Data not displayed on Surf Forecast tab

danielclayton1's picture
danielclayton1 started the topic in Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 9:32am

Gday. My computer is not displaying info on Surf Forecast page, ie. Wave Height and Swell Direction, Swell Train Data, Tide tImes and weather. Do you know what i need to install to make this happen. Any info would be great. Thanks. Dig the new site.

danielclayton1's picture
danielclayton1's picture
danielclayton1 Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 9:34am

Sorry. Running 64 bit, Windows 7. Thanks

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 10:31am

What browser are you using Daniel? Internet Explorer? If so, which version.. 8, 9, 10 or 11?

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 12:22pm

Ben, I'm running IE Verson 9 and get the same issues as Daniel above. Firefox is fine however.

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 12:29pm

It's fine on IE Version 10 - time for an upgrade daniel...

danielclayton1's picture
danielclayton1's picture
danielclayton1 Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 3:19pm

Cheers maddog. Upgraded and sorted. Donweather, mine was fine on Mozilla aswell (just checked), just upgraded to IE 10 and displaying all good. Thanks all for the prompt as responses.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 3:28pm

@donweather, IE 9, 10 and 11 should be compatible.

IE8 should work in general but there's certain SVG (graph elements) that won't render correctly. I wouldn't expect IE7 or anything less to work properly at all.

Anyway, if you could send through a screengrab of the problem that'd be greatly appreciated (pictures tell a thousand words!)

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Friday, 25 Oct 2013 at 10:14am

I've got IE version 9. Charts dont upload on this computer as pictured but I cant update the browser because its a company one. (The site works fine on my iphone though!)

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 25 Oct 2013 at 11:10am

Thanks for the screeny yocal. I'll pass this on to our developer (IE9 is working on our test computers, so this is unusual).

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Friday, 25 Oct 2013 at 12:26pm

Ben, my screen using IE9 at work looks just like yocals above. Although I've noticed of late a few other websites are playing up also in IE9 so it could have something to do with my work.

I just use google chrome instead at work and firefox at home.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 25 Oct 2013 at 12:51pm

Thanks Don. We'll look into it - it's imperative that these kinds of issues are rectified ASAP!

deeman's picture
deeman's picture
deeman Friday, 22 Nov 2013 at 9:28am

I have the same problem as yocal but I am running IE9... will update to IE10 and try that.
Some feedback - a lot of negative comments from in the water about the new website. Most complaints are about not having a quick summary & overview of conditions readily available for the upcoming week. I like all the extra data & stuff, but sometimes you just want to take a quick glance to get a feel for what's happening

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 22 Nov 2013 at 10:12am

Thanks for the feedback deeman.

Re: summary/overview - have you seen the forecast notes from this page? http://www.swellnet.com/forums/swellnet-forecast-notes

We'll soon be moving them from their current place in the forums to a tab on the surf report page, so that they're easier to access. However this is still the same detailed forecast information we've been providing for the last 12 years.