Surfcam clips

Widepoint's picture
Widepoint started the topic in Monday, 6 May 2019 at 2:17pm

Hey guys just putting an idea out there, what about users potentially gaining access to surf cam footage of a particular day and timeframe? I was surfing in coffs and thought I might be in view of the cam, could watch back to critique my surfing. Would be cool, thoughts??

spudsurf's picture
spudsurf's picture
spudsurf Thursday, 9 May 2019 at 10:54am

Good idea! I just subscribed for that reason.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 9 May 2019 at 11:03am

We currently offer replays to some surfcams but neither of the Coffs cams at this stage. They'll get updated shortly and all future cams will also have the replay feature. 

I've seen a few examples where surfers have made clips of themselves at Shark Island from our replays.

spudsurf's picture
spudsurf's picture
spudsurf Thursday, 9 May 2019 at 1:48pm

stunet, is there a way to download replays to make your own clips?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 9 May 2019 at 1:54pm

Shit...a technical question...directed at me!

I'm assuming (read: stabbing in the dark) that the people who've made videos used Quick Time and recorded from the screen.

That said, someone with half a clue (read: Ben or Craig or Jono) will drop by here soon enough and set you straight.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 9 May 2019 at 3:29pm

There are ways to download the replay videos, though the software I used to use doesn’t seem to work any more. We are planning on making this a lot easier in the future too.

Jimmyfinplugcover's picture
Jimmyfinplugcover's picture
Jimmyfinplugcover Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 7:09am

Howdy Ben,
Just wondering if this feature is working to download the cam clips. The reason I ask is that I wanted to get a few 10 min sections from last night at Triggs. Longboard session and a few cool rides and classic drop ins went down with a few mates. Are downloads possible yet?
Cheers if there are
Jimmy

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 7:20am

Not yet.. however we are mid way through an overhaul of our replays system that'll offer some additional functionality, and are hoping it'll be live in the next month or so.