york peninsula south australia

live_to_surf_surf_to_live's picture
live_to_surf_su... started the topic in Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010 at 11:53pm

hey just wondering if anyone knows why there is no surf forcast for yorke peninsula south australia

simsurf's picture
simsurf's picture
simsurf Wednesday, 21 Apr 2010 at 12:11am

this is just a theory but
1. Not that many people live down there
2. if a person did start providing reports they probably would have to move pretty quick;)

there was a time when there were no surf reports for anywhere and surfers relied on their knowledge of the weather etc. Why take the fun out of everything. Nothing better than the bolt from Adelaide to find it flat :)

live_to_surf_su... Wednesday, 21 Apr 2010 at 3:57am

it would be good to have it but..

thelostclimber's picture
thelostclimber's picture
thelostclimber Wednesday, 21 Apr 2010 at 7:30am

as nice as surf reports are, there is no substitute for going a having a look for yourself.I have found recently that they aren't always that accurate, especially when trying to cover a large area.

the other option is learn to read a weather map (its not that hard), you should be able to figure out if there is swell or not.

radbone08's picture
radbone08's picture
radbone08 Thursday, 22 Apr 2010 at 12:14am

You need to same winds as the mid coast
So anything with an E in it
if its to small anywhere head to west cape or ethels or chis usually gets more swell

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 22 Apr 2010 at 12:37am

As radbone has alluded to, it's not that dissimilar to the Mid Coast in many ways, although expect around twice the size at west facing breaks with larger waves at your West Cape's, Ethels etc...

dork's picture
dork's picture
dork Thursday, 22 Apr 2010 at 1:23am

Please never do a report for the Yorke pen'. That would be disgraceful
Like craig said its easy enough to work out from the other forcasts. I think most south ozzies that go there would not appreciate loads of crew rocking up because there was a surf forcast giving everyone the green light. Lets keep a little mystery in the world shall we :)

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 22 Apr 2010 at 1:29am

There's no plans to do a Yorkes report. It's never been mentioned and I can't see it changing in the future.

live_to_surf_su... Thursday, 22 Apr 2010 at 2:30am

Thanks for the feed back lads..

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Thursday, 22 Apr 2010 at 7:08am

There is no point yorkes is shit all there is is fat mushy waves and straighthanders. How about everyone just keep to victa and the mid. Heaps of good waves there!

emu's picture
emu's picture
emu Thursday, 22 Apr 2010 at 11:16am

Fat mushy waves sound great for me and my 20 friends that have just started surfing (mini mals). Instead of going to Middleton every weekend we might head over there. I heard about a place called chinamens, maybe we might start there.............

live_to_surf_su... Thursday, 22 Apr 2010 at 2:11pm

chinamens isnt a learners beach.. i would try berri bay.. yorkes is not shot fat or mushy been there on a good day??

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 22 Apr 2010 at 9:28pm

chinamens isnt a learners beach.. i would try berri bay.. yorkes is not shot fat or mushy been there on a good day??

By: "live_to_surf_surf_to_live"

come in spinner

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Thursday, 22 Apr 2010 at 10:24pm

Hey emu sounds like all you dickheads were already just over..The shop sold out of soy latte's and vegetarian pies!! keep to the dribble dingus!!

radbone08's picture
radbone08's picture
radbone08 Friday, 23 Apr 2010 at 2:02am

chinamans is heavy would not go there if you were a learner

keegz's picture
keegz's picture
keegz Friday, 23 Apr 2010 at 2:25am

Didn't get your soy latte and vegetarian pie this morning cause they were all sold out barley?

:)

antifroth's picture
antifroth's picture
antifroth Sunday, 25 Apr 2010 at 3:03am

Mate the locals are all angry and protective so if it is firing you will most likley be told to go in by one of them. Went there in 2004 and it was heavy the way the locals carried on. Great waves but ficle and sharky. Have fun ;-)

emu's picture
emu's picture
emu Tuesday, 27 Apr 2010 at 10:53am

Sorry for eating all the vegetarian pies barley. Anyway have decided to skip chinamens and surf at ethels instead...........who knows might see you there!

antifroth's picture
antifroth's picture
antifroth Tuesday, 27 Apr 2010 at 9:39pm

Sharks at ethals, farken BIIIIGGGGG ones! Chomp Chomp

slobadan's picture
slobadan's picture
slobadan Tuesday, 27 Apr 2010 at 11:25pm

My tip for Yorkes is just keep driving west at Port Wakefield longer drive but the waves shit on anything Yorkes can dishup bar ethel ledge which is fickle as all fuck.Hell you can surf with most of Maroubra while ya there just get some tats done and you should blend in just fine, oh west coast what has happenend to ya not another N.W Aus I hope.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 28 Apr 2010 at 1:22am

Surfing south aus. is buying a ticket in sharklotto.

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Thursday, 29 Apr 2010 at 1:48am

Not much point having a Yorkes report when it takes you 3hrs to get there. A lot can happen with winds and tides in 3 hrs.

There used to be a Yorkes report many years ago (site was called SA Yorkes) but he shut it down eventually - probably because it was useless for people in Adelaide and the locals knew what was going on anyway.

funpeeler's picture
funpeeler's picture
funpeeler Thursday, 29 Apr 2010 at 3:06am

Hey - heres an idea.. What about a Cactus report as well? I am sure the locals over there would not mind phoning through an update every morning? They would have lots of photos to share too!

radbone08's picture
radbone08's picture
radbone08 Thursday, 29 Apr 2010 at 4:44am

yeah because that would go down well
you guys just think they are crazy because that is what you read in magazines have you ever actually spoken to the blokes?
They do react the same as we do when some one drops in on them