Cant log in on ipad or iphone

Topsy's picture
Topsy started the topic in Sunday, 7 Jan 2018 at 9:34am

I am getting a continually flashing authentication failed message when I open the swellnet app on my iphone 6 and ipad pro. It has happened at home and at my friends house (so completely different wifi networks) It stops after a while and then starts again when I try to log in. I have recently finished my free period and been charged for my 2 year plan, so maybe something has changed with my account?

VAN777's picture
VAN777's picture
VAN777 Sunday, 7 Jan 2018 at 9:39am

Same as Topsy.Its meant to be nearly 40 today (SUNDAY) and I reckon they cant handle the crowds.This is why I payed money to avoid this,oh well.

Topsy's picture
Topsy's picture
Topsy Sunday, 7 Jan 2018 at 9:44am

Just deleted, restarted, reinstalled... still the same problem. I am getting a “please check your network connection” message flashing on and off as well. It eventually loads but does not log me in.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 7 Jan 2018 at 9:55am

Sorry guys. We had a website outage yesterday, related to our API that runs the App.

We managed to get the website back up and running, but have temporarily disabled the API until we complete the fix. As such, the iPhone and Android Apps are offline whilst this occurs (why do tech problems always happen on a weekend, and in the holidays no less!).

Apologies for the inconvenience. If it makes you feel any better, I personally spend 12 hours on this yesterday trying to get things back up and running.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 7 Jan 2018 at 9:59am

VAN777 - this problem isn’t specific to subscribers or non subscribers, it affects all App users. Indeed it’s a pain in the bum, but to be fair it’s a pretty rare occurrence (last significant outage we had was over 18 months ago). For a small business that never sleeps, and has limited development/system resources (i.e. compared to any other company that operates 365 days of the year), this is pretty good result I reckon.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 7 Jan 2018 at 10:02am

Lastly, just to clarify, the website is not affected at all. Everything you would ordinarily get via the Apps is available via the website, which works perfectly as a responsive site on mobile devices too. 

VicRhino's picture
VicRhino's picture
VicRhino Sunday, 7 Jan 2018 at 11:36am

Don't stress ... nothing to report here in Vicco today!

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 7 Jan 2018 at 12:24pm

Apps should be back up and running now.

crg's picture
crg's picture
crg Sunday, 7 Jan 2018 at 12:41pm

Time for a cold beer Ben...and you should probably take Mon morning off at least :-)

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 7 Jan 2018 at 1:26pm

Thanks Ben all good now!

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Wednesday, 21 Mar 2018 at 4:08pm

Do you have to log in each time, to view continuous cams or make comments. I do. I just have the website saved to my phone. I don’t use the app because it’s different and I don’t like it as much. I rarely use a computer. Phone or nothing for me. I tend to not look at cams, because I couldn’t be bothered with the login process