Surf Forecast

donweather's picture
donweather started the topic in Wednesday, 11 Jul 2012 at 8:57am

Just wondering why the "Surf Forecast" for the actual day now appears to dissappear on the actual day, whereas previously, it used to still be there, at least until the afternoon. eg, the "Surf Forecast" only shows Thursday onwards and yet it's Wednesday today, hence if new swell was coming through this afternoon, you wouldn't know about this as Wednesday's "Surf Forecast" is no longer shown?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 11 Jul 2012 at 9:17am

Great point Don, we'll have a resolution for this when we implement a new system in the coming months but the reason it occurred today is because I updated the SE Qld forecast and this rolls-over the forecast graph automatically.

I do mention any new swells expected on the day in the extended notes if it's worth noting but as you can see, today is pretty average so there's no use in keeping Monday's forecast there.

In Sydney on the other hand I forecast a 3ft+ NE swell this morning with improving conditions and it's come in as such, but the graph has now disappeared because I have also updated that forecast. Here I think I should of maybe kept that forecast up a bit longer for people to see that everything came is as expected.

Cheers, Craig

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Wednesday, 11 Jul 2012 at 11:35am

Thanks Craig. I didn't check the extended forecast early this morning as I didn't expect that you would have updated today's forecast already!!!! Did you wet the bed this morning!!! ;)

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 11 Jul 2012 at 1:11pm

Not quite Don, actually wetting myself to get out and amongst it this afternoon. Not long now :D

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Wednesday, 11 Jul 2012 at 1:50pm

Well doing a swell forecast pre 6:30am is pretty well close to wetting the bed IMO!!!

Hope ya score this afternoon then!!

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 11 Jul 2012 at 2:05pm

Haha, 6:30am, it was updated at 8:35, there's a wrong timestamp on the notes. Just fixed.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 11 Jul 2012 at 7:34pm

Got my fill Don ;)