Spam

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming started the topic in Thursday, 31 Oct 2013 at 8:38pm

Whats with all the spam since the new sites been up.?

Im curious why there was never any with the old forum, but new one is getting hammered.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 1 Nov 2013 at 2:47am

it will work out..i was maybe paranoidedly thinking it was coastalwatch or some other competitor it probably is. or someone belittled on this site in a vindictive revengeful act. but id say more likely something to do with people checking this new site and forecast system from bali, india nigeria whatever in an internet cafe full of viruses.???
might have to ask my younger brother, funny im an electronics tech yet younger brother knows more about computer tech than i do. we didnt have computer classes in my era at school, they wizz through this stuff these days.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 1 Nov 2013 at 5:38am

Spam is just one of those inevitable bugs, especially with a new website (which we're still getting used to and ironing out a million other bugs at the same time). We thought the 'captcha' service for signup would stop all of that but obviously someone's coded a way around it, so we're going to have to up the ante. In the meantime we'll simply have to perform a regular purge of all spam topics. It's annoying I know, but we'll get on top of it soon.