report drop down menu doesn't work on iphone 3

Crusty'sDad's picture
Crusty'sDad started the topic in Sunday, 9 Dec 2018 at 11:20am

Unfortunately your new interface doesn't work with my (antique) iphone 3. I realise I am probably the only person in the universe to have a phone this old, but as a subscriber, I don't really think I should have to buy a new phone to access reports on my phone. How much testing does your developer do? Do you have any suggestions?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 9 Dec 2018 at 1:10pm

The iPhone 3 is around ten years old (and was discontinued in June 2010, eight years ago). 

We also don't provide support for Nokia, Blackberry, Windows Phone or Motorola devices. These devices have little to no viewers on Swellnet, so we unfortunately don't have the development resources to make sure we can satisfy niche hardware.

Hell, I got an email from DropBox the other day saying they will no longer support computers running Mac OS 10.9 from next February (the software is only five years old), and they're a company with "500 million registered users across 180 countries".

That being said, the new Swellnet site should still work on browsers like Chrome - that is, assuming the iPhone 3 supports those browsers.

Without wanting to be presumptuous, I suspect a slightly newer device may have other benefits other than allowing access to our surf reports. There's a wealth of quality Apps out there for you to enjoy, and the telcos make it pretty easy to bundle the cost of the phone into monthly repayments over a year or two.

Failing that, I'd recommend the Aust Post shop - they have a whole bunch of cheap (non-Apple) smartphones that work unreal. I picked up a Samsung J2 Pro for around $140 a few weeks ago and for most users, it has most of the functionality you'd find on their top-of-the-line Galaxy Pro, which is around five times the price.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 9 Dec 2018 at 2:58pm

Thanks for the heads up on the Samsung Ben. My Apple devices worked reasonably well until I cancelled Apple Music, since then endless pain. They removed ALL the music from my devices including heaps of stuff I have downloaded from CD and refuse to return it. Now they don't recognise my Apple ID and demand a non-existent password for Administrator on the iMac. Just a coincidence of course! NOT.