An Idea

yocal's picture
yocal started the topic in Tuesday, 26 Nov 2013 at 12:20pm

Hey Team,
Just a suggestion that I would like to put forward.
On the WAMS page, do you reckon you could jam a tide time plot in there (below and in sync with the timeline, and above the WAMS?)

That would be cool as its good to get an idea of the tide's movement when the swell hits, something basic would be good for quick reference then the user can get into the particulars if it all starts to take shape.

loving the site...

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 26 Nov 2013 at 1:01pm

Thanks Yocal. That's not a bad idea, although I'm not sure where we could fit it in.

Also, the WAMS have six-hourly increments, so to sync the tide charts in with them would look a little weird (unless we split all 384 timesteps of the 16 day forecasts into hourly blocks, which might be a weird user experience).

Anyway, I'll have a think about it.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 26 Nov 2013 at 10:32pm

Wam

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Wednesday, 27 Nov 2013 at 9:41am

I'm thinking moreso of replicating the basic wave-shaped plot on the ADVANCED surf forecast page under Tide Times & Weather, not necessarily depicting tide heights even, just the basic high/low pattern in sync with the timeline graph's 6 hr increments.

Anyways if it's do-able I'd definitely use it rather than flicking back to the forecast page.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 27 Nov 2013 at 11:18am

Yeah that's possible I suppose.. we'll see if we can mock something up down the track (just getting through a large backlog of existing things to fix/improve).