Trouble logging into website on iPhone

shoredump's picture
shoredump started the topic in Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 at 9:41am

Maybe there are others having the same trouble logging in to comment like I do. It started about 12 or so months ago, I'll try to log in 3 or 4 times then give up. 

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 at 9:41am

Are you using a username or email address to log in? We're not experiencing any issues here and aside from a brief App-related log in issue last Friday, the system seems to be running as per usual.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 at 9:42am

I use my username, but I just tried them using email the first two times. There's no explanation. I use a late model iPhone on the latest iOS, I log in and get to that page where it shows me how long I've been a member, so I should be logged in at that point, then no matter which avenue I take to get to comment, when I get there i still can't comment and have to try log in. I'm mindful of letting everything load before taking the next step too. There was never a problem before only the last year, but I'd say my strike rate is less than 20% success rate. Then sometimes it will just work the same way I tried before. I only just downloaded the app so maybe everything will work from there.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 at 9:43am

(note: I just moved this over from the Forecaster Notes, so we can continue the discussion without interrupting that thread). 

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 at 9:47am

Interesting. All I can think of right now is the way you navigate from the member page (ie once you've logged in). Are you perhaps pressing the 'back' button to go back to the article? This may undo the log in process.

Anyway, for now, can you please delete your cookies and empty your cache. Best way to do this on an iPhone is:

- Press Settings > Safari.
- Scroll down and tap Clear History and Website Data.
- Tap Clear History and Data.

Hopefully this will fix the problem.

(if you're on a desktop, instructions to clear your cache are here: http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/).

wally's picture
wally's picture
wally Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 at 10:49am

I have exactly the same issue as shoredump and would agree with his below 20% success rate.
However, my solution is this.
Normally, be reading a thread, suddenly feel the sick to urge to comment, log in, return to the thread, and no matter how I navigate back, it is mostly no go.
My workaround.
Read a thread, feel the urge to comment. Then, exit from Swellnet, go back into Swellnet, DO NOT open any threads, first log in from top right of the home screen, then hit the home button and open the thread. Now I can comment. This works pretty close to 100% of the time.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 at 10:57am

That's unreal info Wally, which will help our developers debug the issue. Thanks.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 at 11:03am

Yep that just worked first try for me too. Cheers

wally's picture
wally's picture
wally Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 at 11:18am

Thermalben, just some more info for your developers.

Using the normal unsuccessful method. Mostly, I can not comment on the thread I had open, but can comment on the threads I haven't opened.
Sometimes, only sometimes, when I can't comment on the thread I had been reading, if I open another thread and then go back to the original thread, then I can comment on the original thread.

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 at 11:43am

I too do what Wally does to get around the same issue.