Login problems

shortmac's picture
shortmac started the topic in Friday, 22 Mar 2019 at 7:56am

Why do I have to login every time to the app or we’d site even though I always tick remember me.
And I have to go to the web site to access certain web cams because I can’t access them via the app?

Simon cavanough's picture
Simon cavanough's picture
Simon cavanough Friday, 3 May 2019 at 8:08am

I also automatically log out , it would be good to not have to go through the log in process every time I want to have a look at the site . I’ve never timed it , but one login lasts about 6 hours . I’m on a iPhone 10

Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 2:27pm

This issue was resolved a while ago. But seems to have resurfaced again across all my apple products using safari browser. Every time i go to check out something on SwellNet or click on the forecasting link in Craig’s email, I have to re-login.

It’s happening on:
- iPhone 7 Plus running 12.3.1
- iPad Pro running 11.4
- MacBook Pro (sorry don’t have it with me at the moment, but it doesn’t work on safari there either.).

Hope this is an easy fix for you guys.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 2:38pm

Sorry you're having problems SS. Can you confirm you're ticking the "remember me" box?

Also, are you logging in through more than one device?

Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer Wednesday, 3 Jul 2019 at 10:39am

Hi Guys

Yep, Remember me is always ticked. And yes I log in on iPhone, iPad and laptop.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 3 Jul 2019 at 11:26am

Can you try the Chrome browser? We seem to have almost no problems with that.

Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer Wednesday, 3 Jul 2019 at 12:29pm

Interestingly it now seems to be working on Safari across all iPad iphone laptop.

I’ll give Chrome ago if it happens again on Safari.

Thanks for checking in. :-)

eel's picture
eel's picture
eel Thursday, 4 Jul 2019 at 9:46am

I have a problem on my iphone. It never remembers my surf report (northern beaches) even though I have have it starred as my favourite. It does however remember my surf cam (Narrabeen)

Using safari. This problem only started since the app changed to the lighter blue colour.

hebend19's picture
hebend19's picture
hebend19 Sunday, 7 Jul 2019 at 7:49am

Having the same problem on PC with Chrome. Working fine on android phone with chrome

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 7 Jul 2019 at 9:01am

Eel - is this on the website, or the App?

Hebend19 - not quite sure what the problem is - can you please confirm? Is it not remembering surfcam locations?

hebend19's picture
hebend19's picture
hebend19 Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 9:04am

Oh sorry, I'm just having the login issue. I keep getting logged out in PC even though I've got the remember me option set

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 9:02am

Can you please check that cookies are enabled?

hebend19's picture
hebend19's picture
hebend19 Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 9:06am

Cookies are enabled

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 9:10am

Hmmm. Not sure what could be causing it. How often are you being logged out? Every time you click a page, or once per day, or once every few days?

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 9:23am

Same for me. I have to login in on my laptop every day almost. Using chrome. And yes I have the remember me ticked.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 9:29am

Don - are you on a PC or Mac?

Only time it happens for me is if I haven't used a computer for a while (I'm on Mac/Chrome).

Perhaps there were some unforseen adjustments made when we added the Facebook/Google log in functionality.. I'll get the devs to take a look.

ojackojacko's picture
ojackojacko's picture
ojackojacko Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 2:25pm

one thing to consider - are u using an ad blocker? my son loaded an ad blocker on my computer for me, and ever since then i always have to re-login like others have reported. before that never had a problem. logging in to swellnet is the price i have to pay ...

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 4:31pm

PC. Windows

Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer Wednesday, 10 Jul 2019 at 1:32pm

Ok it happened again today.

The Problem is on both my iPhone and iPad:
- I get Craigs forecast email. I click on the link. It opens Safari. And I need to enter login details. (So Craig sends emails on Mon, Wed and Friday - So safari or swellnet seems to log us out in that time period.).
- I then open in Chrome, and I am still logged in and there are no issues. (But I dont’ usually use Chrome).

I have not updated any software so the iOS is the same as my message above.

I have not tried on my MacBook Pro.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 10 Jul 2019 at 1:39pm

Righto. The problem I can see here is that Safari is set as 'default'. browser So when you click a link on an email, it opens in Safari, which you're not logged in on (Safari tends to have more log in problems than Chrome, BTW). This has been a well known issue in the past. 

So, go into your phone settings and see if you can change your default browser to Chrome (how you do this may also depend on the mail client you're using - either Apple Mail, or Gmail, or whatever).

joeyjnr's picture
joeyjnr's picture
joeyjnr Saturday, 13 Jul 2019 at 7:49am

Having the same problem. Was all good for a couple of months, but am now having to log in every day. Using Chrome on Pixel 3 and windows...