Watch: BBQ Sessions // Volume One

Reels

Solid Friday arvo viewing from Mikey Mallieu at R.U Studio, with footage from North Point and the Box.

Surfers include Shaun Manners - who's King Tong in this clip - Taj Burrow, Noa Deane, and Creed McTaggart.

Music from GOD and Sonic Youth.

Comments

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay commented Friday, 13 Nov 2020 at 7:21pm

That was very very good. Surfing, waves, music, edit.

Loved it, even if it made me feel old and inadequate.

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout commented Friday, 13 Nov 2020 at 7:44pm

Yet to make it to WA, Fiji's always taken that $, both bucket list waves, one day...

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus commented Friday, 13 Nov 2020 at 8:53pm

In my youth spent a bit of time at NP, those days it ate more people than made it, the boys make it look easy, great surfing.

Looks busy these days.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig commented Friday, 13 Nov 2020 at 9:06pm

Incredible!

Roystein's picture
Roystein's picture
Roystein commented Friday, 13 Nov 2020 at 9:46pm

Fuggen sick

ringmaster's picture
ringmaster's picture
ringmaster commented Saturday, 14 Nov 2020 at 9:15am

Just another day in W.A.

Hands down the best surf in Oz.

Trentslatterphoto's picture
Trentslatterphoto's picture
Trentslatterphoto commented Monday, 16 Nov 2020 at 4:32pm

second only to south oz

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine commented Saturday, 14 Nov 2020 at 7:03pm

Great music too...

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay commented Sunday, 15 Nov 2020 at 4:37am

How good are Sonic Youth!

SurferSam's picture
SurferSam's picture
SurferSam commented Sunday, 15 Nov 2020 at 12:20am

Looks depressingly crowded tho
I miss the 90s

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 commented Sunday, 15 Nov 2020 at 7:32am

it's a good life those lads have carved out. you can see why they want nothing to do with the wozzle.

wonder how long they can keep the dream alive?

Nick Bone's picture
Nick Bone's picture
Nick Bone commented Sunday, 15 Nov 2020 at 11:32am

Fuck God are good. Was expecting My Pal but there ya go.

Also, what was with that burn towards the end of the clip. Thought that dude was in a reasonable spot?

I am the bone

goofyfoot commented Sunday, 15 Nov 2020 at 7:35pm

Aren’t they just. Must admit My Pal is really the only song I know properly of theirs but fuck it’s a good one to pump when you’re ripping in and having a night of it

Spuddups's picture
Spuddups's picture
Spuddups commented Sunday, 15 Nov 2020 at 12:53pm

Spent six months over there in 97. Even back then NP was crowded. I only surfed it once. It was this day where there'd be a 4ft set every 20mins or so and then it'd go dead flat. Consequently there was no-one out. I figured three waves an hour would be better than I'd be getting if the usual crowd was out. Anyway, I got about a dozen waves in three hours. Just me and a mate out the whole time. One of the best waves I have ever surfed I reckon. Right up there with Padang, Deserts, Kirra etc. My advice to a visiting surfer however would be unless you're QS or CT level then I wouldn't bother with NP. You won't get a wave. Plenty of other less crowded spots nearby.

ringmaster's picture
ringmaster's picture
ringmaster commented Sunday, 15 Nov 2020 at 5:20pm

Had a late afternoon surf in the exact conditions you described at Gnaraloo in 2008.

4 ft sets with nothing in between and perfect surface conditions. Me and a mate at Centres and the other 2 at Tombstones for a couple of hours. No one else around.

When we came in an hour before dark there wasn't even another car in the car park. Sucked a couple of beers and a doob just enjoying the ambiance before driving back to camp.

You never forget those sessions.

Remigogo's picture
Remigogo's picture
Remigogo commented Sunday, 15 Nov 2020 at 1:02pm

Lovely stuff. I have been missing NP.

Lucky bastards... keep it up.

Bnkref's picture
Bnkref's picture
Bnkref commented Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 6:25pm

That was very, very good.

One for the GOD (and Drones) fans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4SrOhc1zE

tango's picture
tango's picture
tango commented Monday, 23 Nov 2020 at 11:31am

Yeah bloody good surfing, but those young pricks get heaps of waves without having to drop in like at 3:45. That's just shithouse. I'm getting sick of entitled 'pro surfers' in clips burning people. Doesn't matter how good you are, have a bit of respect for people.

GreenJam's picture
GreenJam's picture
GreenJam commented Monday, 23 Nov 2020 at 3:22pm

and for some more GOD - this is classic

zenagain commented Monday, 23 Nov 2020 at 3:43pm

Ha ha! Classic.

Oh to be a precocious smart-arse teenager again.

1173

Remigogo's picture
Remigogo's picture
Remigogo commented Monday, 23 Nov 2020 at 10:38pm

GreenJam.... I find that strangely invigorating.