Forecasts out of whack?

clif's picture
clif started the topic in Monday, 1 Mar 2010 at 12:19am

How come the forecast are so out of wack. I keep getting dats in February such as the 16 and etc. Manly, Maroubra etc.

clif's picture
clif's picture
clif Monday, 1 Mar 2010 at 1:58am

Using latest firefox mate. And it is still whack.

clif's picture
clif's picture
clif Monday, 1 Mar 2010 at 2:02am

Grrr

blank's picture
blank's picture
blank Monday, 1 Mar 2010 at 2:20am

no forcast for perth for 3 days. what is the point of coming to this site??

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 1 Mar 2010 at 2:53am

Hi Blank,

Unfortunately there are still a few bugs in the system regarding if the reporter doesn't update the daily report, the forecast graph and days don't roll over.

If you look at the forecast tab you'll see that Steve updated the forecast on Friday..
www.swellnet.com.au/reports/perth/forecast
Hopefully this is fixed ASAP.

Cheers, Craig

rail2rail's picture
rail2rail's picture
rail2rail Tuesday, 2 Mar 2010 at 4:21am

Yep...go to www.swellnet.com.au/reports/perth/forecast and check out the current conditions at Bellambi Point in NSW??? Hey Blank, check SRO for Western Forecasts.

kalium's picture
kalium's picture
kalium Wednesday, 3 Mar 2010 at 4:48am

Sometimes a forecast that apprently was updated at '2:36pm' won't show up until 5 hours later! What's up with that? Is there some whacky server side caching going on ?

clif's picture
clif's picture
clif Wednesday, 3 Mar 2010 at 10:48am

it seems you have to have the very latest of your browser or things get cached weird. did the update to my firefox and all is good. mine was one behind the very latest version and it made everything out of whack on SN

kalium's picture
kalium's picture
kalium Wednesday, 3 Mar 2010 at 12:02pm

it seems you have to have the very latest of your browser or things get cached weird. did the update to my firefox and all is good. mine was one behind the very latest version and it made everything out of whack on SN

By: "clif"

That sounds....odd.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 4 Mar 2010 at 12:51am

Matt's working on this as I write so that no matter what browser, updated or not etc. the forecats shows when it's updated.

Thanks for your patience :)