Drug brew going off the charts.
Everything (All meds) were ramping & tbb was fading...
Bro informed of his dose of BP tabs...Went looking for tbb's Drug pack! (Looking as in stoned!)

Only then realized that Drug Shortage applied to tbb's pack ( Split dose > 1/2 tab/day) Fuck!

Tried going cold turkey & every pain in the world come upon my body..
Went about 36 hours before shakes set in ...like an addict. Took the Half Dose...
No idea of BP or when to restart regular 1/2 Meds ...going off the get a BP Test somewhere & soon.
No fucking idea on what's goin' or if tomorrow comes, well apart from Tonite's Posh Menu! Cheers!
Yes! Having dreams of dying...tbb now thinks that's a vital sign!

Just saying to pass on the "Warning!" During current Drug Shortage...This is very real...
Check yer Kids / Mums Script as to GP prescribed Pack Doses...
Chemist did loosely inform of Across the board shortage but not "Verbally" on change to tbb's Pack !
Somehow tbb thinks many are overdosing & going under the radar...Good health to all!

Holy crap TBB thats heavy hope everything works out for you..Not so happy new year aye?
Hope 2023 doesn't have much more of that stuff happening to you.

I once read a prescribed medication to me as take 2 100mg or whatever it was each day or something along those lines around 2004--- sort of long time ago so cant remember, but wording on box wasn't clear so double dosed accidentally...Ended up my jaw wouldn't open to speak and face muscles were locked.
Went to hospital and they saw "oh you read dosage wrong and we can see why"...Anyway hope you get well.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 9 Jan 2023 at 7:58pm

Cheers groundswell...Yes! Mixing / Fasting / Dehydration will also bring on an Overdose!
tbb reported last Xmas Od on Panadol in similar fashion...slurring words & collapsing!

Today...Went to the clinic bay as said ...BP was up another 20 points to 180.
Thankfully tbb's doc caught wind & intervened & confiscated the messed up Pack.
Prescribed another Brand...all sorted...Huh!

Went to the Chemist..."Sorry! All out of that one...due to the Drug shortage?"
Said no worries ...only then realized the Doc binned the other pack...Oh Shit!
So...hangin' out for a fix...try again tomorrow...just repeating that the drug shortage is very real.

tbb can only get 3/5 prescribed drugs! Reckon that's better than most!
Hopefully only until tomorrow...was the feedback!
Crew can see that some are on no drugs & others drop double doses of odd supply!

Some say the Drug shortage goes on until end of Jan...others say March!
Researching if the Panadol scare was to preserve packs before the Global Crisis hit!
Maybe report back on another forum...Happy Daze Crew!

PS : Soon be time to run Big Bro up to the Local for some more secret sauce!
Sciency Bro is keen on gettin' tbb vaxed...this is just his way of passing on his mRNA genes.
You'd think tbb was joking...all just a bad dream!
The Twilight Zone...always never wanted to be like my big brother! Tough Luck!
That's the Dinner Bell...gotta go!

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 5:07am
crg wrote:

Strangely enough IB I have just finished one...don't forget a solid slice of orange rind too...

Indeed. Dried ones are very nice, and you can eat them after finishing the Negroni. Yum!

Stuart Lickspittler Monday, 6 Feb 2023 at 12:33pm
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 16 Feb 2023 at 2:23pm

Ate out last night at a pretty average restaurant and drank some Great Northern mid strengths and today have what I think is a hangover (haven’t been much of a drinker for decades), sure enough the guy in the bottle shop assured me it would be the preservatives in the beer causing my grief.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 18 Feb 2023 at 6:58pm

Just opening up a can of my first self brewed batch. Daughter & boyfriend bought a brew your own session for me for Father's Day and we just got around to canning up today. Bit of fun, good chance to get to know the lad. Beer is quite drinkable, could do with more gas is my only complaint. 24.5 L to go!

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 18 Feb 2023 at 7:04pm

Great stuff there blackers. The boys reckon my home brewed beer tasted of armpit.

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Saturday, 18 Feb 2023 at 7:11pm

On my third white rabbit. https://whiterabbitbeer.com.au/our-beers/dark-ale/
Got a really nice rich flavour and now have a lovely beer buzz. Yum.
Home brewing is fun, but I'm crap at it.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 18 Feb 2023 at 7:21pm

Love that dark ale Icandig, it's a ripper. Keep your eyes open for their Easter special -Radiator stout.

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Saturday, 18 Feb 2023 at 7:47pm
blackers wrote:

Love that dark ale Icandig, it's a ripper. Keep your eyes open for their Easter special -Radiator stout.

Will do.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 18 Feb 2023 at 8:28pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

Great stuff there blackers. The boys reckon my home brewed beer tasted of armpit.

Cheers VJ. My youngest took a couple of cans to a party and the feedback has just come in as positive, no armpits. Woohoo!

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 10 Aug 2023 at 3:09pm

Been off the beers for a while now, feeling a lot better (and fitter!) as a result. Just having an occasional whiskey after dinner. And a lot of fizzy water (my Sodastream gets a good workout).

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 10 Aug 2023 at 3:43pm

Dropped a few kgs Ben ?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 10 Aug 2023 at 4:07pm

I bloody well hope so.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 10 Aug 2023 at 4:14pm

Friday night Banana Rum from Fiji Rum Co.
Just one after dinner on the rocks, tastes like an angels actually just urinated on my tongue

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Thursday, 10 Aug 2023 at 6:25pm

Angel Piss
1 part Canadian Whiskey
1 part Peach Liqueur

Shake in cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into shot glass and serve.

*Like many surfers looking for night jobs, I used to be a Drunks Labourer in my younger years.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Thursday, 10 Aug 2023 at 6:55pm
goofyfoot wrote:

Friday night Banana Rum from Fiji Rum Co.
Just one after dinner on the rocks, tastes like an angels actually just urinated on my tongue

The tipple to remind you of your recent holiday? Mine is a lychee martini….mmmm, nice. 2 parts vodka to 1 lychee liqueur.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 10 Aug 2023 at 7:15pm

You know it blackers..
Never tried a lychee martini, do you just get the liqueur from the bottle-o?
Is there only 1 flavour?

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Thursday, 10 Aug 2023 at 7:26pm
goofyfoot wrote:

You know it blackers..
Never tried a lychee martini, do you just get the liqueur from the bottle-o?
Is there only 1 flavour?

Keeps the dream alive. :)
Dan Murphy stocks a few varieties. Strangely enough we have found the cheapest one to be the nicest, but don’t think it matters. Use a good vodka, shaken with ice is good.

Nick Bone's picture
Nick Bone's picture
Nick Bone Thursday, 10 Aug 2023 at 8:34pm
thermalben wrote:

Just having an occasional whiskey after dinner.

slips into his robe with loafers and retreats through the twin solid oak sliding doors into a his den, dimly lit by a half dozen or so red gum logs, and proceeds to walk to the large, round, handcrafted mahogany table, to study the latest ASCAT images on paper that appears coffee stained and ripped on the edges, mulling over it with his whiskey in hand.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 6:42pm

Make mine a Double Fault Bernie'n'Tomic Thanx!

Crew pretty much know their Sleazy ID bracelet from a Sleazy Biker's Tattoo.
(Hint) Google Earth...Type in [Players Show Girls]
(see): Bernard likes Breakdancin' in this alley.

Back Story...Bernie just tanked so does wot Bernie does best...
Is this a new low for Low Life Bernard...has he reached the bottom of the glass yet?
Warning...Clip is a bit vicious!

https://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/footage-of-bernard-tomic-being-atta...