Torquay cam freezing

adrobbbo's picture
adrobbbo started the topic in Saturday, 11 Mar 2023 at 9:40am

Torquay cam keeps freezing , lots of other cams work fine

omen's picture
omen's picture
omen Sunday, 12 Mar 2023 at 7:41am

Same with Burleigh Heads camera. 5 seconds on, 5 seconds frozen. Other cameras seem ok.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 12 Mar 2023 at 7:53am

Issues with the TQ cam is very intermittent (just watched it for five mins, no interruptions), but it's likely related to poor internet speeds, which are being upgraded in the coming weeks. Same too at Burleigh. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jono Griffiths's picture
Jono Griffiths's picture
Jono Griffiths Monday, 17 Apr 2023 at 11:14am

Hi guys, any update on this as is still an on going issue. For reference I noticed this started around when the cams got changed over not sure if this has anything to do with it…

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 17 Apr 2023 at 12:10pm

Techs are on the road at the moment, will be around to fix that soon. Always difficult to squeeze in interstate travel around the Easter period unfortunately.

burendan's picture
burendan's picture
burendan Tuesday, 4 Jul 2023 at 9:36am

I tried to watch some replays from Torquay yesterday and it is very jerky. Plays for 10 seconds, pauses for a few seconds and then jumps ahead. Doesnt appear to happen on the winki cam at the same time.

KiwiGlen's picture
KiwiGlen's picture
KiwiGlen Friday, 15 Sep 2023 at 8:37am

last few days on Torquay cams (and Winki) I have been getting the message 'App encountered an error. Please pull down to reload and continue watching'. ... so, that doesn't doin anything.
I'm on iphone 8 - I know some of the earlier iPhones have problems , any ideas guys?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 15 Sep 2023 at 8:58am

Looks like there's a weird bug with some of the new cam hardware that's affecting old iPhones and iPads (anything newer than about 2018 seems to be fine). We're looking into it.

As you're on an iPhone, can you confirm if you're viewing via the App, or Safari? (from our testing, it seems to affect just the App). Can you also try in another browser like Chrome?

KiwiGlen's picture
KiwiGlen's picture
KiwiGlen Friday, 15 Sep 2023 at 9:17am

I am using the App but also went to the site via Chrome - same deal. Obviously fine on desktops/laptops but did get the same message a few days ago on my desktop (2022 iMac M2).

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 15 Sep 2023 at 9:20am

Cams were upgraded a few days ago, which may have brought on the message on desktop (i.e. when they were temp offline).

Thanks for confirming not working on Chrome on your iPhone 8... helps us debug a little more.

Out of interest can you also please check these cams and tell me whether they work in the App or Chrome for you (on your iPhone):

The Pass https://www.swellnet.com/surfcams/the-pass
Triggs https://www.swellnet.com/surfcams/triggs

KiwiGlen's picture
KiwiGlen's picture
KiwiGlen Friday, 15 Sep 2023 at 10:38am

The Pass cam works but not Triggs

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 15 Sep 2023 at 10:58am

Thanks, all useful info. We'll get to work debugging.