Always have to login!

enjay81's picture
enjay81 started the topic in Sunday, 13 May 2018 at 2:55pm

First world problem I know, but annoying to have to constantly log in to reap the benefits of a paid subscription, especially when it is just a quick surf report or surf cam check. Are you able to add a ‘remember me’ function?

Cheers!

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Sunday, 13 May 2018 at 8:21pm

Got any more info enjay, what operating system/device as this shouldn't be happening often?

carpetman's picture
carpetman's picture
carpetman Sunday, 13 May 2018 at 9:25pm

Same annoyance that I posted about the other day. Usually happens once a week on all my devices. Seems to happen more often when I’m O/S in an area of poor reception.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 14 May 2018 at 7:36am

Yeah, trying to get more info. Could you tells us..

Desktop or mobile 
OS type
Browser

If on mobile, are you accessing through a browser, or are you following a link through Facebook? 

Most users would ordinarily access the site via a couple of methods. And, Facebook users (on the App) defaults to its own browser, which won’t have your login credentials. So you may be logged in on the website but if you follow a link via the FB App you won’t be.

carpetman's picture
carpetman's picture
carpetman Monday, 14 May 2018 at 9:27am

Cheers Craig,

Happened this morning on my work comp. Running windows 10, using chrome.

Happens once a week or so on my phone. iOS 11.3. safari. or chrome.

Maybe I'm just more aware of it but feel like it happens more often when I'm O/S and have poor reception.

I thought, maybe, it was something you guys would do to try stop people sharing paid accounts? Which would be fair enough. Not trying to have a dig. It's just a little annoying spending half an hour trying to load up a forecast and when it finally loads it's the log in page or restricted forecast.

If something can be done about it would be great.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 14 May 2018 at 11:26am

We've made some changes guys and added a "remember me" button.

Wanna try this and let us know how you guys go.

surfstarved's picture
surfstarved's picture
surfstarved Monday, 14 May 2018 at 12:52pm

This has been an issue for me on the app (iOS), although not so much on the laptop. Every time I open it I've been logged off, so if I want to avoid an ad every time I click on something, or view the long-term forecast, I have to sign back in.

First world problem I know, but it gives me the shits.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 14 May 2018 at 2:11pm

Yeah, thanks Surfstarved.

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Monday, 14 May 2018 at 2:43pm

Cookies?

enjay81's picture
enjay81's picture
enjay81 Thursday, 17 May 2018 at 11:05pm

Sorry Craig, Offline for a bit.
Happens on my iPad, iPhone and laptop (windows).
Haven’t tried the new feature.
Let you know how it goes, cheers!

enjay81's picture
enjay81's picture
enjay81 Thursday, 17 May 2018 at 11:17pm

Just ticked the remember me feature, uploaded the website and Then closed safari on my iPad and iPhone, and on both devices, it asked me to sign in again when I tried to access the site for a second time. However, when I added a new page whilst writing this, it remembered me??????

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 25 Jun 2018 at 9:26am

We've been hearing of an increase in the reported number of users being logged out (including me!).. we're implementing another fix this morning. Sorry for the inconvenience.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Monday, 25 Jun 2018 at 9:37am

Ive been having to log in on my phone every day. Little bit annoying..

Was going to mention it here but couldn’t be fucked logging in to do it

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 25 Jun 2018 at 10:26am

Just implemented the fix.. please let us know how you go (seems to be all good here). And remember to select 'Remember Me'.

linez's picture
linez's picture
linez Monday, 25 Jun 2018 at 9:25pm

Hi Ben, seems to be all good now. Left and come back to the site a few times now and no drama.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018 at 6:32am

Just had to log in again after not being on since yesterday. Have clicked remember me so I’ll see how it goes later today

ryder's picture
ryder's picture
ryder Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018 at 10:28am

Working well for me now...

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018 at 12:35pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone, seems it's sorted (though please let us know if you have any problems).

Interestingly, fixing this problem has triggered a fresh problem with the Apps. So we're now focused on getting that fixed.

rsapwell's picture
rsapwell's picture
rsapwell Tuesday, 31 Jul 2018 at 9:20am

Fix doesn't work for me have to login every time, using iPad

Peter dean's picture
Peter dean's picture
Peter dean Friday, 3 Aug 2018 at 10:39am

New subscriber, unable to access the premium reports, (still distorted).
I'm an old fart, what am I doing wrong?????

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 3 Aug 2018 at 10:44am

Hi Peter, we've refreshed something in the database, can you please try again? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Peter dean's picture
Peter dean's picture
Peter dean Friday, 3 Aug 2018 at 1:49pm

All good, up and running.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Friday, 3 Aug 2018 at 5:19pm

I’ve got this problem. On iPhone, I don’t use anything else. I’ve tried logging in, remember me button, and going back to the same logged in window (not sure what you call it but normally I constantly clear all my opened app and website screens) but yeah, even that didn’t work. I’m not using the app yet, maybe I should, but I think the forecast notes aren’t there anyway. I’d like to be a paying member, but not sure if I can be. Same thing happened 6 months ago when I first signed up, got the shits after a while cause I’ve not got the patience to log several times a day. What am I doing wrong?

scottishsponger's picture
scottishsponger's picture
scottishsponger Wednesday, 15 Aug 2018 at 7:17am

This still isn’t fixed. I only use IOS on iphone and have to log in every time I open the app or go through the webpage on safari even if I leave the page open. This is pretty annoying now I’m paying a monthly subscription. I’m now reconsidering. Can you advise when this will be fixed please.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 15 Aug 2018 at 7:40am

That’s odd, we’re not seeing the same issue here. We’ll look into it ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience.

carpetman's picture
carpetman's picture
carpetman Monday, 3 Sep 2018 at 9:02am

Still happens regularly :(

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 3 Sep 2018 at 9:43am

Sorry guys. We're trying to find the solution.. it's right near the top of our priority list now.

timpen73's picture
timpen73's picture
timpen73 Sunday, 23 Sep 2018 at 11:18am

I seem to have similar issues, especially with the app. There is no remember me option so I always have to sign in and hunt for cam & reports locations that have been saved previously. Nothing seems to save. Also, I'm a premium member and don't have access to the premium cams?Sorry for the whinge, I love what you guys do and living over an hour from the water you always make my decisions easy and are usually spot on.

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Sunday, 23 Sep 2018 at 7:32pm

Yep, happens to me on the mobile web version (I don't use the app). Android, Samsung s7. Default browser (not sure what it is). I check 'remember me' but it doesn't make any diff.

Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer's picture
Suitsurfer Monday, 22 Oct 2018 at 12:37pm

Any update guys on this ongoing issue? Happens on Safari on both the desktop and mobile versions. Almost every second day.

Any work around solutions?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 22 Oct 2018 at 12:49pm

We're still working a solution (sorry, taking longer than expected).

Though FWIW, of all of the email feedback we've received on this. Chrome has solved the problem 95% of the time.

Lanky Dean's picture
Lanky Dean's picture
Lanky Dean Monday, 22 Oct 2018 at 3:33pm

It only seems to happen to me when i actually turn off my phone. or once a week
no problem for me: )

Womble123's picture
Womble123's picture
Womble123 Monday, 22 Oct 2018 at 3:44pm

You might want to check you aren't on "Private" mode when browsing. That seems to require me to log in each time. Works well if not.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Monday, 22 Oct 2018 at 8:01pm

That’s done the trick. Well done!

yilep's picture
yilep's picture
yilep Sunday, 29 Dec 2019 at 9:27am

Hi, Happens the same with me most of the time thou IP is always same still.

Device: MacBook Air with macOS latest version.

Regards,
Seder Smith https://mycfavisit.me/ https://tellgamestop.vip/

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 14 Dec 2019 at 12:31pm

yilep, what kind of browser are you using? Please try Chrome - it always seems to work the best for everyone.