Flinder/Westernport?

Surf Hunter's picture
Surf Hunter started the topic in Tuesday, 24 Dec 2013 at 4:43pm

So any changes going to happen to the Flinders/Westernport situation? Some guy got stuck into me saying it was going to change.....looks the same to me

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 25 Dec 2013 at 9:14am

We're going to rename the location, that's all (and create a seperate forecast data point for it too). Probably a couple of weeks away at the moment. 

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 25 Dec 2013 at 11:53am

Mmmmm, me thinks you could run a competition on renaming Westernport Ben. My off the top of my head suggestions could be … No-swellville, Camville (just how many cams are located in WPort anyway?), Old-manville, grumpy old-manville, SUPville, kiddie land, geez the list could go on and on.

Happy christmas to all my friends in the telephone booth, party on.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 25 Dec 2013 at 12:17pm
Surf Hunter wrote:

So any changes going to happen to the Flinders/Westernport situation? Some guy got stuck into me saying it was going to change.....looks the same to me

Got stuck into you hey, I can see how tempers would flare on such a touchy subject.

Merry Christmas.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 25 Dec 2013 at 12:21pm

Floyd, a couple of Peninsula surfers I know refer to the region as Coward's Cove. Not sure what impact that might have on our SEO though.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 25 Dec 2013 at 1:21pm

Too true Ben, although there is one wave in the joint that does smack, "on its (rare) day".

braithy's picture
braithy's picture
braithy Wednesday, 25 Dec 2013 at 5:30pm

Coward's Cove. I love it.

The whole state could be called that, couldn't it? The complete absence of barrels and all that ...

... Just kidding my Victorian brothers. Just kidding.

Merry Christmas to you and your outer reefs and the big sharks which swim around them.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 25 Dec 2013 at 5:41pm

Braithy it really doesn't barrel here, but we do get killer whales!!

braithy's picture
braithy's picture
braithy Wednesday, 25 Dec 2013 at 5:53pm

I shit myself in Tassie when a Killer whale swam past me and one other bloke surfing way down on the Tassie peninsula. It was about 40-50 metres away swimming parallel to the rock ledge we were on, and it's fin out of the water was taller than me.

Me and the other bloke just looked at each other with dropped jaws and paddled straight into an oncoming set onto the rocks.

lol ...