what ya drinking

rasda's picture
rasda started the topic in Tuesday, 1 Mar 2011 at 1:18am

johnnie walker double black for my double birthday yesterday

anyone tried ginger tequila cocktailImage

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 8:17am

For beer- Central City Red Racer IPA and for an Aperitif, Bloody Mary made on Absolut with a spicy pickle and pickled aparagus spear to gnaw on. Dash of Akvavit to give it a little extra zing.

Rarely drink these days but when i do, like to give it a nudge.

50young's picture
50young's picture
50young Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 8:23am

Water

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 8:28am

Did you know Albert Einstein wore the same set of clothes every day? Well, different clothes but the exact same style. Said he didn't want to waste brain power on wondering what to wear, but rather save it for creating nuclear fission and the like.

I'm the same when it comes to beer. When I go to the bottle-o I switch to autopilot, walk straight to the fridge that stores Squires Summer Ale and save my brain power for shit like surf trivia.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 8:51am

Must get beer...

(Zombie like trance)

Edit: And change filthy T-shirt.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 9:11am

I'll even drink Summer Ale in winter.

That's how much of a zombie I am.

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 9:42am

Beer Zombie... Hah hah we've all been there.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 12:34pm

Ron Zacapa on cold winter's night goes down nicely.

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 2:09pm

Stone RuinTen Triple IPA w/ Orange Peel & Vanilla Bean.
Not normally a fan of beers with any vanilla flavours but it's done really well, just lightly sweetens out the added citrus and 10.8%. Damn fine drop.

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 2:29pm

I'm drinking Professional Whey's Ausr WPC. Either mixed in Paris Creek full cream milk, or water, depending when I have it. I put blueberries and sometimes coconut oil, and sometimes a couple of raw eggs.

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 2:54pm

Some Stroh 80 would spice up that lil number, Herc.

thatguy's picture
thatguy's picture
thatguy Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 2:55pm

$5 Furphy pints at the local, good excuse to take the dogs for a walk.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 3:08pm

All this talk about different craft beers reminds me of my old neighbours Phil and Jean when I was kid. Phil was a brickie and worked 6 days per week up to the day he died in his late 60s. Built like a brick shithouse, lean and chiselled, not a gram of fat on him. Worked in shorts and boots in summer and added a singlet and flannie for winter. The only thing blacker than his skin was the massive blackheads on his cheeks and nose ..... anyway, there was only one beer for Phil and Jean and it was Melbourne Bitter. A dozen long necks a night. Nightly arguing and some nights the banging of plates, furniture and bodies. They were the nicest people sober but very ugly drunk. Scary for us kids. Don't think they would have cared for craft beer at all!

Shatner'sBassoon Sunday, 6 Aug 2017 at 1:33am

Melbs! Read me mind, Guy. Might be me next pint! Sparks first to get the heart started.

Speaking of MB, I'm with the Gull now sinking a coupla, Herc.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 5:24pm

Kinda hard to admit publicly, but Tooheys Old is a favourite around these parts.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 5:54pm

No shame there Ben, a bloody good beer when there really wasn't much competition in that area.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 6:06pm

Further to the beer zombie entries earlier on: all that time I've been drinking Squires Summer Ale, even making jokes about drinking it in winter, and the damn stuff isn't called Summer Ale at all. It's called Golden Ale.

Looks summery but.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 6:17pm

Picked up a 6 pack of XXXX bitter from a bottle shop well south of the QLD border the other day. The guy behind the counter , looking somewhat stunned ,asked me if I was going home to clean my driveway. He went on to say though, that XXXX Gold was outselling traditional local brews 4 to 1.. Personally though , I prefer a Coopers, red.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 6:19pm

good to see that saving all that brain power is working stu. ;)

......any good german wheat beer or hoppy belgium number to start with, then onto to old reliable carlton draft for the remainder.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 6:27pm

Sho chu, in small quantities! If you can find it.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Saturday, 5 Aug 2017 at 9:01am

Stumbled across this thread to find it was started 7 years ago where for the first 3 years people obviously drank, because they were commenting about it...Then suddenly it appears we all went sober 'not drinking anything' for the next 4 years Suddenly this month someone made a comment and everyone has started drinking again!
Keeping with the spirit of the thread, what yo is drinking is: (right now) Tooheys Blue, I mean New. (prefer) Coopers Green or Red - but not too many of em!
Moderation for the nation.
Cheers!
WoL

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 7:13pm

Ha, I can just imagine Gaul! No doubt he will end the night kerbside, parked out the front in one of his ever expanding fleet of vehicles. Ignoring the bloodcurdling latino screams coming from the house. Anyway you may be joined by visitors from SA was once great soon. Word has it that legends are fleeing the state in all directions, due to unpaid fines. And will the entertainment ever cease! I just literally bumped into another collapsed legend burly hulk of a man, the legendary 'peter pan' of surfing! When I picked him up, and dusted him off, I noticed a plaster on his arm and hand, which he was trying to conceal. He reluctantly informed me he's just been fitted out with a plastic knuckle joint, and is out of action. He, perhaps timmy turner like, claimed that the injury was the result of his stellar junior sporting career with the Anglesea Angels under 12's.

And don't let the guzzling, screeching gaul turn things into a clambake! People assume that that sort of thing, clambakes, only occur in the tropics. But they are famous up the coast! And if you imagine the following movie, although set in a desert surrounding, and although minus anything remotely resembling a female in it, or any where remotely in the vicinity, well, its a pretty much identical! Clambake!

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Friday, 4 Aug 2017 at 8:40pm

Nothin' wrong with a cold schooner of Old. Embrace it Ben.

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Saturday, 5 Aug 2017 at 3:14pm

I hope stones didn't lead you astray last night shats. Hopefully you haven't woken up and found yourself in Italy. Again.

Purplepills's picture
Purplepills's picture
Purplepills Saturday, 5 Aug 2017 at 6:46pm

Herc,
Stones and gordon on the buckfast...crikey don't get moose onit he need no encouragement...

you sounded shady last friday shat's

Purplepills's picture
Purplepills's picture
Purplepills Saturday, 5 Aug 2017 at 6:46pm

Herc,
Stones and gordon on the buckfast...crikey don't get moose onit he need no encouragement...

you sounded shady last friday shat's

Shatner'sBassoon Saturday, 5 Aug 2017 at 8:42pm

Nah, all quite sophisticated of late. Well, this week.

Actually, right now, I'm sipping - get this - vodka, camel milk, shot of lavazza and a teaspoon of icecream.

Needs a name.

Purplepills's picture
Purplepills's picture
Purplepills Saturday, 5 Aug 2017 at 9:12pm

farken shot of kahlua shy of a vodka martini sans caml milk, thought he was on west coast in a caravan

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 5 Aug 2017 at 9:24pm

West coast in a caravan is a warm Southwark with a dash of coke.

Shatner'sBassoon Saturday, 5 Aug 2017 at 9:31pm

Jackie Treehorn mixed a helluva caucasian. With added roofie.

Also known as a 'Cosby sweater'.

I was thinking my concoction could be called, I dunno, a camel toe?

Shatner'sBassoon Saturday, 5 Aug 2017 at 9:36pm

Southwark and Coke?? Southwark, what?

Actually, Coke is SHIT. Always.

Hang on, Coca Cola?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 5 Aug 2017 at 9:49pm

Yes a dash of Coca Cola.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 6 Aug 2017 at 12:31am

Shats, I've got it- 'Trans Siberian'.

Just got back from a work do- Suntory Premium Malts beer, Suntory High-ball and Koshinoko Kambai nihonshu (Subarashi O-Sake).

Getting my glow on, so no more posting tonight.

Shatner'sBassoon Sunday, 6 Aug 2017 at 1:02am

Bleached Putin. Boom!

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Monday, 7 Aug 2017 at 4:54pm

I'm channeling my inner Dennis Hopper!

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Monday, 7 Aug 2017 at 5:18pm

Actually, that was yesterday after the footy. Today, at work, I'm feeling like...this?!

"Just what do you think you're doing, Dave? Dave, I really think I'm entitled to an answer to that question. I know everything hasn't been quite right with me, but I can assure you now, very confidently, that it's going to be all right again. I feel much better now. I really do. Look, Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over. I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you. Dave, stop. Stop, will you? Stop, Dave. Will you stop, Dave? Stop, Dave. I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it, I could sing it for you."

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Monday, 7 Aug 2017 at 5:19pm

"It's called "Daisy". Dai-sy, dai-sy, give me your answer true. I'm half cra-zy, o-ver the love of you. It won't be a sty-lish mar-riage, I can't a-fford a car-riage---. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle - built - for - twoooooooooooooo."

Shatner'sBassoon Monday, 7 Aug 2017 at 7:01pm

On the Tamango or Devasto, Coops?

Mort's picture
Mort's picture
Mort Monday, 7 Aug 2017 at 9:34pm

Hardys Stamp bottle, cheap at eight bucks a bottle. You can get three bottles for twenty, but it is easier if you stagger them and go for the drive after one, for the second, you have to have a route.

Shatner'sBassoon Monday, 7 Aug 2017 at 10:11pm

I scored a case of Hardy's Varietal Range Merlot, 2014, the other month for around $30. Nice little quaffer.

Mort's picture
Mort's picture
Mort Monday, 7 Aug 2017 at 11:47pm

Hardys Litre bottle of wine. You can buy three for twenty. But I find if you only buy one at a time, it is better for your health. Who am I kidding, until I am published or dead, I am not buying the The Australian Wine carton box again.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 8 Aug 2017 at 11:26am

Wine? Ooooo, aren't we swill-nutters taking it up a notch!

Having said that, me and the other half have been getting this delivered for a few years now. Good value. Top drops.

Variety is the stuff of life etc etc

https://www.vinomofo.com/clubs/the-cube

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Tuesday, 8 Aug 2017 at 9:36pm

Jack Daniels, with ice.

And if it's a beer, almost certainly James Boags.

nomad1's picture
nomad1's picture
nomad1 Tuesday, 8 Aug 2017 at 9:56pm

After a recent trip to Nicaragua and getting through the TSA check in Houston I'll be soon drinking some aged 18yrs Flor de Caña!

wesley's picture
wesley's picture
wesley Wednesday, 9 Aug 2017 at 8:47am

VB

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 9 Aug 2017 at 11:42am

Righto. Now we're moving on to the worst beers going, hey?

I nominate West End Draught. Old skool. Actually, Export was worse but they canned it.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Wednesday, 9 Aug 2017 at 3:43pm

Emu Export is bush chook piss.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 9 Aug 2017 at 6:54pm

I won't hear a bad word about a bush chook, cold or room temperature is fine.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Wednesday, 9 Aug 2017 at 6:58pm

'Kimberley cold'

Horrific!

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 9 Aug 2017 at 7:46pm

stick under a she-oak with a damp towel over em, perfectly chilled.

EWOK's picture
EWOK's picture
EWOK Thursday, 10 Aug 2017 at 11:56am

Emu export all the way, best camping beer around. Can't beat the days of getting a block for $27.