WAMS

HORACE's picture
HORACE started the topic in Friday, 16 Dec 2016 at 6:56am

The WAMS new format is terrible for viewing now. Cannot display all 4 charts on one screen. The sypnoptic chart is not showing at all. Were these changes necessary?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 16 Dec 2016 at 9:34am

Yeah these changes were necessary. But we'll tidy up the WAMS page soon so they all fit in a little better.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 16 Dec 2016 at 10:53am

Good to see a fresh layout. Needed. Can see a little more work needs to be done.

rrobb's picture
rrobb's picture
rrobb Monday, 19 Dec 2016 at 10:30am

Thermalben's reply to Horace, regarding the WAMS part of the site is a little complacent! It is not a question of "fitting in a little better". There are parts missing altogether and the WAMS animation fails to function at all. There are other clunky bits. For example accessing the forecast - as one moves the cursor it often kicks one into another area of the site. But don't ask me to sort it... I wouldn't have a clue where to start!

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 19 Dec 2016 at 10:33am

Complacent? We're aware of the issues.. and are endeavouring to fix them all. No point me listing every one of 'em in this forum thread.

HORACE's picture
HORACE's picture
HORACE Wednesday, 21 Dec 2016 at 12:46am

Thanks Ben

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 23 Dec 2016 at 11:57am

Should be fixed now. Thanks for your patience.

surfiebum's picture
surfiebum's picture
surfiebum Friday, 26 May 2017 at 11:41am

Hmm, either the SE Qld WAMS aren't playing nice for me.. or I have never noticed that they don't update very regularly.

Currently running from Sun 21st May 6pm for me, rather than today.
Is there something up with them?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 26 May 2017 at 2:22pm

Sorry mate.. got a problem with our wave model (first time it's broken in four years, due to an Amazon server outage on Sunday night). Feverishly trying to rectify the situation. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Timhyland's picture
Timhyland's picture
Timhyland Wednesday, 12 Dec 2018 at 6:21pm

Hi mate, WAMS aren't working for me at all. Anything I'm missing here or is it a current issue with site?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 12 Dec 2018 at 6:33pm

Working perfectly here. What are you seeing? Can you upload a screenshot?

What kind of computer/OS/browser?

As always, Chrome works a treat at our end (preferably on Mac).