Yalls webcam

breals's picture
breals started the topic in Sunday, 27 May 2012 at 6:39pm

just wondering if the yallingup webcam could be moved to view the right hander of yalls instead of the left?? An also is there any ipad app for swellnet yet? Cheers

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 27 May 2012 at 7:54pm

I'm pretty sure the cam sees as much of the right as possible (there are a few tree obstructions in the way). I'll check it out next time there's a reasonable swell running through.

We are currently implementing iPad compatibility across the surfcams at the moment.. and hope to release this soon (it won't be an iPad app.. it'll just be on the regular website via Safari).

malibumick's picture
malibumick's picture
malibumick Monday, 28 May 2012 at 3:00pm

The left and right hand views on the sweep, (the bubble and Rabbit Hill,) are fine. The longest view of the main break only shows the end of the left, which shows nothing if the swell is small.
Best posi for an extended view seems to be where you have all the rooftops of the units at the bottom. That shows the peak and both left and right takeoffs. A wider angle would help.
Check it out next time it's firing. All this week looks good except for the dreaded northerly wind.
Thanks for a great site and Stu for his Surfpolitics.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 28 May 2012 at 3:32pm

Actually there are two views overlooking the units - and both have the same 'watch' time (about 20 seconds, I think). Also, there's a big bush/tree to the left (looking at the surf) of the southernmost view that makes it impossible to see anything else unfortunately.