Lorne cam

adrobbbo's picture
adrobbbo started the topic in Saturday, 13 Oct 2018 at 3:45pm

When u fixing it please, you save me a lot of petrol every day , ta Swellnet.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 14 Oct 2018 at 5:34am

Underneath the surfcam player is a message:

"9/10 update: We have a scheduled visit to install the new service line on Oct 16th. Fimgers crossed there are no other hiccups. Apologies for the inconvenience. If you're interested, there's a lengthy explanation in the outage here."

Brickwalls's picture
Brickwalls's picture
Brickwalls Sunday, 21 Jul 2019 at 3:38pm

Lorne Cam has a ghost image wave running from left to right. The calm swell today makes it quite visible, it looks a bit lije it gusts of wind ruffle.

murphy's picture
murphy's picture
murphy Monday, 22 Jul 2019 at 9:32am

Its a reflection off the inside of the surf club windows...depends on the time of day and the sun's position in the sky as to how visible it is.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 22 Jul 2019 at 9:41am

Yep, that's right. We'll eventually relocate it outside but for now it's only a problem with the sun's shining and the surf is very small. 

Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer Saturday, 28 Sep 2019 at 7:52am

Lorne has been off line for some time now. Any word on when it will be back online?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 28 Sep 2019 at 8:03am

It's a local power issue (our gear is fine). Been trying to get someone at the surf club to check it for us, but it's not occupied during the week so we're having difficulties. Will keep on trying - sorry for the inconvenience.

Johnwaller's picture
Johnwaller's picture
Johnwaller Tuesday, 12 Nov 2019 at 6:24am

What's happening with this cam? I was down at the Surf Club yesterday and all the works are finished now.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 12 Nov 2019 at 6:30am

Haven't heard from the club yet - so looks like we'll have to tee up our sparky to head down there and reinstall everything. 

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 12 Nov 2019 at 8:11am

Ben, I get down that way a fair bit and I reckon the club is open more times than not mid week, but as I have previously said nothing seems to get done in Lorne quickly ....

Johnwaller's picture
Johnwaller's picture
Johnwaller Tuesday, 12 Nov 2019 at 8:45am

I work at the school in Lorne so if there is anything I can do to help let me know.
J

Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020 at 6:39pm

This cam is the main reason I subscribe. Any more updates when it will be fixed?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020 at 7:16pm

Just trying to schedule the sparky in for a trip ASAP (he lives a reasonable drive away). We both went down there in December to reinstall but the surf club wasn't ready. Fingers crossed within the next week or so. Thanks for your patience.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020 at 9:50pm

Nothing happens in Lorne quick never

mackdog's picture
mackdog's picture
mackdog Wednesday, 5 Feb 2020 at 6:00pm

Any updates?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 5 Feb 2020 at 6:05pm

Spoke to the sparky today, actually. He's unable to get there for a few weeks (due to a backlog of pre-existing work) but I've stressed how long it's been offline so he's going to do his best to get there much earlier. 

The good news is that we'll be upgrading the old camera, placing it outside of the tower (so it doesn't get that weird occasional glare from the window) and also putting in a second fixed cam as well. So it'll be worth the wait. Thanks for your patience. 

Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer Saturday, 15 Feb 2020 at 8:38am

Almost been down 6 months now....

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 15 Feb 2020 at 10:18am

Waiting on the sparky mate, all of the gear is with him. Should be done this week. I'll give him another nudge.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 15 Feb 2020 at 12:42pm

Keep saying nothing gets done in Lorne quickly .... unless you’re in business with or a personal friend of or play golf with the { } family / business.

murphy's picture
murphy's picture
murphy Sunday, 16 Feb 2020 at 7:42am

There's no hurry.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 16 Feb 2020 at 11:56am

Hey Ben, you can check out if your mate is working on the roof of the lorne SLC roof anytime you want this week, you do know that don’t you?

Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer Monday, 24 Feb 2020 at 4:17pm

It’s working!!! Awesome. Thank you.

Walk around G's picture
Walk around G's picture
Walk around G Monday, 24 Feb 2020 at 5:55pm

Well Benny, next time if you need a Professional and timely fix for your webcams in Vicco, maybe get in contact with me, I'll take care of it for you and it'd be done in no time.

Just saying ;)

I'm more than happy to help keep the Vicco cams and the like going if you require onsite technical support /data technician as part of the swellnet team etc.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 24 Feb 2020 at 8:19pm

Thanks W, though the delay from my sparky wasn't the bulk of it.

Part of the delay was also that we decided to undertake a major upgrade of the gear (relocating the cam outside, puttting in a second cam,plus also relocating the comms box), so it took a lot of to-ing and fro-ing.

Anyway fingers crossed it runs smoothly from now on.