Bondi Surf Cam Still down after 18 months of back and Fourth emails??

STRATTOS28's picture
STRATTOS28 started the topic in Monday, 18 Nov 2019 at 7:43pm

I have been emailing Ben from Swellnet back and fourth for the past 18+ months with Ben Reassuring that it will be back back up ASAP. These emails date back from January 2018??

STRATTOS28's picture
STRATTOS28's picture
STRATTOS28 Monday, 18 Nov 2019 at 7:55pm
STRATTOS28 wrote:
I have been emailing Ben from Swellnet back and fourth for the past 18+ months with Ben Reassuring that it will be back back up ASAP. These emails date back from January 2018??
So Ben not sure how or as to why this is now pushing on to close to 2 years and still no fixed solution?? The monthly payments are what $9 per month, now how is thus fair to be charging full subscription monthly prices when local Cam spots are down and out of action for this long?? The new Maroubra Cam is horrible, you can't even see North or South Maroubra, we pinch zoom into some cooks riding in the flags. If you want your customers to be loyal Ben, you should be delivering the good service in return, not over promising on certain surf cams to be getting fixed and nothing is happening like we are waiting for council Approval on building development.
thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 18 Nov 2019 at 8:01pm

It's been a slog but the Bondi cam is nearly there. Unfortunately, these things don't always proceed as fast as we anticipate. Sorry for the delay.

DY's picture
DY's picture
DY Sunday, 1 Dec 2019 at 11:14am

I'd similarly reached out to SwellNet in the past and have all but given up after its been down for a good number of years now (at least three). Its super frustrating paying a subscription each month and then still having to go to Coastalwatch's shitty cam.