Bondi surfcam

sonja's picture
sonja started the topic in Wednesday, 20 Mar 2013 at 7:21am

Hi guys, i am sending you this email from a cold and rainy Holland...
My name is Sonja Goed, ik am 54 years old and i live in Heemstede in The Netherlands.
I am very happy that the surfcam on Bondi is working again, i realy enjoy looking around on the beach, i wish i could come over to see the real thing, but i am handicapt so this wil not hapen, mybe in my next life, lol
But what i realy mis is the beautiful sunrises on the beach i can watch in the evaning over here...
Is it possible to turn the camera in the same position again like before?
The vieuw on the beach was so beautiful.... the people walking on te beach, those hot lifeguards putting the sines in the sand... So great to watch!!!
Please, please, please, could you turn de camera just a little bit?

Ik really hope so!!!

The biggist Bondifan from The Netherlands...

many greetings
Sonja Goed

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 20 Mar 2013 at 10:09am

Hi Sonji, thanks for your nice words on the surfcam. The current view is the same as it's been for the last few years - unfortunately, being surfers - we have no interest in watching the lifeguards or people walking along the beach - we're really only interested in the surf, which means the surfcam is focused in on the waves all the time. Hope you understand!

sonja's picture
sonja's picture
sonja Thursday, 21 Mar 2013 at 11:36am

Hi Termalben,

Thanks for your nice replay..
Ofcourse i undertstand that the cam is focust on the surf and i watch them every day, i am not a surfer but i enjoy seeing the surfers do there thing..
What i meant was the first position of the cam, there was a piece of the parkinglot, a part of the beach, and also Flatrock, with a part of the sky, (Sunrise)

I also watch the other cams, i love the beautiful color of the water, overhere the sea is grey and very cold, we get to swim maybe 2 or 3 weeks a year, if we are in luck..
Thank you for installing the cams so the rest of the world can see how beautiful your beaches are...

many greetings
Sonja