Good spots around Wollongong for bodyboarding

vruntson's picture
vruntson started the topic in Friday, 16 Apr 2010 at 6:59pm

I grew up around the Central Coast and know the surf spots there fairly well. Having moved to Sydney and Wollongong being the closest coastal region for me, is there any suggestions about the best beaches in said region for bodyboarding. I regularly hit City beach, Woonona and Bulli and must say, the Bulli/Woonona area is a fkn beautiful part of the world. A misty mountain backdrop while you surf....top stuff.

longinus's picture
longinus's picture
longinus Monday, 19 Apr 2010 at 1:13am

Plenty of ledges around there in a decent swell - pretty heavy though,you won't have to worry about stand ups hassling you on the real ones :D

goofy's picture
goofy's picture
goofy Monday, 19 Apr 2010 at 10:54pm

Pack your lame lid and head back up to the central coast...there's enough of those gay fuckers here already.

vruntson's picture
vruntson's picture
vruntson Monday, 19 Apr 2010 at 11:32pm

Pack your lame lid and head back up to the central coast...there's enough of those gay fuckers here already.

By: "goofy"

Wow....what a hard c@#t you must be. I'm not going anywhere. You go back to riding your .05ft full ripples and keep on topic. If you have a problem with bodyboarders, man up and challenge them to move on face to face.

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Monday, 19 Apr 2010 at 11:33pm

Hey goof check the dispatch section on the home page.

goofy's picture
goofy's picture
goofy Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010 at 8:57am

Classic! you ride a boogie board and your questioning my manhood? That is funny. And there is no need for face to face confrontations at this beach (or the surrouding ones for that matter) because it's common knowledge...boogers to the back of the line....

Peace bro's.

vruntson's picture
vruntson's picture
vruntson Wednesday, 21 Apr 2010 at 1:30pm

I'm sure you commit to a sizeable steep mutha of a wave goof....no....that's right, you're the pretend hero that somehow manages to miss the wave, pretending that he paddled his little heart out only to have the wave surge past him. Its ok man, just spray on the fake tan, apply the peroxide and go the whole hog with your pretend, poser existence

goofy's picture
goofy's picture
goofy Wednesday, 21 Apr 2010 at 10:19pm

"take a look at me I'm yesterdays hero..yesterdays hero..la la dut duta duta da..."
Keep going lid, that's a pretty close guess. Funny, I like it.

little-surfer-boy's picture
little-surfer-boy Friday, 23 Apr 2010 at 1:03pm

Try posting the same question on FluidZone, its a SwellNet for lids, same layout and all but theres more of your kind on that site.

antifroth's picture
antifroth's picture
antifroth Tuesday, 27 Apr 2010 at 9:43pm

FluidZone, yea all lidders should go over there, this is for surfers, real ones on real boards. Boogers were nearly stomped out last century. Why have they climbed out of the bucket? "I'd rather die on my feet than have to live on my guts"

seal's picture
seal's picture
seal Monday, 3 May 2010 at 10:22pm

Come you guys, be fair, he is only trying to find out some good booger spots. Not good spots to surf.
I don't know if the blast furnaces are still running, but that would be a good spot to start. Then maybe try sliding down Buli Pass when it's raining hard that should give you a rush. If all else fails just hang out at McDonalds with the rest of your gay mates.

bodyboarder_2's picture
bodyboarder_2's picture
bodyboarder_2 Tuesday, 4 May 2010 at 6:18am

to the guys saying this is a surfers only site shut up. any one can come on this site have alook at the swell forcasts and forums if you dont like it maybe you should go f@*k off us bodyboarders can look at any swell site we want.

longinus's picture
longinus's picture
longinus Thursday, 6 May 2010 at 5:40am

AZ, can you please post some of those Eddie Saltau photos of you to put this thread to rest please :)

little-surfer-boy Sunday, 9 May 2010 at 11:36am

Bodyboarder,
nobody is saying this is a surfers only site, i for one dont care what site you use. But i am curios to know why you use a site full of surfing contents, Fluidzone has the same information of swells, pictures of lids and if you asked the same question on there you would be getting a response from lids, not standups.
So tell me this, swellnet is, as you say, not made for surfers, yet is full of surfing content and still gets posts about lids. Fluidzone is made for lids, has pictures and info about lids, and does not have surfers using the site.