Surf cam for the central coast

bodyboarder's picture
bodyboarder started the topic in Monday, 8 Mar 2010 at 7:44am

When's swellnet going to create a surf cam for the central coast? they've got like 3 in the Sydney area and not one all the way to Newcastle??!

brendo's picture
brendo's picture
brendo Tuesday, 9 Mar 2010 at 1:07am

never :) Surf is crap, stay at home...

brendo's picture
brendo's picture
brendo Friday, 12 Mar 2010 at 1:01am

not to exactly spoil the party but there are other websites that do the surf reports, and they have an avoca camera. Not every site will have all the same cameras for every beach, they have to pay for and get the locations for the cameras so it's not easy to do I'm sure.

bodyboarder's picture
bodyboarder's picture
bodyboarder Tuesday, 16 Mar 2010 at 11:04pm

Yeah but I live in budgewoi, so Avocas so far away. There are beaches around my area that are just as good as Avoca. Plus I like swellnet better than coastalwatch or any of the others. Soldiers, Tea Gardens, Gravellys, Pelos, Shellys and Cabbage Tree Bay all go epic in the right swell and winds. I think there's too much emphasis on the southern central coast beaches, when beaches like soldiers get just as many people and solid swells but get no recognition.

brendo's picture
brendo's picture
brendo Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 at 4:34am

no recognition keeps the crowds down, that's a good thing. go old school and just go have a look at your local and decide from there, that's usually the best way even with cameras etc. The cameras at Avoca and Terrigal for instance, show nothing past the southern corners so they are not entirely useful for many beaches/breaks down here too.
Example, yesterday morning at Wamberal, clean 2 footers and light offshore winds to myself for an hour until the SUP's came along, surf report said it was crap and not to bother, but I would assume they only look at one or two spots and write a report for the whole coast from that, it's never perfect.

bodyboarder's picture
bodyboarder's picture
bodyboarder Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 at 8:58am

true.