Looking for advise

trex's picture
trex started the topic in Sunday, 13 Jun 2010 at 8:44am

I am looking for some advise, I am 22 years old and recently moved to the coast and want to get into Bodyboarding. It is very confusing and the advise you get is somewhat difficult to make heads or tales of.

What is the difference between an expensive bodyboard and a cheap one. They seem to be the same design and made from the same material? I have gone bodyboarding a few times but keep getting abused and yelled at, I keep getting near misses by surfers. what is the go with riding waves and why do I keep getting abused?

Thanks in advance, for the advise.

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Sunday, 13 Jun 2010 at 10:35am

Mate you are wondering why you are nearly getting run over?You are in the wrong place at the wrong time,get the fuck out of the wrong place!Fast!You know where the wrong place is,its the place where people yell at you,right?The only time you should be in that place is when you are riding a wave.If you fall off in the wrong place get the fuck out of there FAST!Do not paddle out from the beach through the wrong place.Go down the beach way from the wrong place & paddle out,then paddle over to the break.Better still if you are learning stay away from the wrong place altogether,stay away from surfers till you get your shit together.If you do happen to get run over by a surfer offer to pay for any damage to their board BEFORE you go & get yourself stitched up.Dont worry about a new board,the one you have now is doing a great job of getting you into trouble.LEARN TO STAY OUT OF PEOPLES WAY.

dumpy's picture
dumpy's picture
dumpy Sunday, 13 Jun 2010 at 11:14pm

hey dude, if someone is already riding the wave, it is considered their wave, so it is bad manners to try catch it.
*Always* have a look to see if someone is on the wave before going for it.

otherwise yelling or worse, collision may occur.

Surf less crowded waves to get your skills up before migrating to the more popular breaks. goodluck.

brendo's picture
brendo's picture
brendo Sunday, 13 Jun 2010 at 11:47pm

my adviCe is to go and ask someone on a bodyboarding forum, you might find someone who can talk sense :)

bourkess's picture
bourkess's picture
bourkess Saturday, 19 Jun 2010 at 1:37am

Can anyone advise me why the central coast surf report is always late or non existent? Is the bloke doing it always on the piss and to hung over to get out of bed or something

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 20 Jun 2010 at 10:58pm

Our Cenny Coast reporter has just gone OS for a couple of months and we're teeing up a temporary reporter in his absence.. should be back on track in the next day or so.